Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Million Lifetime Point

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

One Million Lifetime Point

I am very close of getting 1 Million Hyatt lifetime point. Should I expect Hyatt to send me something for my loyalty? Or having 1 Million point is pretty common to most of you???

With the Hyatt CC, I guess 1 Million point is not a big deal sooner or later.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: SWA CP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Amb.
One Million points is pretty common. One million BASE points(minus bonus) is not. That's called lifetime diamond.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:46 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by amgt123
One Million points is pretty common. One million BASE points(minus bonus) is not. That's called lifetime diamond.
Lifetime Diamond, I believe, also requires 10+ years as a Diamond member in addition to the 1 million base points.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Lifetime Diamond, I believe, also requires 10+ years as a Diamond member in addition to the 1 million base points.
I believe it's actually 10 years as a Gold Passport member, not necessarily at the Diamond level...
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Please refer to this thread

(and to save you some reading, it seems to be a million base points regardless of status - don't choose miles, they aren't counted))

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Oct 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
I crossed the Million Point threshold earlier this year, and confirm absolutely no acknowledgement (as it well should be - it's not that high of barrier to cross). With Diamond amenity bonus, Gx Bonuses, and various other point promotions over the years, I would be surprised if my base points are greater than a third of my total points.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by richee
I crossed the Million Point threshold earlier this year, and confirm absolutely no acknowledgement (as it well should be - it's not that high of barrier to cross). With Diamond amenity bonus, Gx Bonuses, and various other point promotions over the years, I would be surprised if my base points are greater than a third of my total points.
My base/total points ratio is even worse - only ~20% of my total points are actually base points. If this stays like this I'll have to earn (and spend ) 5 million points before I reach lifetime diamond. A long journey ahead .
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by todorovic
My base/total points ratio is even worse - only ~20% of my total points are actually base points. If this stays like this I'll have to earn (and spend ) 5 million points before I reach lifetime diamond. A long journey ahead .
More importantly (since I pay out of my own pocket), an expensive journey ahead

So million point status isn't really a goal for me. I am half-way there with UA and would probably need another five to eight years to make it to million mile flyer, but who knows what happens in the meantime (or afterwards).
Old Oct 15, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So million point status isn't really a goal for me. I am half-way there with UA and would probably need another five to eight years to make it to million mile flyer, but who knows what happens in the meantime (or afterwards).
In my United 1P and 2P days, I thought it would be so cool to be PremierExec for life. I've since crossed that threshold. But having been 1K for the past 7 years, now I think, what a disappointment it would be to drop down to 1P level when I'm no longer 1K. Only 1.8 Million miles more for 1K for life!

I think if I did actually hit lifetime status for both United 1K and Hyatt Diamond, I will have spent way too much time travelling in my life.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:18 pm

Lifetime Diamond with Hyatt does not really have any appeal to me. AFAIK it doesn`t really give you anything beyond regular Diamond membership, and Diamond status is already easy enough to re-qualify for every year.

Furthermore, if one is not staying enough to be Diamond anyway -which doesn`t take much with all of the promotions Hyatt continues to run- the Diamond benefits have limited value anyway.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by richee
I think if I did actually hit lifetime status for both United 1K and Hyatt Diamond, I will have spent way too much time travelling in my life.
You match exactly my plans! 1.5m at Hyatt but no idea what the lifetime number is but only about 300k away at United from 3MM and just dreading they'll change the rules before I get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.