Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Yea said same for me and I was approved a few days later. Like mentioned before the first sign will be the card being added to your online account if you have one setup with chase already.
Was this the offer with the $50 statement credit and 2 free nights? or the standard 2 free nights?
Old May 2, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Marriott Rewards
I applied Sunday night. Chase Hyatt card approved next day.

When you try to make a reservation through hyatt.com, you will see option for $50 statement credit.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:55 pm

I think that was me and it is true (I called to confirm and complain and did find it in the Ts and Cs) and I think it sux and is probably a big contributor to the card cancellations for some people. We had two cards in the family and cancelled one at renewal due to this and will probably do the same with the other. These annual renewal free night certificates are now fairly useless with anything other than Globalist status. I think Chase needs to come up with some way to improve card benefits or lower the annual fee. Or expect more cancellations.

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Someone commented on a blog that the 4 Explorist lounge passes don't apply to Chase free night stays. Can someone confirm this?
Old May 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gil123
I think that was me and it is true (I called to confirm and complain and did find it in the Ts and Cs) and I think it sux and is probably a big contributor to the card cancellations for some people. We had two cards in the family and cancelled one at renewal due to this and will probably do the same with the other. These annual renewal free night certificates are now fairly useless with anything other than Globalist status. I think Chase needs to come up with some way to improve card benefits or lower the annual fee. Or expect more cancellations.
I fail to see how free nights are useless regardless of your status. At the end of the day you are getting a room for free which saves you money to be able to feed your family for that day w/o having lounge access.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by gil123
I think that, of the 4 hotels at which I've used the CC free night, only 1 of them had a lounge, and that one (the SF HR) is now a cat 5. I thought I derived pretty good value from each free night when taking into account the rate I would have paid at the Hyatt or at comparable properties.
Having said that, I canceled my card this year, as WoH has been a huge turnoff for me and at this stage in my life, I'd rather stay at a better hotel, even if I have to pay for it.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by emofeng
Was this the offer with the $50 statement credit and 2 free nights? or the standard 2 free nights?
the one with the $50 credit. I apped via hyatt website.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:03 pm

The offer on the Hyatt website and in the wiki has an additional 5,000 points for adding an AU. Did the offer with the $50 credit have that? I did not see it.

I think I would do the 5,000 points over the $50.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:09 am

I'm way over 5/24 but applied Sun night for the Hyatt plus $50 credit and I got the 30 day notice. Today I got a notice from Credit Karma about an inquiry. I checked my Chase account and the Hyatt card was there.

Interestingly, using the fake reservation method, I couldn't get the $50 offer to show up on int'l reservations so I tried a US location and the offer showed up.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bluedog44
I'm way over 5/24 but applied Sun night for the Hyatt plus $50 credit and I got the 30 day notice. Today I got a notice from Credit Karma about an inquiry. I checked my Chase account and the Hyatt card was there.

Interestingly, using the fake reservation method, I couldn't get the $50 offer to show up on int'l reservations so I tried a US location and the offer showed up.
I don't believe this card is subject to the 5/24 rule.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:57 am

You are correct. I forgot to mention I tested the 5/24 one month ago for the Sapphire Preferred (was denied) so I was wondering if it was too soon to apply for any card but it appears not. Also, I read on some posts that if you apply on Sun night, since it's the weekend, you'll automatically get that 30 day reply. Not sure if that's the case.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I don't believe this card is subject to the 5/24 rule.
Wonder why that is... are Chase/Hyatt desperate to get card holders for it?
Old May 9, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Wonder why that is... are Chase/Hyatt desperate to get card holders for it?
Nice try lol but this is standard for most of their hotel cards - IHG, Fairmont, Marriott Biz, Ritz-Carlton.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Nice try lol but this is standard for most of their hotel cards - IHG, Fairmont, Marriott Biz, Ritz-Carlton.
So the same rationale could apply to those cards as well. I have the Hyatt, IHG and Marriott cards, and none of them is particularly compelling. I got them for the initial signup bonus and use them occasionally for stays at those chains (even that is fizzling out with CSR being a better choice). And I keep them for the free night worth more than the AF. But I rarely put any other spend on them.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Marriott Rewards
Anyone able to get BOTH the $50 statement credit and the 5000 points for adding AU?
Old May 9, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by bluedog44

Thanks for the data point. How over are you? I was denied for the Chase Business Preferred back in Nov and haven't applied to any Chase ever since. I think I am about 10/24 and is hoping to get this card in the near future.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.