Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family of five room options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Smile Family of five room options

We've got that awkward number of five in our family. Seems most all hotel rooms are for maximum of four. Anyone know of "family of five" friendly Hyatt Resort properties?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Personally I don't know of any rooms in resorts that can take 5 people (other than suites and even then they are usually for up to 4 people). If the property doesn't have to be a resort then you can go with Summerfield Suites and their 2-bedroom units.

Depending on the age of children I would consider reserving 2 rooms, regardless of the availability of rooms that can accommodate 5 people. I know that this is an additional financial burden but everyone would feel more comfortable. You can request connecting rooms and if you have minor children most of the properties will go the extra mile to assure you get them.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Try the Grand Cypress in Orlando. They have family rooms that should be able to accommodate 5.

As well, if you're interested in going to Disney World, all the deluxe hotels can accommodate 5 people. But they're not Hyatt
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by todorovic
Depending on the age of children I would consider reserving 2 rooms, regardless of the availability of rooms that can accommodate 5 people. I know that this is an additional financial burden but everyone would feel more comfortable. You can request connecting rooms and if you have minor children most of the properties will go the extra mile to assure you get them.
Not as much of a financial burden since Hyatt is currently running a "family" promo; 2nd room at 50% off; breakfast for all registered guests and some other kid friendly benefits.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Well coming froma family of 6, PM me for tips on getting past the 4 person minimum.

In all honesty, my family was so cheap when we were all under 12, so vacation was hell. My best advice is to either use a corporate rate or the second room discount. A HP with 2 queens and a sofa can sleep 5.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Family of 5

Huntington Beach normally upgrades Diamonsa to a suite with a King bed and sofa sleeper in lounge area and you can have a roll away , we just did it and was fine for 5, 1 adukt and 4 large teens!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Not as much of a financial burden since Hyatt is currently running a "family" promo; 2nd room at 50% off; breakfast for all registered guests and some other kid friendly benefits.
Actually, you do not save much at many properties, because using the promo code inflates the room rate for the first room and consequently the second room as well, so 50% off the 2nd room was actually more expensive at two properties in the greater NYC area this week in comparison to two rooms using different promos codes...

Did not even come close to the Costco Promo rate with the $ 25 room/night credit, but ymmv.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:44 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Hyatt has had a 50% discount on a 2nd room for kids for as long as I can recall. This current promo sounds like a variation of this practice, adding breakfasts and other benefits.

I'm not sure how it works this summer, but we traveled for a couple of weeks with our kids last summer. We were always able to book one room at the best rate we could find, AAA or ?, and get the 2nd at 50% of the rack rate. We did have to add the 2nd room via phone call, but it was not a problem.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:45 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Morning,

The "Family Vacation" package that most are referring to is the only promotion in which we advertise our "Family Plan". If there is a member of the party 18 or younger we offer a room at a discounted price (it is usually > or = to 50% off the Hyatt Daily rate for the specific room). If the children are under the age of 12 many of the properties will guarantee a connecting room after reservation confirmation. This is going to be the best option for families who do not want to book a suite as usually it can be more than reserving two rooms, or for families that require the two rooms that they would book to be connecting. The rooms are based on availability, as is the case with any discount.

Family Plan is not valid with Convention rates, Wholesale rates, Vacation Club rates, or Suites. It is, however, valid with any other discounts, award nights, Travel Agent and Airline discounts. For example, we would allow the first room to be booked at an AAA Breakfast rate, while the second room could be the family plan. This is not offered online so you would have to call to check for availability. If you have any clarification questions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Nick H.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:32 am

Hyatt Miami at the Blue is all suites and should accomodate 5 people at a good rate.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Family plan rate

Originally Posted by FD1971
Actually, you do not save much at many properties, because using the promo code inflates the room rate for the first room and consequently the second room as well, so 50% off the 2nd room was actually more expensive at two properties in the greater NYC area this week in comparison to two rooms using different promos codes...

Did not even come close to the Costco Promo rate with the $ 25 room/night credit, but ymmv.

there is a different rate which hyatt have called "family plan" (used only if there are children staying in the room), so you can use your costco rate and then on the 2nd room use the family plan which is usually between 50%-20% cheaper than Costco rate.

Last edited by LamboRich; Aug 6, 2010 at 9:00 am Reason: post is submitted after Hyatt GP Rep as I left my computer and forgot to press submit :)
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by LamboRich
there is a different rate which hyatt have called "family plan" (used only if there are children staying in the room), so you can use your costco rate and then on the 2nd room use the family plan which is usually between 50%-20% cheaper than Costco rate.
I was referring to the promo which can be found online and that also gives you a 2nd room for 50 % off. I normally do not need two rooms, but the rates offered under the promotions for two properties I checked were actually more expensive in comparison to the Costco promo rate. The 2nd room at 50 % off for kids, which is also combinable with other promo rates sound like a far better deal. ^
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Hyatt Place for our family of 5

We have had no problem staying at Hyatt Places with our family 5. Just book a 2 queen/double bed room. Wife & I get one bed, our two girls the other bed, and our teenager uses the couch.

On a case by case basis, we have had success at regular hyatt properties.. but we call the property directly and see if they are willing to accommodate us with a rollaway in a 2Q room. I'd say we've had a 75% success rate with that approach. When the manager realizes that he can either accommodate us or lose a night....
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I think the Hyatt Regency Orange County is great for families and is near Disneyland - they have rooms with bunk beds for the kids, and 2-bedroom suites with a king room and room with two queen beds. I just booked for a trip this fall - the rooms will definitely fit 5 people.

Big sale happening now too: http://orangecounty.hyatt.com/hyatt/...&corp_id=89936
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge

Family Plan is not valid with Convention rates, Wholesale rates, Vacation Club rates, or Suites. It is, however, valid with any other discounts, award nights, Travel Agent and Airline discounts. For example, we would allow the first room to be booked at an AAA Breakfast rate, while the second room could be the family plan. This is not offered online so you would have to call to check for availability. If you have any clarification questions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Nick H.
Nick,

can you please clarify how family plan works with an award reservation? Does it mean that I can book a second room for 50% point requirement?
Or is that the first room can be booked on any eligible rate (AAA, points etc) but the second has to be paid at 50% off daily rate?

Also can one have a nanny with kids in the second room or the rule is "kids only" (not really feasible if you have infants...)?

Last edited by azepine00; Sep 22, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.