Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:39 am

If you are earning points for your stay, can you still earn Gx bonuses with the 10K / 5night promotion?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bmw303
If you are earning points for your stay, can you still earn Gx bonuses with the 10K / 5night promotion?
Yes.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:38 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zxsuxr
Matress runs pay serious dividends

90 nights=180,000 points

or
45 nights= 22 FFN=484,000 points Maximum possible value

Which one would you rather have?
180,000 points, and it's not even close. I believe anyone wiht that kind of stay pattern would probalby think the same, when are they going to have time to use all those FFN's if they're paying to stay that much.

I've done plenty of hotel hopping in my time, but it definitely gets old, it is nice to have some promotions that don't encourage hotel hopping to get maximum benefit.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Plenty of opinions here - I'll add my 2c. I like this promo - generally do 3 night stays (some 2 some 4), and should have full schedule during the promo period. So my guess is a total of 60-70k, not bad at all given that they do not expire unlike FFN.
Also, I love the fact that you can credit miles and still get these - given the current UA promos, that means that over the course of 3-4 weeks, I should net 20k points and another 12-15k UA miles. Three times that over the promo period.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:25 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Darrenhe,

The night of the 15th is absolutely eligible to earn during the promotion. It will, in fact, be the last eligible night. If anyone has any more clarification questions let us know.

Nick H.

Originally Posted by darrenhe
Did anyone ask if the night of December 15 (checking out December 16) will count for the promo? I browsed quickly through the 10 pages of posts and didn't see anything.

This promo is not as nice as a FFN, so I am disappointed that I cannot finance my entire two-week Asia vacation with free nights. But that is an unrealistic expectation after all. I'm still quite happy with the 17 free nights I got in the spring from swapping between the PH DC/Hyatt Arlington.

I've tentatively planned out my travel until December 15, and I'll be able to get in:

- 13 nights to get my SPG 50 nights, including 10 during the SPG promo to hit the triple points.

- 20 nights at Hyatt for this promo, to hit the pointless goal of 100 nights :P

^ Hyatt, hope that CC is good.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Darrenhe,

The night of the 15th is absolutely eligible to earn during the promotion. It will, in fact, be the last eligible night. If anyone has any more clarification questions let us know.

Nick H.
That's interesting because during the late 2009 early 2010 promotion I had a stay on the last night of the promo and I got neither the double stay credit nor the second stay that would have gotten me another FFN. It had always been Hyatt's policy to base eligible dates on the check-out not the check-in date. If your interpretation here is in fact the case, then I am requesting retroactive credit for one more stay credit this year and an FFN (or your new 5K equivalent).

-----

Interesting update: Though my stay started on January 31st at this property, the final day of that major promotion, and check out was on the 1st of February, my account shows both check-in and check-out on February 1st.

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 27, 2010 at 11:38 am
Old Aug 26, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Well, it would appear that Hyatt is running FFN, according to the info I see here.

I'm staying at the Hyatt Greenwich, and the card in my room shows that you can earn FFNs from September 1st to December 30th.........2008.

This hotel is such a train wreck.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pizzaman
Well, it would appear that Hyatt is running FFN, according to the info I see here.

I'm staying at the Hyatt Greenwich, and the card in my room shows that you can earn FFNs from September 1st to December 30th.........2008.

I am really starting to doubtful that we will see another FFN this Fall but maybe this hotel is so out of it they put it out by accident and they wernt suppose to yet. Even if it was the wrong year maybe its a sign.........a boy can dream and im still praying and dreaming

I hate that Hyatt but love the location. I have found NYC area hotels to be service with a very NY attitude and its more of an honor that they decided to help you

NYC has sub par service most places but add a hefty price tag.....welcome to the greatest city in the world

Last edited by SkiUtah; Aug 26, 2010 at 5:43 pm
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Darrenhe,

Nick H.
On a related note, how will multiple night stays starting prior to the validity period (say 9/14) but going into the validity period (say 9/17) be treated?

