Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:27 am

Just checked out. Room service breakfast and restaurant breakfast was not even on my bill (sometimes they have to manually take the charges off). I know one day I ordered the bagels and lox and the pancake and there was no issue.

I have to say their bolognese pasta is some of the best I have ever had. Really good room service here.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Just checked out. Room service breakfast and restaurant breakfast was not even on my bill (sometimes they have to manually take the charges off). I know one day I ordered the bagels and lox and the pancake and there was no issue.

I have to say their bolognese pasta is some of the best I have ever had. Really good room service here.
I guess I just get unlucky and they want to charge me for overages. YMMV at this property.
I'd agree about the Bolognese. Loved it in the restaurant too.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
They gave me a card explaining Globalist benefits upon my recent stay. Breakfast for two was included as per World of Hyatt terms. Additions weren't covered. I believe the card stated room service also included, but don't quote me on that.
Just checked in and got said card, attached below:

Andaz 5th Globalist breakfast benefit card
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
On my recent four night stay I used a TSU and was confirmed into a balcony suite. But on arrival (a couple hours after regular check-in time) I was told the suite wasn’t ready and was further upgraded to the old TSU suite, a splash suite.

Much has been said about the suite and I don’t have anything to add on that front other than to say looking out over 5th Ave and the library and down towards the Empire State Building never gets old for this out-of-towner.

The minibar is pathetic. Popcorn and a chocolate bar are the extent of the food and the water is a local New York brand. Of course, if it wasn’t complimentary there’s no doubt it’d be stocked with $6 Kit-Kats and $8 Evian. It’s stupid and embarrassing. Interestingly, it wasn’t stocked when I arrived in the room and when checking-in I overheard an agent phoning someone to say xyz room’s minibar also hadn’t been stocked. Perhaps the hotel purposely doesn’t stock it in a further display of stinginess.

I was disappointed not to receive a turndown on any of my four nights. I mentioned this at check-out and the agent seemed surprised although she did ask if I had requested it. To my mind, you shouldn’t need to request a turndown at an Andaz but maybe that’s just me. Housekeeping was otherwise fine.

There was no mention of any breakfast limit when checking-in although I did confirm that it is still available via room service, which I used on one morning. The lemon soufflé pancake still makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. Absolutely delicious. On two of the mornings I ordered a juice, entrée, coffee and a muffin and there was no issue with the charges on check-out. I also visited the below ground bar one night where I really like the atmosphere and had a couple of very nice cocktails.

There was no issue with a 4pm check-out.

I’m a fan and hope to return.
CloudCoder and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Not adapting well on first day no longer Diamond/Globalist

Anyone ever stayed here via Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection?

Trying to translate
  • Late check-out upon request, when available
  • Complimentary continental breakfast daily in-room
into this property. For example, I don't remember anything like a continental breakfast on the menu. And might the late check-out be the 4pm one (Globalist)?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Same here, on arrival.
Had almost nothing (around 1/4 stocked) in the minibar last weekend, mumbled about it and got my breakfast waived. Fair enough I guess for a WoH essentially-nobody.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Um, did the breakfast get downgraded again? Got this card and it’s pretty f***ing pathetic as Globalist...I’ll ask the wait staff tomorrow if I can order an entree...will update
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YtravelF
Um, did the breakfast get downgraded again? Got this card and it’s pretty f***ing pathetic as Globalist...I’ll ask the wait staff tomorrow if I can order an entree...will update
And as one who travels with family, they also missed that globalist breakfast is for adults AND up to two children. I've rarely had a hotel charge breakfast for kids... but still.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If that's accurate, it's a blatant T&C violation. The benefit is:

When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.
WoH T&C
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
They gave me that card on accident when we stayed there last September. I guess that might have been for a rate that includes breakfast? When I brought it up to the front desk they corrected it by handing me one that mentioned Globalist on it and included the entree.

Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:16 pm

Appears TSUs now upgrade into an Andaz Suite vs Balcony Suite. Anyone else confirmed this?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
They gave me that card on accident when we stayed there last September. I guess that might have been for a rate that includes breakfast? When I brought it up to the front desk they corrected it by handing me one that mentioned Globalist on it and included the entree.
This. I went back down to the front desk and asked a different person was given the correct card this time.

False alarm. Nothing to see here
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
This. I went back down to the front desk and asked a different person was given the correct card this time.

False alarm. Nothing to see here
Thank god!

That 'breakfast' would be nearly worth nothing to me and I'd throw a child like tantrum.

So is that what one would get who stayed at like the "bed and breakfast rate"?? I would hope not considering online those rates are like 100$ more per night. A coffee, juice, bagel, and apple is far from what I consider a breakfast.

I see in a post above that a stay through the "Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection" is given a continental breakfast -- so maybe the crap breakfast is just for that.

Last edited by MarkOK; Apr 24, 2018 at 7:47 am
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by NAIRBO
Appears TSUs now upgrade into an Andaz Suite vs Balcony Suite. Anyone else confirmed this?
The "andaz suite" is what is described as a "standard suite" on their booking site, and thus yes, that is what TSUs would "upgrade" to.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:40 pm

Trying to book NY trip with family via Hyatt points for next month. PH NY has no availability for award stay. To get best bang for points value - Andaz 5th avenue is next best option after PH NY. This will be my 2nd stay at Andaz 5th Ave (currently Globalist) - last year i stayed here via GoH booking from good friend. I left with bad taste in mouth during my first stay - no suite upgrade (not even attempt by Front Desk), standard room with no good view only facing office building, no turn down service, had to ask daily to fill-up mini bar snacks; only good thing I remember was breakfast.

Hope it's better experience this time around specially staying as Globalist - will plan to check in early this time around. Also, dividing 3 nights into 2 stays as suite upgrades are normally offered for smaller stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.