Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

CHARLOTTE (CLT) - Best airport Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG

Going to be doing a quick one-night stopover in Charlotte and have an early morning flight. There are two Hyatt Place and a Summerfield Suites to choose from. Any suggestions? All have the same rate. Just wondering if one is more modern, better breakfast, better airport shuttle, etc.

Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Dirt, WN, enjoy managing hubby's AA Plat, CO Gold, and Hyatt Diamond accts
Breakfast is better at the Summerfield Suites for sure, but I don't have any idea about their airport transportation.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA
Once stayed at Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road, no place to have dinner nearby. Breakfast is standard.

Originally Posted by PhotoGeek
Going to be doing a quick one-night stopover in Charlotte and have an early morning flight. There are two Hyatt Place and a Summerfield Suites to choose from. Any suggestions? All have the same rate. Just wondering if one is more modern, better breakfast, better airport shuttle, etc.

Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 9:58 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Try the Hyatt South Park!

Try the Hyatt South Park ... it's maybe 15-20 minutes from the airport, but it offers amazing service. And, directly across from the hotel is a beautiful upscale mall with all sorts of dining options!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:33 pm
mgi

Originally Posted by vincentppetty
Try the Hyatt South Park ... it's maybe 15-20 minutes from the airport, but it offers amazing service. And, directly across from the hotel is a beautiful upscale mall with all sorts of dining options!
The Hyatt South Park is no longer a Hyatt - its a Renaissance property now...
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver

Thanks.
Summerfiled Suites is an excellent choice. They offer shuttle service and a hot breakfast...although if your flight is very early you may not be able to take advantage of the breakfast.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:07 pm

I have stayed at all 3 Hyatts and prefer the Hyatt Place Charlotte/City Park. It is the newest of the 3 and is almost equi-distance to the airport. They do have a Shuttle which you can take to the airport.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:13 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
The Summerfield Suites definitely has the nicest breakfast but beware that their airport shuttle does not begin until six or six-thirty I believe, so if you have an early morning flight, it may begin too late for you to catch it. Also know that the rooms are very hodge podge here with some more recently renovated than others (though none with very new renovations). The internet here is also very hit or miss being completely unusable at times.

I do not know about the shuttle at either the Tyvola Road Hyatt Place or the City Park location, but they are literally within a 2 minutes drive from one another. They are both your standard Hyatt Place converted from old Amerisuites properties.

Contrary to what a previous poster said, there ARE a couple of quick eats type places adjacent to the Hyatt Place Tyvola Road including a Salsarita's Fresh Cantina, a sub place (Quizno's or Jersey Mike's, I forget which), and one other restaurant, though I am not sure what time they close. You could also always go eat at the prison that is located behind the hotel . The City Park location has a sports bar across the parking lot from it, but nothing else, within real walking distance unless you want to walk to the aforementioned quick bite places.

And yes, the Hyatt Charlotte South Park has been rebranded as a Renaissance for a few years.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:30 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mgi
The Hyatt South Park is no longer a Hyatt - its a Renaissance property now...
Whoa! What a pity to hear, as I always loved that Hyatt! A great loss to CLT!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum

Thanks.
Have stayed in all. SS airport transpo is VERY hit or miss, so be cautious. We actually booked a park n fly rate here, only to find out at check-in that the shuttle didn't run at all on that day! This location also seems to get a lot of bus tours, which can crowd the breakfast a bit.

We prefer Tyvola Road. IMO, staff is better (friendlier) as is the hotel. As bulldoggolfer states, there are a couple restaurants within walking distance, and we have found the shuttle to be more prompt than City Park.

Of course, I could still be prejudiced against City Park due to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...uth-stream-clt.

Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
Thanks for the helpful input!

My flight doesn't depart until 9:55am on a Monday. I'd assume I'd be okay with shuttle service with any of these properties, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.