Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Evening Flyertalkers!

We expect to have all details finalized by tomorrow, Tuesday April 14, 2015. We will be sure to provide an update as soon as we have all of the information confirmed.
Thank you!
Anything yet? Most speculation online right now is not before June 1. It would be nice to have notice so those of us who have booked for May can start making alternative arrangements.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
still crossing the fingers for May opening but looking at the time it is taking to confirm I am guessing it may not be even June 1 ..hope I am wrong on this one
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ATL_Terp05
Anything yet? Most speculation online right now is not before June 1. It would be nice to have notice so those of us who have booked for May can start making alternative arrangements.
You should check out the Hyatt Zilara/Ziva Jamaica post on FT. I'm not sure you want to arrive at a brand new hotel at or near opening day. Most advice from the Zilara/Ziva Jamaica was it was rushed into opening and the hotel had issues for the first 2-3 months.

Not saying this hotel would be the same but something to think about. A large hotel needs time to work out the kinks. Broken elevators, unfinished landscaping, incomplete beach area, no hot water, fire alarms going off, etc....was what I read on this other property.

I would have never thought about this but now I would be hesitant to stay at a newly opened hotel....
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:16 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Thank you for your patience as we finish reviewing the status of arrivals prior to June 1, 2015 with the hotel. We will have all of the details finalized tomorrow morning, April 15, 2015, and will start contacting guests that may be affected by any changes at that time. Thank you again for your continued patience as we ensure that we obtain all necessary information regarding the hotel. If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 1-800-323-7249.

Thank you!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
They're no longer selling rooms until August 1 through a check on their website. I'm not holding out much hope that my late June reservation will stick.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:51 pm

Just saw this on Facebook. So disappointing as we were booked for Memorial weekend.

Hello Everyone, We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconveniences. Our reservations team is reaching out to our guests with reservations in May. Please send us a direct message if there is anything we can do to further assist.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:03 pm

What is being offered for May bookings? Date change? Alternate accommodations?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Anyone get a call? From what I can see on FB, they're not offering much by way of alternates.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:44 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers!

Thank you again for your patience as we reviewed the status of reservations for the Grand Hyatt at Baha Mar. The hotel will be delaying their opening date until June 1, 2015. Guests with existing stays for arrival dates from May 1, 2015 through May 31, 2015 will be contacted by a dedicated team of representatives to discuss the options that are available.

If you have reservations prior to June 1, 2015 and would like immediate assistance, or have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-888-524-9288.

We truly appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
What did hyatt offer you?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I have reservations for the first part of June. 5 rooms actually. Some with Diamond Suite Upgrades. It seems that the hotel has blocked off June and July now for new reservations. The less people that book the less people they have to move. I'm not going to hold my breath for my reservations being honored. But great if they are. If they are ready to open June 1st it will be interesting to see how the resort looks versus how it was projected when I booked it. Resort was supposed to open March 27th so I figured they would have they're kinks worked out after a few months. This will be fun.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Well I called yesterday and offered 3 options

1 rebook at later date get free upgrade and 40000 extra Hyatt points and reimbursed any airline changes

2 switch to Atlantis and they would book hotel and get a special discounted rate which I would have to pay and get 40000 Hyatt points for my trouble.

3 cancel trip and get 20000 points per night for my trouble and reimbursed airline cancellation fees.

While I was upset that we decided to cancel our trip since we don't get too many family vacations. I think Hyatt did a good job correcting the situation.

Option 1 wasn't a good option for us since we don't know when we can make it back to Nassau.
Option 2 didn't work for us since we used points to book our trip I wasn't going to change and pay cash.
I think the 3rd option works best since we have the points to use as we please.
What were your offers?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
This is where it gets tricky for me and why I'm really hoping they are open for June 1st. My reservations are cash and points. So I did 7500 + $100. (Back when it was a cat. 4). The only way I'm staying at Atlantis or comparable hotel is if their rate is $100 (Actually about $140 including resort fees and taxes) because that's what I would have been out of pocket at Hyatt. Not to mention I would want to be compensated for lost points I lose on incidentals. We also used two Diamond Suite Upgrades as well. What a S@#T show this is going to be.

Canceling isn't an option for us as we have 16 people going.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by shaker58

1 rebook at later date get free upgrade and 40000 extra Hyatt points and reimbursed any airline changes

2 switch to Atlantis and they would book hotel and get a special discounted rate which I would have to pay and get 40000 Hyatt points for my trouble.

3 cancel trip and get 20000 points per night for my trouble and reimbursed airline cancellation fees.

While I was upset that we decided to cancel our trip since we don't get too many family vacations. I think Hyatt did a good job correcting the situation.

Option 1 wasn't a good option for us since we don't know when we can make it back to Nassau.
Option 2 didn't work for us since we used points to book our trip I wasn't going to change and pay cash.
I think the 3rd option works best since we have the points to use as we please.
What were your offers?
Dang. I need to start booking rooms at the new Hyatts that are opening. If like most cancellation policies, you'll know well before needing to cancel whether the hotel will be opening or not. For a week stay, that's 140,000 points.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shaker58

I agree this is fairly reasonable compensation given the circumstances. What rates were they quoting you for the Atlantis compared to the rate you had booked?

Originally Posted by stinger101
This is where it gets tricky for me and why I'm really hoping they are open for June 1st. My reservations are cash and points. So I did 7500 + $100. (Back when it was a cat. 4). The only way I'm staying at Atlantis or comparable hotel is if their rate is $100 (Actually about $140 including resort fees and taxes) because that's what I would have been out of pocket at Hyatt. Not to mention I would want to be compensated for lost points I lose on incidentals. We also used two Diamond Suite Upgrades as well. What a S@#T show this is going to be.

Canceling isn't an option for us as we have 16 people going.
I'm in the same boat with a P+C booking with a suite upgrade for mid June. Even if they open in June, I suspect it will have to be a soft opening and I'm just hoping it's not full of issues early on. It's only two of us going for my reservation though so if things get delayed more, I could likely scramble together an alternative for the trip planned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.