Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ldsant
Have you driven in Seattle lately? Take a bus, take the train, take the trolley. Do everything BUT drive. (Yes, I live in Seattle and have not driven in over 2 years).
It's probably been 2 years, but yes, I have driven in Seattle. I remember it being typical of driving in a big USA city.

That said, it also seems like more and more Seattle residents do not drive. Maybe that's better for visitors like me?
Old May 29, 2014, 9:25 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by iahphx
It's probably been 2 years, but yes, I have driven in Seattle. I remember it being typical of driving in a big USA city.

That said, it also seems like more and more Seattle residents do not drive. Maybe that's better for visitors like me?
Or maybe Seattle residents just don't like being aggravated I don't get why people ask for advice on this forum and then dismiss everything that is offered to do what they wanted to do in the first place. Totally befuddles me. Also there are Zip and Car2Go rentals so that you can reduce costs and not worry about parking as much. Plus there is sidecar, uber, and Lyft.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ldsant
Or maybe Seattle residents just don't like being aggravated I don't get why people ask for advice on this forum and then dismiss everything that is offered to do what they wanted to do in the first place. Totally befuddles me. Also there are Zip and Car2Go rentals so that you can reduce costs and not worry about parking as much. Plus there is sidecar, uber, and Lyft.
I'm certainly not "dismissing" advice -- I'd rather take public transport to the hotel from the airport. It just doesn't sound like it would be particularly easy. Easy is good -- especially in the late evening.
Old May 29, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm certainly not "dismissing" advice -- I'd rather take public transport to the hotel from the airport. It just doesn't sound like it would be particularly easy. Easy is good -- especially in the late evening.
If you are staying downtown Seattle then take the train from SEATAC airport, its super easy and inexpensive. You can call the Hyatt Place downtown when you arrive downtown on the airport train and the Hyatt will send a car for you to pick you up, its about a 5 minute wait. Worked really well for me. Or you could stay at the other Hyatt downtown hotels and they are walking distance.......take the airport train!
Old May 29, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
If you are staying downtown Seattle then take the train from SEATAC airport, its super easy and inexpensive. You can call the Hyatt Place downtown when you arrive downtown on the airport train and the Hyatt will send a car for you to pick you up, its about a 5 minute wait. Worked really well for me. Or you could stay at the other Hyatt downtown hotels and they are walking distance.......take the airport train!
Thanks. It does seem that if the Hyatt Place would pick me up (promptly) from the downtown train station, the train would be a reasonable option. The transit website seems to indicate the fare is only $2.75, which would be a good deal (most cities love to jack up their "regular" transit fares for airport travel).

The question then becomes whether it pays to get a car to get to my non-downtown appointment. I'll have to look into that. At $35/day all in, the car is pretty cheap -- if I can find a place to park it by the hotel for less than $20.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:27 am

I'll second the very easy public tranport info. I stayed here last fall. We took the light rail from the airport. It is a bit of a hike from the terminal to the the rail station. The $2.75 fare is correct. HP shuttle picked us up at Westlake within a few minutes of calling for them.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

There were some cheap lots around the hotel until March. If you need to drive, you can probably kluge together parking for less than 20 bucks a day during the week. If you are there on a weekend it might be cheaper. AMZN uses this hotel like a flophouse during the week, so avail. Is tight.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:01 pm

Just had a stay last week for one night. Staff was great, shuttle was convenient (but the driver didn't really know where to go). Loved the rain shower.

However, some of the issues mentioned before are still problematic. Thermostat had a long set of instructions that we followed multiple times, but the settings didn't stick.

Those upgraded to the Space Needle side probably didn't have noise issues. Our room overlooked the Shell gas station and garish pink elephant car wash (I was on a points stay and no longer have status). I didn't hear street noise overnight (earplugs provided on the nightstand), but from 7 am to 9 am, I heard radio music or something, which I thought may have come from those businesses.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:25 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:40 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lalala
There were some cheap lots around the hotel until March. If you need to drive, you can probably kluge together parking for less than 20 bucks a day during the week. If you are there on a weekend it might be cheaper. AMZN uses this hotel like a flophouse during the week, so avail. Is tight.
I forgot to update my experience. We did rent a car. Parking was affordable in the lot in front of the hotel. Driving was surprisingly easy (for a major urban city). It was a good idea because we needed to go outside the downtown area: I wouldn't rent a car if I were just going downtown. We did use the free shuttle bus to pick us up after we walked to the Pike Place Market area. Nice hotel. Not sure it's a great value (we used a credit card free night cert), but a nice hotel.

BTW, the free breakfast wasn't fantastic. Different, but not fantastic.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Planning on staying here this summer using VISA cert (Grand Hyatt and Olive 8 have no award availability) and taking the Link light rail down to Safeco field for a Mariners game. Any idea if the hotel shuttle picks-up / drops-off at the Link light rail station?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Does anyone have an email address for this property? I have a question for them about an upcoming reservation and haven't been able to find one on the website.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:14 pm

Going to be staying here from the 21-26. Not sure what to expect. HH was booked a lot faster so I missed out on booking there using award nights. Even at HP it seems pretty crowded as all the 2 queen standard rooms got booked. Is there something going on in Seattle?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Going to be staying here from the 21-26. Not sure what to expect. HH was booked a lot faster so I missed out on booking there using award nights. Even at HP it seems pretty crowded as all the 2 queen standard rooms got booked. Is there something going on in Seattle?
Seattle just has a void of hotel rooms (though more are opening every month). If you are staying during the week; it is going to be packed. It is not far from Amazon HQ.

Have you looked at the new Regency? I would definitely prefer a stay at the Regency over Hyatt Place.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Seattle just has a void of hotel rooms (though more are opening every month). If you are staying during the week; it is going to be packed. It is not far from Amazon HQ.

Have you looked at the new Regency? I would definitely prefer a stay at the Regency over Hyatt Place.
I would have preferred it, especially then I would have maximized value for my two FN certificates, but we are a family of 4, and my wife needs a hotel breakfast available so she doesn't have to worry about feeding the kids in the morning. If I had access to the lounge, I would have been set, but the milestone rewards only started this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.