Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Kacee
Which floor were you on? It's much better higher. I had a fifth floor library view here that was one of the noisiest NYC rooms I've ever had.
Good to know. I was only on the 9th floor, so not too much higher.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the 12th floor on the last few trips, on the 41st St. side. Didn't notice any significant noise.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by josephstern
I had the 12th floor on the last few trips, on the 41st St. side. Didn't notice any significant noise.
41st is much, much quieter than 5th Ave. One of the Andaz Suite layouts I've been given a few times faces 41st (the one directly opposite the elevator bank) and I was fine with the street noise. 5th Ave is a different beast.
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 5:35 pm

Stayed here over the weekend in the Empire Terrace Suite for our wedding anniversary and had a fantastic time. The service was OUTSTANDING and the view from this wrap around is amazing!

The Empire State Building with the Freedom Tower further in the background.

The NY Public library is directly down below.

The BAC tower with the New Years Eve ball in the background. You can see the ball drop from this room. (Its the small yellow globe about halfway up between the Salesforce building & the H&M building)

Empire State at night.
iluv2fly, beltway and TravisMT81 like this.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Oct 4, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Old Oct 4, 2020, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Definitely better views than a Splash suite.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:19 pm

Tonyr4 Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing!

Are you a Globalist?

Just wondering if you are ... would love some info on their current post-CoVid breakfast offerings (if any) and if you received an upgrade because of status.

And lastly, how was their occupancy (if you know)?

thanks !
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Tonyr4 Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing!

Are you a Globalist?

Just wondering if you are ... would love some info on their current post-CoVid breakfast offerings (if any) and if you received an upgrade because of status.

And lastly, how was their occupancy (if you know)?

thanks !
Thanks! Yes I'm a Globalist but paid for this 3 night stay out of pocket. I did get a 40% discount on the suite as well as triple points which softened the blow quite a bit. I don't believe they'd upgrade a Globalist to this room unless I guess you were a frequent traveler at the hotel. I've read that this particular room goes as high as 7k a night over New Years Eve. In any event the experience was well worth the price I paid. Other than a direct Central Park view I don't know of any hotel with a better view of NYC from a large terrace than this Empire Suite at the Andaz. I highly recommend it, we entertained friends on the terrace every night we stayed.

The dinner and lunch menu was very limited at the hotel but the breakfast menu had more choices and was delivered to the room every morning. The executive chef called one day and asked how everything was. He let me know that they plan on re expanding the menu in the weeks ahead. The food at the hotel was very good it was just limited so I'd look forward to an expanded menu. We had dinner sent every night from outside restaurants and there is still a ton to choose from that delivers to this hotel.

Lastly, the hotel seemed somewhat empty. From our terrace we noticed 3 or 4 other rooms that were occupied. The lobby was never full. With the media being so negative on NYC I'm sure it's scaring alot of outsiders away. I live on the Upper West Side, and can tell you that its not nearly as bad here as it's being reported. I can promise you that!!!
River in Sight and CodeAdam10 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
That is for sure!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:52 pm

Awesome! Glad to know they are still serving Globalist breakfast via room service.

I agree. Your pictures are phenomenal and those are spectcular views. I will aim for the Empire Suite next time I make my way to this hotel.

Thanks SO much for taking the time to write a detailed answer, it's much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
Thanks! Yes I'm a Globalist but paid for this 3 night stay out of pocket. I did get a 40% discount on the suite as well as triple points which softened the blow quite a bit. I don't believe they'd upgrade a Globalist to this room unless I guess you were a frequent traveler at the hotel. I've read that this particular room goes as high as 7k a night over New Years Eve. In any event the experience was well worth the price I paid. Other than a direct Central Park view I don't know of any hotel with a better view of NYC from a large terrace than this Empire Suite at the Andaz. I highly recommend it, we entertained friends on the terrace every night we stayed.

The dinner and lunch menu was very limited at the hotel but the breakfast menu had more choices and was delivered to the room every morning. The executive chef called one day and asked how everything was. He let me know that they plan on re expanding the menu in the weeks ahead. The food at the hotel was very good it was just limited so I'd look forward to an expanded menu. We had dinner sent every night from outside restaurants and there is still a ton to choose from that delivers to this hotel.

Lastly, the hotel seemed somewhat empty. From our terrace we noticed 3 or 4 other rooms that were occupied. The lobby was never full. With the media being so negative on NYC I'm sure it's scaring alot of outsiders away. I live on the Upper West Side, and can tell you that its not nearly as bad here as it's being reported. I can promise you that!!!
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The 5th Avenue View Suite has the same view across the library towards TS, but no outdoor space, and the layout isn't great. But a very nice view.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I've had a splash suite that had nearly identical views from the bedroom. Can't recall which floor we were on.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The 5th Avenue View Suite has the same view across the library towards TS, but no outdoor space, and the layout isn't great. But a very nice view.
The Empire suite is room 1104 the room right next door (on the right hand side of the Empire Suite) is room 1101 and is the suite I'd try to get next time if I didn't want to splurge on the Empire Suite. It's a smaller room and terrace but you get a full on view of Times Square and the library. From that room if you were to peek around the Empire Suite's planter you can see downtown to the Freedom Tower and Empire State buildings as well.

The hotel is 14 floors high but the best rooms and all of the terraces are on 11. We noticed from our terrace on the 3 floors above us that there were rooms with small balconies that faced Times Square as well. They looked nice too but Im not sure if they were suites or not.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Oct 6, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:39 am

No problem glad it was helpful Adam!
CodeAdam10 likes this.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Oct 6, 2020 at 11:03 am
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:12 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I’m having a different experience at the hotel now. The wonderful breakfast is served in a paper bag in the room. If you order the wonderful avocado toast ( one of only 4 offered main dishes) ask for silverware. You can not cut the toast with the wooden utensils they provide. Also be aware that hot beverages are provided in a paper cup that is packed in the paper bag. I spilled hot water on my hand this morning trying to remove it from the bag.
I would prefer not to share the other issues I had but they were more significant than the breakfast.
Obviously these are difficult times for hotels but I don’t think the Andaz is ready yet.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmgm
I’m having a different experience at the hotel now. The wonderful breakfast is served in a paper bag in the room. If you order the wonderful avocado toast ( one of only 4 offered main dishes) ask for silverware. You can not cut the toast with the wooden utensils they provide. Also be aware that hot beverages are provided in a paper cup that is packed in the paper bag. I spilled hot water on my hand this morning trying to remove it from the bag.
I would prefer not to share the other issues I had but they were more significant than the breakfast.
Obviously these are difficult times for hotels but I don’t think the Andaz is ready yet.
If you have another chance, please post a pic of that bag and how it arrives. I can't even picture that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.