Last edited by jfhscott; Aug 26, 2010 at 6:00 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:50 pm

Hyatt has had some very lucrative GP promotions over the past year or so, and definitely kicked it up a notch in competition with SPG. But it's disingenuous to believe that Hyatt isn't self-interested in being this "generous" (as some have put it) with its promotions. A main goal of this activity has been to attract customers like me away from SPG (since, let's face it, Hilton shot itself in the foot), who make many hotel stays at a lot of non-US properties for both business and leisure. (Total annual spend ~Ł15K.) It's also been to grow the business around/after Hyatt's IPO (which was about a year ago iirc). Now that's been accomplished, it's going to be game of tug of war with SPG to retain a lot of clients who have enough stays to qualify for status with both. But at the same time, it's more expensive to run these promotions when the business has expanded. It remains to be seen whether Hyatt will make another push to hold onto these clients or if it's going to decelerate just like SPG did with its 4Q promotion.

In my case, I've given Hyatt a dozen paid stays since the end of the BWB earning period as a sort of thank you to the chain following the recent series of extremely lucrative promos (and absence of anything decent from SPG); however, this one is indeed quite disappointing (poor expectations management from the chain?) and I don't believe that I'll be naturally inclined to privilege Hyatt hotels in the future the way I have been so far. I already have Platinum status with SPG (wasn't even planning on requalifying but will now) and got Diamond through 02/2012 via the fast track programme (37 stays since enrolment in May).

As I said in another post, the standard of Hyatt hotels in comparison with SPG ones is on average slightly lower in my opinion (PH vs St Regis, Andaz vs W, GH/HR vs Westin/Sheraton, etc) but the quality of the customer service is, in my opinion, far superior. At the end of the day, I would much rather just stick with Hyatt than with SPG. (I also find the exclusion of some properties from SPG's promotions to be a slap in the face.)

Anyway this may have been posted here but: http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/20...t-back-to.html

Probably explains a lot.

Last edited by londonienne; Aug 26, 2010 at 10:00 pm
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by londonienne
As I said in another post, the standard of Hyatt hotels in comparison with SPG ones is on average slightly lower in my opinion (PH vs St Regis, Andaz vs W, GH/HR vs Westin/Sheraton, etc) but the quality of the customer service is, in my opinion, far superior.
that is interesting, as i definitely tip the scales in favor of Hyatt in my comparisons. I prefer Park Hyatt to St. Regis. I am tired of having to inquire about suite upgrades as a plat when staying at StR and getting the runaround. I MUCH prefer Andaz to the Whenever, Whatever, Wherever- crap at W Hotels. GH/HR v. Westin/Sheraton is pretty much a wash in my book.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Pizzaman

At the Hyatt Arlington last weekend I found two such cards on the desk, one was the same one you found, the other one was for the Big Welcome Back!
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Dear GP Concierge,

i dont really want to discuss the latest promo anymore and also not the need of a another FFN, which i dont really see!

but what some of us ( e.g. europeans ( sorry for coming up with the "aera-story " again)) really would need would be double stay, double night or 15 N/ 45 days promo FOR DIAMONDS ( ONLY ?) to renew status.

I wanted to use fast track promo later ( now!) this year, since it ended abruptely ,i had no chance to take part.

Is there a chance ?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
that is interesting, as i definitely tip the scales in favor of Hyatt in my comparisons. I prefer Park Hyatt to St. Regis. I am tired of having to inquire about suite upgrades as a plat when staying at StR and getting the runaround. I MUCH prefer Andaz to the Whenever, Whatever, Wherever- crap at W Hotels. GH/HR v. Westin/Sheraton is pretty much a wash in my book.
Hmm that PH vs St Regis distinction that you're drawing would be exactly what I'm referring to as "customer service" -- Hyatt takes a lot of the hassle out of the stay. However, in terms of the location and overall standard of the properties, I'd tip the scales in favour of SPG almost every time.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by londonienne
Hmm that PH vs St Regis distinction that you're drawing would be exactly what I'm referring to as "customer service" -- Hyatt takes a lot of the hassle out of the stay. However, in terms of the location and overall standard of the properties, I'd tip the scales in favour of SPG almost every time.
I couldnt agree more. Hyatt has been terrific in terms of customer service (every FD employee seems to acknowledge Diamond status and has treated it as special, whereas I have merely received a grunt of acknowledgment while checking in to some SPG properties). And the GP loyalty program itself has been great (it is easy to get used to the free breakfast very quickly!).

That being said, I am usually more excited about my stay at Starwood properties largely because of the standard of the hotels themselves - I especially dislike the "convention style" HR hotels - simply find them too impersonal. Although my scale usually tips to Starwood overall because of this (and I have had no major quibbles with SPG and have received terrific suite upgrades every time it mattered), I will probably end up getting Diamond status with Hyatt as well...excited to see what they have in store for the coming year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.