Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Resorts "Best of all Worlds" contest

Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.

Posted on the Frequent Flyer Blog today:

CHICAGO (July 6, 2010) – Hyatt Resorts today announced a new way for guests to win free hotel nights. To kick-off its Best of All Worlds campaign, Hyatt is launching a challenge hosted on the new Hyatt Resorts Facebook page www.facebook.com/HyattResorts – asking fans to demonstrate through an uploaded photo how they experience the “Best of All Worlds” when they travel.

By submitting their photos, five lucky winners will be rewarded with Hyatt Gold Passport points – enough for a two-night stay at any Hyatt Resort destination worldwide. Participants also have a second opportunity to win Hyatt Gold Passport points when they tag themselves in their submitted photo. The challenge will run from July 6 to July 26, 2010.

Travelers staying at Hyatt Resorts experience the “Best of All Worlds” by enjoying local culture while experiencing the authentic hospitality, thoughtful service and distinctive amenities that each Hyatt Resort offers. Guests can dance the night away and wake up to a scuba lesson, take in a museum followed by a romantic dinner for two at a world class Hyatt restaurant, or get the family together for hula lessons and a sunset sail on the Pacific. The “Best of All Worlds” means something a little different to every traveler and Hyatt wants to find out what it means to its guests.

The Best of All Worlds Challenge gives Hyatt fans the opportunity to select the Hyatt Resort that they would most like to visit and to share a picture of the activity they would most like to do during their stay. A photo of the activity, either taken by the traveler or from the Hyatt Resort activity album on Facebook, must be uploaded to the Hyatt Resorts Facebook page by the fan in order to be entered. Fans can learn more about the challenge and obtain the full rules by visiting the Best of All Worlds tab on the Hyatt Resorts Facebook page.

During the challenge, fans of Hyatt Resorts will have a chance to show their loyalty to a specific Hyatt Resort. Challenge winners will be selected randomly from the entrants of the Hyatt Resort that has the most fans participating.
Visit www.facebook.com/HyattResorts to learn more and for full official rules.
Now I just have to find an appropriate photo. We almost never take pictures when we travel as my better half is certain to lose/drop/destroy any camera we bring, and any photos we do have most certainly do not show us as we are by no stretch of the imagination photogenic. And I guess this means we have to set up a Facebook account, something we never saw reason to do.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
US Citizens only
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Markie
US Citizens only
A bit broader: Legal residents of the United States, not just citizens.

Still, for some reason I am not very excited. Might be the facebook connection
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
thanks OP , I'll give this a shot
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Markie
US Citizens only
*sigh*
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
anyone else enter this?

It's hard to pick a resort. Apparently the 1 place with the most votes will be the pool eventual winners are drawn from.

I sort of hoped the beach-type destinations would all dilute each other, I picked Beaver Creek, as it's the most obvious ski destination. But I doubt enough skiers noticed the contest and think an ocean-side place will win it...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I entered --though I didn't like the idea that the "top" destinations were the one the random draws came from. If I were running such a contest, I'd have a completely random draw, and a separate "popularity" winner for best resort. As I read the rules, though, I thought the winners were going to come from the top 5 properties...?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I am very happy to have been chosen as one of the winners of the 2-night stay!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Renard
I am very happy to have been chosen as one of the winners of the 2-night stay!
Congrates ^
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Congrats Renard..

I have some pictures I would have like to enter, but I never got around to it. I'm hoping they start their new contest soon.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:50 am

Excuse the soapbox rant; I'll keep it short.

I HATE companies who require their customers to join Facebook to participate in promotional events/offers. I don't care to sell my soul to Facebook by providing even the limited personal information they require, with notoriously poor assurances of privacy.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I believe all you have to do is provide an email address. No one actually says you have to use your real name. I know a few people who have made up a last name, or use part of the FT handle as a last name.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:11 pm

Not to belabor this, since it's my personal issue, but if I "win" as John Doe, do I still win (under my real name)?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Not to belabor this, since it's my personal issue, but if I "win" as John Doe, do I still win (under my real name)?
If the points end up in your account, yes you win. You'd need to provide your 'real info' to the company running the promo. The company is not connected to FB.

Participation is optional.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
CONTEST round 2

I entered and just won one of the daily draws for 7,000 points ....ooooh where to spend them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.