Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Promo in Email: Free night award when you complete an eligible stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Just got this in email - I'm a Diamond member and haven't had a stay since July:

-----------

Dear m3m3m3,

It has been a few months since you last stayed at Hyatt™ and enjoyed the privileges of your Hyatt Gold Passport™ Diamond membership. Because we value our relationship, we invite you to receive a free night award when you complete an eligible stay at one of our distinctive Hyatt locations worldwide through December 03, 2010. Once you have completed a stay, your free night award will be good through November 30, 2010.

Diamond Membership: the Elite Experience
Your elite membership entitles you to privileges reserved only for this level. Review the services and benefits you can continue to enjoy as a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member, including:

• Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at time of reservation four times annually on paid room nights
• Enjoy the best room available including Regency Club™ or Grand Club™ rooms
• Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
• Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus on each stay

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. For reservations, please call our private Diamond Reservation and Account Information Line in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-400-2261, contact your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre or visit goldpassport.com.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Just got this in email - I'm a Diamond member and haven't had a stay since July:
I think there have been previous reports of such targeted promos. Did you have any future bookings?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
I got one too... very nice!! Diamond but haven't stayed in a Hyatt since April. As per my other thread, need 5 more stays to requalify as diamond for next year, but I hadn't booked my stays yet.

Will MR in a cheap Chicagoland Hyatt and then use my free night for the Park Hyatt downtown for our anniversary. Wish I could use the free night on our upcoming London/Brussels/Brugge trip, but London was booked a long time ago using Hilton points before the devaluation, and no Hyatts in Belgium.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
One question though - how can you complete a stay by Dec. 3 but only use your night until Nov. 30????
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:51 pm

Programs: hyatt diamond, hilton gold
Originally Posted by blase
One question though - how can you complete a stay by Dec. 3 but only use your night until Nov. 30????
I was wondering that also. I also recieved an e-mail offer today. I do already have an upcoming reservation. Oh well can't complain, free night!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:08 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
I wouldn't worry about it. I had a similar offer which also said I had to use up the free night by Nov 30 2010. When I actually completed the required stay, the free night was awarded with an expiration date of Jan 31, 2011 ^. So enjoy!

Originally Posted by blase
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by africansky
I wouldn't worry about it. I had a similar offer which also said I had to use up the free night by Nov 30 2010. When I actually completed the required stay, the free night was awarded with an expiration date of Jan 31, 2011 ^. So enjoy!
That's good, however, this may be a stupid question. Do I have to call and book a new reservation and mention this offer or can I just count that this will work with my existing upcoming reservation.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: US, CO, PC, SPG, Hyatt
you don't need to do anything in particular. it's all in the system.

Originally Posted by mel14
That's good, however, this may be a stupid question. Do I have to call and book a new reservation and mention this offer or can I just count that this will work with my existing upcoming reservation.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:33 pm

you don't need to do anything in particular. it's all in the system.
Thanks!!!!!!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:38 pm

+1
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:12 pm

They call it "trigger email", and yes, the promo night posts pretty quick and can be seen under promotional awards and under "Welcome Back Free Night Award " online (mine says expiring Jan 31, 2011 although the email mentioned Nov 30 too).
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Dang! I guess I shouldn't stay at Hyatt so often. . .
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GLD
Got the email last week. I haven't stayed since July either. Renewed my platinum status and have been concentrating on renewing Hilton plat since.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
My next husband better be a Hyatt diamond member!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Just got this offer the day after I checked into a Hyatt after a 3 month hiatus, lucky!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.