Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:33 pm
Company Representative - Andaz 5th Avenue

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
so here I am in bed at the andaz 5th avenue. this is my first andaz stay anywhere so my initial feedback is i really love the room. for new york it is very spacious and the bed very comfortable. the bathroom is beautiful, love the fact you have two head shower plus a bowl for your feet!!

took them a while to check me in and it seemed somewhat chaotic downstairs. they are clearly all still learning the system. but did have a very nice dinner and drinks with a friend and had a great waitress take care of us.

it is not fully open yet, they said only rooms in "north tower" are open which means taking an elevator to second floor then crossing over the building and taking another elevator. also from 5th avenue itself the place looks closed out... i actually walked past before i realized i'd missed it.

i took some pics i can post once i get back and am able to download.

ANDAZ 5TH AVENUE IS HERE!!!
Thank you very much for your comments about Andaz 5th Avenue. We are thrilled that you were one of our very first guests to stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback about the room, restaurant and arrival. Apologies for the delayed check-in. We will certainly ensure a smoother arrival experience on your next stay.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by GM at Andaz 5th Avenue
Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback about Andaz 5th Avenue. I sincerely appreciate your genuine interest in our hotel and hope that I will have the opportunity of personally meeting you very soon. Please keep the feedback coming!
Welcome! I suspect that many of we Hyatt faithful will be trialing the Andaz 5th Avenue this year. I for one am very excited to have such a well located Hyatt property that is new and fresh. The Andaz Wall Street has been a big hit, and so far reports are very encouraging about your hotel. Thank you for your participation in this forum.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few
Yes great to see direct participation in the forum. I was very pleased with my stay and one has to give allowances when going to a brand new hotel

Actually I'm trying to book up paid the week of July 19th-22nd but showing no availability at all. Is it truly sold out? I was going to switch my stay from W.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome to GM at Andaz 5th Ave!!!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:52 pm

Thank you everyone for your comments and feedback about Andaz 5th Avenue. I sincerely appreciate your genuine interest in our hotel and hope that I will have the opportunity of personally meeting you very soon. Please keep the feedback coming!
Dear Mr. Frolich:

Thanks for your kind words and for your support of our community this late Sunday evening!

Following Fran Gallagher's & Barbara De Lollis' blog I am under the impression that you do a lot to promote your property and I am looking forward to my upcoming stay at Andaz 5th Ave. in late 9/10. All the best!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:33 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Welcome to Flyertalk. I too am looking forward to staying at the Andaz 5th Avenue when I am in NYC in a few weeks.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 7:32 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
When I checked out I was told they scaled back to having only 15 rooms open. Nice they're scaling back to get things going right when there has to be pressure to get revenue coming in.

I had a few more glitches during my stay, but think this will be a nice property once everything's worked out.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Makes sense for them to scale it back to get everything in good shape... but still a shame. I am currently apartment hunting in NYC so soon will have no need for hotels and this was about the nicest one I have stayed in and that's half empty!

I have a couple of questions maybe the GM can answer or someone else....

1st I noticed as you came out of the elevator on 2nd floor there was a huge kitchen area that was all open. Is the plan to have cooking classes here?

2nd is further down the hall there seemed to be what looks to be a champagne bar. Is this the plan?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:30 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Makes sense for them to scale it back to get everything in good shape... but still a shame. I am currently apartment hunting in NYC so soon will have no need for hotels and this was about the nicest one I have stayed in and that's half empty!

1st I noticed as you came out of the elevator on 2nd floor there was a huge kitchen area that was all open. Is the plan to have cooking classes here?

2nd is further down the hall there seemed to be what looks to be a champagne bar. Is this the plan?
ma91pmh-

I can answer at least the first question. One the second floor that entire floor is actually the hotel's meeting/catering space. The big kitchen area you saw is where the chef for the events can have closer contact with meeting goers! Seems pretty cool!

Hope that helps!
Chrissi R.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:55 am

Hi,
A question for the GM, it says "no rollaways" on the basic room, but is that a strict no rollaways? The Park Hyatt Chicago says no rollaways yet we're getting one and bsdstone got two in a room. I just want to know if it would be possible to get 3 people in one room on reward nights, otherwise, I think we'll try the Andaz Wall street when the next promo comes around.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:08 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist

I was told this would all be for catering/meetings/special events ...even that space that looks like a nice bar and the area with the lovely lounge and wine racks.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:49 pm

I have a question for the GM. I am trying to book an award for 8/21 and it is not available. However, if I wanted 8/21-22 then it is available. So why are you not allowing a redemption for 8/21 alone when clearly there are rooms available? Thank you.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by l'etoile
I was told this would all be for catering/meetings/special events ...even that space that looks like a nice bar and the area with the lovely lounge and wine racks.
shame looks like that spot would make a very cool bar
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:54 am

Does anyone know if the Andaz 5th Ave is participating in the G2 bonus (2,000 pts/stay) like the Wall Street location? It's not up on the GP offer page yet, but I'm hoping that's just because the property is too new. The G bonuses are very nice sweeteners.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:23 pm
Company Representative - Andaz 5th Avenue

Originally Posted by UserMark
I have a question for the GM. I am trying to book an award for 8/21 and it is not available. However, if I wanted 8/21-22 then it is available. So why are you not allowing a redemption for 8/21 alone when clearly there are rooms available? Thank you.
Hello! Due to occupancy for that evening, we currently do not have one night availability for the Saturday night stay available. We do, however have a one night available for either Sept 11 or Sept 18 if you wish to book these dates. Thank you for your interest in Andaz 5th Avenue and hope to see you soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.