Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:50 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello DaveH,

The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar will have a $43 tax-inclusive Resort Fee per night. The fee is waived for nights that are booked using Gold Passport points, but will not be discounted or waived for Diamond members.

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Grand Hyatt to open in the Bahamas

Full points bookings or does that include cash and points bookings as well?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DaveH
-whether the fee applies in the case of points-only bookings,
It never does... full points bookings are ALWAYS including of ALL fees and taxes.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello DaveH,

The Grand Hyatt Baha Mar will have a $43 tax-inclusive Resort Fee per night. The fee is waived for nights that are booked using Gold Passport points, but will not be discounted or waived for Diamond members.

Thanks!
Thank you for the speedy reply, much appreciated. A quick follow-up:

-Will cash + points be made available for this property? I've asked since January and reps have shown "sold out" each time, including yesterday.

-Has a property-specific list of Diamond amenties been generated yet?

Thanks again!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:55 am

Good Morning!

Yes, the hotel will have Points + Cash, it will be 10,000 points + $125. Please note this rate is based upon availability as it is up to the hotels discretion when inventory for this will be available.

We unfortunately do not have a specific list of Diamond Amenities for this location.

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:03 am

Was just contacted to say that the hotel would not be open for my june reservation. Am now trying to negotiate compensation as theyre trying to give me 40,000 points and a 3 night certificate for a future res at baha mar. My reservation was for 7 nights so as far as im concerned, the only acceptable compensation is either 140,000 points (20k per night - which is what has been offered until now to others) or 40,000 and a 5 night certificate. I really wish they werent screwing around as it just makes this process even more frustrating than it already is.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:48 am
wco

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
Was just contacted to say that the hotel would not be open for my june reservation. Am now trying to negotiate compensation as theyre trying to give me 40,000 points and a 3 night certificate for a future res at baha mar. My reservation was for 7 nights so as far as im concerned, the only acceptable compensation is either 140,000 points (20k per night - which is what has been offered until now to others) or 40,000 and a 5 night certificate. I really wish they werent screwing around as it just makes this process even more frustrating than it already is.
When was your reservation in June? I have a couple of nights booked on June 12th, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by wco
When was your reservation in June? I have a couple of nights booked on June 12th, but I haven't heard anything yet.
It was a week prior. Give them a call.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:55 pm

Hello Flyertalkers,

We truly appreciate your support as we anticipate the opening of the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. At this time, the hotel will be delaying their opening date until June 16, 2015. Guests with existing stays for arrival dates from June 1, 2015 through June 16, 2015 will be contacted by a dedicated team of representatives to discuss the options that are available.

If you have reservations prior to June 16, 2015 and would like immediate assistance, or have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-524-9288.

We appreciate your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
And there it is! Hyatt CSR just called me. Since I can't cancel my offer was 20% off Atlantis. I told it to take it back to her manager and I don't want to pay anything more than what I was going to be paying on cash and points at Atlantis and Hyatt is going to have to cover it. What a mess.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stinger101
And there it is! Hyatt CSR just called me. Since I can't cancel my offer was 20% off Atlantis. I told it to take it back to her manager and I don't want to pay anything more than what I was going to be paying on cash and points at Atlantis and Hyatt is going to have to cover it. What a mess.
I posted this earlier but will post again..... don't plan on staying at any hotel at or near its grand opening date. Its too much of a gamble if they hit the opening date and even if they do, inevitably the place will not be operating at 100% efficiency in operations leaving guests feeling upset and frustrated with the overall experience.

Check the Ziva/Zilara Rose Hall Jamaica thread if you want page after page of disappointment and missed expectations.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SWA A-List Preferred / Companion Pass
Just got the email for my June 3-5 stay. We were going to do 2 nights at Baha Mar after 2 nights at Atlantis for an end of school year quick trip. Since I was using Southwest points and Hyatt points, then I'm only getting 40,000 points to compensate me for Hyatt's incompetence; as there will be no airline change fees, and they will only reimburse with receipt. I let the rep know I would now cancel my 10 upcoming reservations, and stay at Starwood properties going forward to show my appreciation for ruining my family's vacation.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
It's only a matter of time before June 16 changes to Aug 1 and then I'm out $$$ with non refundable airline tickets. Hyatt should be covering in full an aternate hotel - it's the right thing to do.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:28 am
wco

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
It was a week prior. Give them a call.
Yep. Got the email from them this morning, and I received the same compensation offers that others have received - 1) rebook at a later date with 20K points per night as compensation and airline change fees reimbursed up to $300 per person; 2) stay at Atlantis on my own dime and 20K points per night as compensation; 3) cancel altogether with 20K points per night as compensation and airline cancellation fees and/or original ticket reimbursed up to $300 per person.

For June 12-14, there was no availability at Atlantis, so wasn't an option (clear fail right there). I ended up just cancelling altogether. I was told that I have to email them a copy of the 1) original airline receipt and 2) a cancellation receipt.

I wasn't too attached to going, but all of this definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Meh.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers,

We truly appreciate your support as we anticipate the opening of the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. At this time, the hotel will be delaying their opening date until June 16, 2015. Guests with existing stays for arrival dates from June 1, 2015 through June 16, 2015 will be contacted by a dedicated team of representatives to discuss the options that are available.

If you have reservations prior to June 16, 2015 and would like immediate assistance, or have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-524-9288.

We appreciate your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.
This is really becoming embarrassing to Hyatt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.