Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Web Check-In - Is there a point?

Old Aug 27, 10, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

I've been noticing countless offers to use Hyatt Web Check-In. Is there any point in doing it, or can I still check-in at the hotel? If I do use web check-in, will I only have to visit a kiosk at the hotel?
Old Aug 27, 10, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
.. If I do use web check-in, will I only have to visit a kiosk at the hotel?
yes
Old Aug 27, 10, 11:27 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
If I do use web check-in, will I only have to visit a kiosk at the hotel?
Even without web checkin, you can just visit the kiosk to get the key. Web in is really useless till it can provide access to the room
Old Aug 28, 10, 1:07 am

still need to visit the desk to get breakfast vouchers and select diamond amenity, no?
Old Aug 28, 10, 7:38 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jimmychang View Post
Even without web checkin, you can just visit the kiosk to get the key. Web in is really useless till it can provide access to the room
Only time it "might" help is in an oversold situation where you've checked-in and aren't walked - not that Elite members are supposed to be walked anyways but mistakes do happen.

Originally Posted by bradcc View Post
still need to visit the desk to get breakfast vouchers and select diamond amenity, no?
Breakfast vouchers are gradually going away with the "Opera" software - you just sign the breakfast to the room and its taken off. But yes, you are correct in that kiosks aren't usually able to handle breakfast vouchers & amenity choice which is why I don't use them at Full Service Hyatts.
Old Aug 28, 10, 10:24 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
FD Clerk told me once I will get a better room in case the hotel is sold out and there are lot of elites. I have only used web check-in once and they gave me an accessible room, which I didnt want.
Old Aug 28, 10, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny View Post
Only time it "might" help is in an oversold situation where you've checked-in and aren't walked - not that Elite members are supposed to be walked anyways but mistakes do happen.
Agree.

Also, for late check-ins, eg at airports or such like, it is useful to pre-check in so that the property won't think you are a no-show and give away your room, esp if property is full. The worst thing that can happen is when there is no room at check-in after a long journey, or if the front desk has to rescue the reservation and spend time doing so, even worse if the night shift is not experienced.

I can also imagine that it is useful if one wishes to have a room relatively early (Diamonds can do web check in earlier) and make sure it is ready when one arrives instead of being told "we are sorry, your room is not ready yet".

Pre-check in is probably less important for luxury destinations and high end properties but more useful for tide over nights and situations.
Old Aug 29, 10, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
I've used to put in multiple promotion codes that they wouldn't accept upon booking (i.e Andaz5) and then just showed them that at the desk. Other than that...mostly pointless.
Old Sep 2, 10, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I like the web check in because I often want to arrive early. In a lot of cases, I have received the notification that my room was ready early in the AM after using the web check in feature....

I also like the web check out function, as you can put a time in when you will be out of the room.
Old May 12, 11, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Got the standard invitation this morning for tonight's stay with the caveat that "* Certain qualified rates such as, but not limited to, government, AAA and Senior Citizen require identification to be presented at the Front Desk." So, if I'm staying on AAA rate (or any other corporate rate?), the web check in is virtually useless, correct? Anyone been able to use the kiosks when booking with AAA or other similar rate?
Old Jun 10, 11, 4:47 am
HCA

I have web check-in with AAA rate many times.
Old Jun 10, 11, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by HCA View Post
I have web check-in with AAA rate many times.
Good to know. ^
Old Jun 11, 11, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Also works with the corporate code that I use.
Old Nov 8, 11, 1:16 pm

I have never used the web-check in feature. I have a couple of questions

1. Is Chicago O’Hare Hyatt allows web check in?
2. Can you make choices like non-smoking room, upper level floor, king size bed etc if you do a web check in?
Old Nov 8, 11, 2:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

1. I believe so - you can test it out by making a reservation in the future that's not pre-paid, look in your future reservations, if the check-in icon appears, then you will be able to check-in on the day of your stay.

2. No, you can only check-in - no choices at all (but the non-smoking , bed size should be as reserved).

Search this Thread