Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Confused about how to use points/rewards voucher!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin Atlantic

Need to stay three nights in San Francisco and four or five nights in San Diego in August (family of four). My question relates to how best to use my existing points and a regency club upgrade voucher. I have 5,000 points and know that these can used to get a free night on some of the rates. However I can also use my voucher to obtain regency club status in the Hyatt Regency in SF. Anyone any suggestions as to the best use. Oh and I'm Platinum by the way.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:06 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Regency Club Upgrade

We offer the ability to upgrade to the Regency Club using points. The total (which is the same at all properties) is 3000 points total for up to 4 nights in the Regency Club. This rate is identical to the prevailing Daily Rate for a standard guest room. This room will then follow all guarantee/cancel policies associated with the hotel.

The certificate you hold (Platinum Extras?) is going to be based on availability at the time of check-in whereas the point upgrade is guaranteed.

Depending on your stay in San Francisco as well it is possible you might be able to accumulate enough for a free night at one of our San Diego properties. Feel free to PM if you would like me to look into any of this further.

Nick H.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:16 am
Community Director Emerita

Here is a list of hotels available for 5,000 points/night:

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...jsp?category=1

Unfortunately, none of them are in San Francisco or San Diego. You'll need to build up a larger bank of points in order to redeem in either of those cities.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Hyatt Regency San Francisco is one of my favorite Regency Clubs, especially on a Friday night with seafood selection. Nice Bay views, massage chairs, computer terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.