Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:47 am

Strange booking rule at this property: max occupancy on the Grand King room is 3 guests, but it is only 2 guests for the twice-as-large Grand King Suite.

Doing a 6-night award stay with wife and 1 year old and currently have the smaller room booked.

I am tempted to re-book and leave our baby off of the reservation, but I see that going poorly at check-in.

Any experiences with this?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by BookerT
Strange booking rule at this property: max occupancy on the Grand King room is 3 guests, but it is only 2 guests for the twice-as-large Grand King Suite.

Doing a 6-night award stay with wife and 1 year old and currently have the smaller room booked.

I am tempted to re-book and leave our baby off of the reservation, but I see that going poorly at check-in.

Any experiences with this?
When my kid was less than a few years old, I never had her on the reservation, and it was never an issue. Call and ask.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:21 pm

Does anyone have the VIP / Globalist / pre-arrival / reservations managers email address or phone number? I havent received a pre-arrival welcome email yet and need to coordinate credit preauthorzation. Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:38 pm

Is he alcohol in the grand club free or nominal charge?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Globallist
FREE! Which was really NICE!The service in the Club was always great, REALLY enjoyed the People, always left something, which was appreciated.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by creativeguess1
FREE! Which was really NICE!The service in the Club was always great, REALLY enjoyed the People, always left something, which was appreciated.
Do you remember the hours that the alcohol was free?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:27 am

Alcohol is served at dinner hours, from 5pm onwards daily.
mstrbldr likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Do you remember the hours that the alcohol was free?

yes. I’m your guy.

5 to 8pm. Usually went most nights til 9.

No alcohol in am.
mstrbldr likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
$500 taxes on $750 stay? Would booking with points avoid taxes

i am staying six nights.. 10k points per night plus $125 a night.

but taxes on that $750 stay is $500!!

what if i just did the full 20k points per night ( SO NO ADDITIONAL CASH)

but i heard some international hyatts you still have to pay taxes on a points only reservation.. can someone who has stayed here confirm for me please?

what about the resort fee? is that waived also?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by broncophil

but i heard some international hyatts you still have to pay taxes on a points only reservation.. can someone who has stayed here confirm for me please?

Resort fees waived on free night awards (all points). (Source: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...are-tiers.html)

Based on previous posts in this thread, service fees are not waived (approx $20/night).

Definitely makes sense to go all points rather than points + cash because of the fees.
broncophil likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:06 am

What Room Category?

I'm booking my third stay at this wonderful resort and had a question about room types.

We prefer the East Wing (the one with the Dark Blue walls.)

I believe the room sizes in this wing are all the same size (470 sq ft). So I guess the only differences are beds, view and full or partial balcony?

So, does anyone know if the Partial Ocean View and Ocean View Deluxe have full balconies?

Thanks
Old May 7, 2018, 6:22 pm

Grand Club access

I just booked a one bedroom suite for June. Is it possible to get grand club access using points on this room? I would have to purchase points...would this even make sense?
Old May 8, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by broncophil

We were there back in February. When we checked in, the front desk staff weren't sure about the resort fee being waived. Also, even though we paid in full w/ points, they said they were seeing it as points + cash. However, when we were checking out, they said since we booked with all points, the resort and service fees were all waived.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
My family is my wife, 10 & 8 year old. What would be the best way to book with points on this one?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:46 pm

I am visiting there in couple of days and I called to ask about buying access to Grand Club and I was told it would be $300/night

This is absolutely absurd for small breakfast and appz options in the evening. Anyone else has experience in getting it cheaper and process without points? I read some blogs that offered it at $40-100 but not $300.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.