Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by khlay
" Free Club access on award stays" may be very valuable if "point+cash" count.
What exactly does that get you? Free appetizers and cocktails, maybe?
Just curious.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can tell you that free parking for globs doesn't including point+cash. I suspect it wouldn't be included.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Just curious.
Have been to St Louis once. If 8k points can get me a room + light breakfast + afternoon snack, I'll call it a good deal.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
Just curious.
Continental breakfast with 1 hot item, afternoon snacks, cocktails & hor's douvres with one hot item.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:56 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
For someone who is already Globalist, the only real benefit is 4 points per dollar instead of 3. That value of that benefit would net out somewhere between $80 and $180 per year. I stay cheap so the value for me would be toward the low end of the scale. I definitely would not spend $75 more in order to gain $80 in value. Frankly, I'd fear that if they "give" a new perk, they'll take an existing perk away.

Originally Posted by invalyd
I just received a survey from Chase Hyatt, asking about potential interest in the following changes to the Hyatt credit card.

- Globalist status after spending $30k and staying 30 nights
- 1 free suite upgrade to use annually
- 4 points per dollar on Hyatt hotels
- Spend 50k per year, get a 2nd free Category 1-4 night
- Free Club access on award stays

I think these are a net positive and I would probably re-consider my loyalty to Hyatt if they were to implemented (currently a Globalist with only 2 stays this year because of the WoH devaluation).

Also a re-designed card. Photos here:
http://imgur.com/a/WjSvG
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
IMO the 30k+30 nights for globalist is the biggest value proposition.
That is the one thing that might make me use the Hyatt card more often.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I would prefer gold over the proposed gray steel/ silver color, which is nice enough. The aqua WoH logo is cool in my book. I'll gladly say good-bye to the present flimsy brown Formica sample !
As I already have a Chase ex-Fairmont now-CSP Visa, which gives me the same 2x categories + flexibility on using the points, a $150 annual fee &or loss of the anniv. free night would be the end of the Hyatt Visa for me!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I was wondering if they would count for the anniversary cat 1-4 nights.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Have been to St Louis once. If 8k points can get me a room + light breakfast + afternoon snack, I'll call it a good deal.
Yeah, that seems pretty good.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I would consider switching 30 stays a year to Hyatt from SPG/Marriott/Hilton if they implemented Globalist for $30k + 30 stays. As is, my Chase Hyatt card is mostly sitting unused.

This assumes Hyatt points don't get devalued in some way to make spending $30k on it a bad idea.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Continental breakfast with 1 hot item, afternoon snacks, cocktails & hor's douvres with one hot item.
Ability to buy cocktails (or other adult bevs), right? (US lounges)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Good point, the survey offered several options with AFs ranging from $75 to $150 and in between.
IMO the 30k+30 nights for globalist is the biggest value proposition.
... and then they turn around and offer me (and every other card holder) Glob for 20 nights with no spend requirement
khlay likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
... and then they turn around and offer me (and every other card holder) Glob for 20 nights with no spend requirement
Yeah, if you can change your travel plans for the next 3 months on a whim.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ralphs
Yeah, if you can change your travel plans for the next 3 months on a whim.
The period is Sept 1 - Dec 30, so 20 nights in 4 months.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Ability to buy cocktails (or other adult bevs), right? (US lounges)
It depends upon the hotel. I haven't been charged for a cocktail in ages. Those hotels that do charge, it is a very reasonable price compared to what you would pay in the bar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.