Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:15 pm

dbndb how did it work out for you - did you get the suite you wanted?

Any other recent reports of requesting a specific suite location and getting it? It's amazing how much nicer the higher floor ones are! Is it floors 14 and above?

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
dbndb how did it work out for you - did you get the suite you wanted?

Any other recent reports of requesting a specific suite location and getting it? It's amazing how much nicer the higher floor ones are! Is it floors 14 and above?

Thanks!
Think it's floors 11 and above (14 is the highest).
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Plat, Marriot Plat
Andaz or Thompson Central Park

Hi all, booking two nights (Thursday-Saturday) on points for a standard room in October and torn between the Andaz or Thompson Central Park since they’re 25K each. I’m a globalist so interested in thoughts on which has better upgrade chances and breakfast? Would love to have a park view room at the Thompson but imagine those chances are slim.

Leaning towards Andaz since we plan on seeing a concert at MSG and it would be closer. Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
I was looking at items the $35 destination fee covers here and noticed this:

“$35 Food and Beverage Breakfast Credit (Daily)”

So how does that work exactly? If we have breakfast at the hotel, we should see a $35 credit on our bill at check out? Or do they just waive the destination fee and leave the breakfast charge? Just curious if this is something that happens automatically or if it’s something we have to know about to ask for?
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsnearline

So how does that work exactly? If we have breakfast at the hotel, we should see a $35 credit on our bill at check out? Or do they just waive the destination fee and leave the breakfast charge? Just curious if this is something that happens automatically or if it’s something we have to know about to ask for?
They will charge the destination fee (assuming you are not Globalist or staying on points). If you make qualifying charges, a credit should be applied. You'll want to confirm at check-out that it's been properly applied.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Kacee
They will charge the destination fee (assuming you are not Globalist or staying on points). If you make qualifying charges, a credit should be applied. You'll want to confirm at check-out that it's been properly applied.
That’s very helpful to know. Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:37 pm

Just wrapping up a 4 night stay on points. Put in a TSU and was confirmed into an Andaz Suite. Got one on the 10th floor and even though not street facing is still super nice and we had plenty of room to move about and get comfy. When checking in I looked to see if any nicer suites were available for sale and they weren't - otherwise they said they would have upgraded us further had something been available (likely would have happened if we didn't need 4 consecutive nights). Any questions anyone has, please let me know!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
The Andaz Fifth Avenue is my favorite Hyatt property in Manhattan! I prefer it over the Park Hyatt and other properties
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Just wrapping up a 4 night stay on points. Put in a TSU and was confirmed into an Andaz Suite. Got one on the 10th floor and even though not street facing is still super nice and we had plenty of room to move about and get comfy. When checking in I looked to see if any nicer suites were available for sale and they weren't - otherwise they said they would have upgraded us further had something been available (likely would have happened if we didn't need 4 consecutive nights). Any questions anyone has, please let me know!
Thanks for the post. We are going in January and have also applied a TSU to confirm an Andaz Suite. We will be traveling with our infant - does the suite have a decent place to put a crib? Ideally we want somewhere out of line-of-sight from the king bed
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Surprised they offered to upgrade you further - when I asked the last time, I got the Park Hyatt answer - "only for a Globalist upgrade fee."
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:08 am

Is globalist breakfast only in restaurant here, or is there a choice to take it as room service?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I got a King Deluxe for thanksgiving week; it has room for a rollout. Andaz suites all booked, so no TSU. Couple questions

1. anyone have email for GM? I cant get the thread search tool to work for me in Chrome
2. this stated room size - 400-470 sq ft - is as big as the suite I booked at Bowery 50, which seems huge for a regular room. Anyone have RL experience? 3rd guest is 20 yr old son. I switched here from Bowery 50 because - points > cash w college tuition being paid! :-D
3. do they do day of upgrades to other suites? what if my son checks in before us (he's coming from college, will arrive before we land)

stayed here once before, i found FD service to vary from diffident to solid.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jsnearline

Globalists don’t pay the fee, and get free breakfast.

Good normally they get what the destination fee covers for free. Wonder if that means $35 credit on top of free breakfast, ie order extra?

thanks for pointing it out as I see they also have a $15 laundry credit per stay as part of the fee. I should get that even if the destination is waived, right?

Last edited by beachfan; Oct 30, 2022 at 10:59 am
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by tripmaster
I got a King Deluxe for thanksgiving week; it has room for a rollout. Andaz suites all booked, so no TSU. Couple questions

1. anyone have email for GM? I cant get the thread search tool to work for me in Chrome
It wouldn’t matter. According to LinkedIn, the current GM (Ryan Fender) started last month.

I can’t find an address for him, but a quick skim of my past email correspondence with Andaz GMs suggest that they all have email addresses of the form [email protected] or hyatt.com. In the case of Cornelia Samara, who was the Fifth Ave GM a decade ago, she used both, so it may be that both addresses funnel incoming messages to the same inbox.
tripmaster likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beltway
It wouldn’t matter. According to LinkedIn, the current GM (Ryan Fender) started last month.
From 50 Bowery, where he was pretty hands on.

His former email domain was @jdv.com. Presumably that's been updated.
tripmaster likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.