Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
This version of the Hyatt card (with its 2 free nights offer) has been discontinued as of June 29, 2017.

There is a new version.

See this thread
:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

What are the benefits of the card?
  • 3 points/dollar spent at Hyatt
  • 2 points per dollar spent at restaurants, airfare, car rental
  • 1 point for all other charges
  • No foreign exchange fee
  • Annually, on renewal, one free night at up to a category 4 hotel and is valid for 12 months
When will I receive the sign up bonus?
Typically a day or two after the close of the billing cycle in which you reach spend threshold.
When do the signup points from this card offer expire?
If you have no activity on your Hyatt account for 24 months your points will expire.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
It's a Chase Card. Does that mean that if I have more than 5 new open lines of credit in 24 months, I will be automatically denied?
This card is not currently under the 5 cards in 24 months Chase application restriction.
It looks like the Hyatt website will let me use my anniversary category 1-4 cert for any property, including those above category 4. Is this for real?
No. Even if the system accepts your attempted reservation, the property will not honor the cert at check-in. Accept the fact that your cat 4 cert is just that.
Can I use my anniversary category 1-4 cert at a higher-category property with a cash co-pay? By paying the difference in points? By asking nicely?
No. No. No.
Can I use my annual free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused points or annual free-night certificate?
No. Unused points already in your Hyatt account as well as the annual free-night award remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.

Questions related to the (now expired) 2 Free Night card offer:

When do the signup bonus free-night awards for this card expire?
The awards expire one year from the date of deposit (typically the date on which the required spend is met, which may fall in the middle of a billing cycle). All stays must be completed by the expiration date.
When I view my free-night awards, why is the button to start the redemption/booking process missing?
You no longer need to go through the My Awards page to book a free-night cert. Simply start the booking process as if requesting an award stay using points.
When I try to book a multiple-night award stay, why does the Hyatt website show availability for points redemptions but not for Free Night Awards?
You will need to redeem the free-night certs one at a time in separate single-night reservations if you want to do it online. For example, if you want to book the Park Hyatt Sydney for December 14-16, you will book the night of the 14th to 15th as one stay, and then repeat the process for the night of the 15th to 16th. Otherwise, call Hyatt to make the booking.
If I can't use my free-night award by the expiration date, can I exchange it for points or get the expiration extended?
According to the FT Hyatt GP Concierge, as of January 22, 2016, there are 2 options for compensation for the initial (all-category) Free Night Awards:
  • Platinum guests: Hyatt offers 10,000 points per Award if the Member has had 5 eligible stays or 15 eligible nights in the previous 12 months. The 10,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
  • Diamond guests: Hyatt offers 20,000 points per Award if the Member has achieved Diamond status by achieving 25 stays or 50 nights or completing a trial tier offer within the last 12 months. The 20,000 points per award exchange can only be done after the award night has expired. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which required the award to be unexpired.) Members have up to 90 days beyond the expiration of the unused award night to exchange for points.
These policies will reportedly remain in effect after the March 1, 2017 transition from Hyatt Gold Passport to the new World of Hyatt program.

Anniversary Awards valid in Category 1-4 hotels are not eligible for extension. (This is the opposite of the old rule, which allowed a one-time 30-day extension.)
Can I use the sign-up free night cert for a suite or Club-level room, possibly with a cash or point copay?
Officially, no. But there's no harm in contacting an individual property directly to see what they're willing to do.
If I close my card account, do I lose any unused free-night certificates?
No. Unused free-night awards remain available in your Hyatt account regardless of the status of your Chase card.
Print Wikipost

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase (WIKI)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Beltway - Is it possible to product change the Hyatt card to a no annual fee card from Chase like Slate or is this not possible since the Hyatt is co-branded? I want the two free nights for a second Hyatt card but the original is my oldest Chase card so I'm hesitant to just close it.
Sorry, can't advise. I never do product changes, just keep or cancel.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Beltway - Is it possible to product change the Hyatt card to a no annual fee card from Chase like Slate or is this not possible since the Hyatt is co-branded? I want the two free nights for a second Hyatt card but the original is my oldest Chase card so I'm hesitant to just close it.
I successfully converted the IHG card to a no fee Freedom card and later got another IHG signup bonus while the original account was still open. As long as you have held the card for a year prior to the conversion request you should be good to go.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Nobody should be unfamiliar, as this is described in the wiki.

To answer your question: yes, you can get the $50 + 2 free nights after doing so >24 months earlier. I did it earlier this year.
Thanks for the data point. It seems to me with all the major hotel program devaluations going on the Hyatt offer is the best out there since free nights anywhere cannot be devalued. Wife and I did 4 nights in Park Hyatt Vendome with our first churn. May go for the Zilara Cancun this time.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:49 am

Link to chase Hyatt card application

Am unable to find a link that works to apply for chase Hyatt card, can someone please provide me link. Thanks
Old May 8, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I successfully converted the IHG card to a no fee Freedom card and later got another IHG signup bonus while the original account was still open. As long as you have held the card for a year prior to the conversion request you should be good to go.
Not necessarily, I called many times on my UA card and was told on more than a few occasions that this (UA Explorer) card could not be converted, even to an UR card due to "contractual" agreements. YMMV though.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by indifly
Am unable to find a link that works to apply for chase Hyatt card, can someone please provide me link. Thanks
https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/chase/ICOffer.jsp

But it's not valid unless you apply via the link from the last step of a Hyatt.com reservation.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robl
Thanks for the data point. It seems to me with all the major hotel program devaluations going on the Hyatt offer is the best out there since free nights anywhere cannot be devalued.
Only 1 year to use the certs though. Infinite time to use points.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by indifly
Make a reservation. You'll get a link during that process. (You don't have to complete the reservation.)
Old May 11, 2015, 2:37 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Have they reduced award availability for the anniversary night? I've used it before at Hyatt Lost Pines resort and Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio, but now I don't see any nights available, even through November.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Have they reduced award availability for the anniversary night? I've used it before at Hyatt Lost Pines resort and Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio, but now I don't see any nights available, even through November.
My experience has been the opposite at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Ft Lauderdale. Anniversary night let me book a higher room type that is not bookable on points.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy
I would try calling in to see if the CSR can help with availability. I have found that calling in works better sometimes over online. Good luck.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:53 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by msfrugalista
I would try calling in to see if the CSR can help with availability. I have found that calling in works better sometimes over online. Good luck.
Ah. I think I figured it out. Both those hotels are Cat 5... Anni night is only good for Cat 1-4 apparently I must have used my original free nights at those places.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:24 pm

I'd like to put a plug in on this thread for another thread where I posit that this is the ugliest card, physically:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...dit-cards.html

I'm getting a lot of competition from the AT&T card. If you wanna come over and support my contention . . .
Old May 14, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
I'd like to put a plug in on this thread for another thread where I posit that this is the ugliest card, physically:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...dit-cards.html

I'm getting a lot of competition from the AT&T card. If you wanna come over and support my contention . . .
Sorry but I've gotta say the Hyatt doesn't stand a chance compared to the other cards in that thread.
Old May 18, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Does anyone know if the free night from this card will count as a stay credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.