Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Had kind of an odd repeat stay where I mostly stayed in and ordered room service a few times, got a few drinks at the bar, etc. — I had to work in the room a lot — and upon checkout found all the charges waived. Not sure why, perhaps they read my last post on here? Pleasant surprise regardless.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by caliform
Had kind of an odd repeat stay where I mostly stayed in and ordered room service a few times, got a few drinks at the bar, etc. I had to work in the room a lot and upon checkout found all the charges waived. Not sure why, perhaps they read my last post on here? Pleasant surprise regardless.
A nice loyalty bonus!
caliform likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Had kind of an odd repeat stay where I mostly stayed in and ordered room service a few times, got a few drinks at the bar, etc. I had to work in the room a lot and upon checkout found all the charges waived. Not sure why, perhaps they read my last post on here? Pleasant surprise regardless.
just curious?

how would they know who you are and what you posted?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
They probably didn't. But I have no idea why they would comp all my stuff — I did bring two extra rooms in terms of business, so perhaps it was that.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
They probably didn't. But I have no idea why they would comp all my stuff I did bring two extra rooms in terms of business, so perhaps it was that.
awesome instagram page.. what kind of camera do you use?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by broncophil
awesome instagram page.. what kind of camera do you use?
Thanks! I use either an iPhone X w/ my own camera app or a Leica M with a 35mm Summilux/75mm Summilux.
Moving Chicane likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:42 am

Staying here now, must be maybe my 10th night over the years since the rate is usually out of my reach. As a diamglob I have never been upgraded to a suite (maybe once). Nonetheless it's still a great choice, the new resto setup in the evening for breakfast is depressing...it's like eating breakfast in the bat cave.

You all probably know this but I forgot, on the weekend they allow breakfast till 2 pm. Which is great for that late start Sunday.

They looked at me like I was crazy ordering the lemon pancake after the burger but I couldn't resist...more cardio tonight!

Last edited by ZBigFam; Oct 14, 2018 at 11:04 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying here now, must be maybe my 10th night over the years since the rate is usually out of my reach. As a diamglob I have never been upgraded to a suite (maybe once). Nonetheless it's still a great choice, the new resto setup in the evening for breakfast is depressing...it's like eating breakfast in the bat cave.

You all probably know this but I forgot, on the weekend they allow breakfast till 2 pm. Which is great for that late start Sunday.

They looked at me like I was crazy ordering the lemon pancake after the burger but I couldn't resist...more cardio tonight!
Room service is really the better option now. Especially if you like daylight during daytime.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah, the brunch menu on weekends is a real treat if you have breakfast included!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I will miss the old restaurant, I would meet friends there for breakfast. Made it super easy on me.
Biggie Fries and caliform like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam

You had the Deluxe room or a standard one?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:54 pm

Is the standard room here the Andaz King? Not seeing award availability.

ETA: Had to call to make the rez. Not sure why points/awards aren't showing up on the web site.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jan 24, 2019 at 6:06 pm
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Is the standard room here the Andaz King? Not seeing award availability.

ETA: Had to call to make the rez. Not sure why points/awards aren't showing up on the web site.

-David
Fabulous Hyatt IT probably.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Had a fantastic stay at the Andaz 5th Avenue for my birthday this past weekend, using the Globalist requalification free night.

The welcome was very warm and was upgraded to a really nice suite! ^

I mentioned to my host Clay that I have been so busy and therefore did not have time to make any reservation for dinner for my wife and me, and asked him (more or less as a joke) if he can get me a table for 2 at Jean-Georges, and lo and behold, he came through !!! WOW as this made for a really nice birthday dinner

Breakfast/brunch at the Bar Downstairs was complimentary of course, and the Scrambled Egg with Lobster as well as the Lobster Roll were fantastic! Of course the parking was also complimentary and my wife loved that her favorite Maison Eric Kayser and Muji are literally across the street.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Thanks! I use either an iPhone X w/ my own camera app or a Leica M with a 35mm Summilux/75mm Summilux.
For those of us (VERY) casual photographers using a cell phone as our only camera, what does a "camera app" add/get us over the stock .jpg's?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.