Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
how do you calculate out 40000points?
If you stay at a property which offers a G2 bonus you get 2,000 pts, if the RC club is closed that would be an additional 2,500 pts. Add in the 2,000 pts for this promo, plus your spend and Plat/Diamond bonus (pts amenity). You could conceivably hit 40,000 for 5 nights (single night stays).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
how do you calculate out 40000points?
2,000 (program promo per night)
2,000 (G2 bonus)
2,500 (closed RC)
1,000 (1W Diamond amenity)
Base points for stay
7,500+base stay/bonus points

Repeat 5 times.

Note: Hotel must be running G2 bonus and have a closed RC to do this. Must be Diamond status.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:13 pm

Not happy at all with this 10k promo. Guess I'm going to switch my 10 upcoming nights to SPG unless we hear word on a great promo in conjunction with the upcoming Hyatt Chase card.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
2,000 (G2 bonus)
2,500 (closed RC)
Base points for stay

Repeat 5 times.

Note: Hotel must be running G2 bonus and have a closed RC to do this. Must be Diamond status.
If I am just platinum, then I can still get the G2 bonus, but without the closed RC bonus, right?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I am just platinum, can i still get the G2 and closed RC bonus?
You would only be able to get the G2 as a Platinum.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
I have been getting the 3000 AA miles. Can anyone confirm that you can earm both bonuses?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:19 pm

You would only be able to get the G2 as a Platinum.
I see, but G2 and closed RC bonus are per stay,...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see, but G2 and closed RC bonus are per stay,...
Correct, you would need to do 5 separate stays as a Diamond to get the points.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:23 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinghome
I have been getting the 3000 AA miles. Can anyone confirm that you can earm both bonuses?
The 10,000 bonus will be based on stay credit which is also required to receive the 3,000 bonus for AAdvantage. Both bonuses will be able to be earned until the expiration of the 30KAA promo.

Best Regards,

Nick H.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by hedoman
Please try to remember how great this program has been this year before the writing the dumb ... comments.
Had I been able to do the travel I have committed for the 4th Q during the last FFN promotion I'd have earned at least 6 FFNs instead of the one I did. These bonuses -- as I noted on the speculation thread -- will give me just one night extra over what the stays would have normally earned. Guess the good days are now officially over!

(Maybe in a reverse to the decision to let expiring FFNs be converted to 5K, we could convert these 10K bonuses into 2 FFNs to be used before the end of January?)
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
2,000 (G2 bonus)
2,500 (closed RC)
Base points for stay

Repeat 5 times.

And you'd need to be actually visiting this city...better odds winning a lottery! As noted, not all properties have G bonuses, closed Clubs, or outside NAmerica even offer the Diamond amenity offset (and where we pay probably 2-3x what the average night costs in the USA).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
[QUOTE=(Maybe in a reverse to the decision to let expiring FFNs be converted to 5K, we could convert these 10K bonuses into 2 FFNs to be used before the end of January?)[/QUOTE]

^^^ I like your thinking. There's room for you as VP, right behind the poster that wants to release a FFN promo stackable with this 10K promotion.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 335i
Not happy at all with this 10k promo. Guess I'm going to switch my 10 upcoming nights to SPG unless we hear word on a great promo in conjunction with the upcoming Hyatt Chase card.
Remember those of us who can't get a Hyatt cc because we don't live in the USA, and where we do live there are no cheap HPs or weekend Hyatts where inexpensive mattress run nights can run up our totals. If Hyatt did as you suggest, it might as well say it's kissing off its non-American elites who pay on average 2-3x a night what the average US member pays.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Somewhat disappointing - but Bonus Points are still...a Bonus.

Disappointing because it is such a drop from previous promotions - and the summer FFN promo didn't work for me, nor did the mileage promo.

And it isn't about "staying loyal" to Hyatt either - I stay in them when I can..but their lack of locations is a drawback for those of us not traveling in major cities. To make Diamond, I really have to go out of my way....it is worth doing; but is not always easy to do. And am I the only one who thinks rates are climbing???

I took a risk and waited to do most of my Hyatt nights in 4Q - so I probably won't even make Diamond again. My bad; not theirs.

Last edited by sophiegirl; Aug 24, 2010 at 5:26 pm
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nnn
Maybe promos like BWB were getting too expensive for Hyatt. I would guess people doing things like translating two $60 Hyatt Place nights into a Venodome night takes its toll on the bottom line. And with the other chains' weak promos, if business is improving for Hyatt, maybe it decided to try a weaker promo.
Agree this was happening, but many of us outside the USA were still paying $300+ a night. Guess those people spoiled it for the rest of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.