Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 23, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Swooop12
Any recent reviews since it seems this property continues to evolve? Trying to decide if I want to spent a few days here or at the Andaz WH.
I'll be here next week so I'll post details afterward.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
In SoCal's latest AAA issue of Westways, the Park Hyatt Aviara was one of a handful of "5 diamond" winners, as rated by AAA.

Interesting, since so many here have had only mediocre reviews of the property, but I hope Hyatt is stepping it up and turning it into a true Park Hyatt quality property.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Great stay

Spent two nights 12/30-1/1 in a 2-room suite overlooking the pool. Everything was great from the room to the spa to the service. The employees here are very well trained and some of the most professional I've seen (as good as at any Park Hyatt I've stayed at).

The hotel lobby, hallways, and grounds were immaculate and looked new. The living room of the suite had a desk, couch, coffee table, big TV with a dvd player, mini bar, balcony and half-bathroom. The bedroom had a good bed, chair, big TV with DVD player, and another balcony with a small table and 2 chairs. The bathroom had a great shower and had a separate deep tub.

The pools were very clean, nice, and heated to a comfortable level (we were the only nuts in the water). The underwater music was pretty cool, and having a 'no-kids' pool will definitely be nice when the hotel is more crowded. The hot tubs were also good.

The breakfast had an above average buffet but also allows diamonds to order from the menu. We were told to just charge it to the room and it would be removed automatically. No mention of a $ limit was given, and everything that we ordered (except alcohol) was removed including the tip.

The spa is small but very good with a jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room in each locker room. There is also a sort-of lounge area where people wait for a massage, but it is also open to all spa clients and has coffee, tea, lemonade, water, and a small variety of appetizers (like vegis, nuts, and pastries) that change thru the day. With no actual club-lounge in the hotel, this was a nice stop for a quick snack during the day.

We had dinner at the steakhouse and while pretty good, it was over-priced and not the best I've had. The 2nd night we drove out to PF Changs instead.

The parking also is over-priced, but having never been here before we just paid the $30/day. Now that we know the layout however we will park at the tennis courts next time. The shuttles really do go every few minutes.

All-in-all it was a great stay and an exceptional hotel. I'd say definitely as good if not slightly better than Huntington Beach, but of course not near the ocean.

And on a side note - I can't tell you how many times I heard obviously freuent guests grilling the staff on the 'changes now that Hyatt has taken over'. It always seemed to be asked in an acusatory tone, so I think these past guests look at it as a downgrade. I can't say if this is true, but I found the hotel and service to be worthy of the 5 diamond rating.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Aviara hotel loan extended for five years

http://www.signsandiego.com/news/201...d-five-years/#
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by skunker
Aviara hotel loan extended for five years

http://www.signsandiego.com/news/201...d-five-years/#
^ Good news
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
Does anyone know of the hotel's deposit policy. I booked a stay for December and was greeted by the following message: "Deposit Required By February 21, 2011. Deposit By Credit Card Required. 1 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card."

Is the deposit refundable?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009
Does anyone know of the hotel's deposit policy. I booked a stay for December and was greeted by the following message: "Deposit Required By February 21, 2011. Deposit By Credit Card Required. 1 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card."

I don't know, but I booked under the same terms around the 21st, and they haven't pulled the deposit from my account yet. I'm going on the assumption that it's refundable as long as I meet the cancellation terms.

I've seen this with Intercontinental where the deposit wasn't pulled until after I checked in.

Of course, according to the terms they could pull it at anytime...
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:44 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by hiltonlondon2009

IME, Hyatt hotels automatically refund your deposit back to your credit card as long as you cancel before the appropriate deadline.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
I am planning to make a reservation via FHR to Park Hyatt on july for one week (1.7-8.7). Is there a good chance to suite upgrade even there will be 4th july weekend during our stay? I am thinking about booking Panoramic View King Bed room.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Kuki
I am planning to make a reservation via FHR to Park Hyatt on july for one week (1.7-8.7). Is there a good chance to suite upgrade even there will be 4th july weekend during our stay? I am thinking about booking Panoramic View King Bed room.
I stayed here last 4th of July weekend. I was told the hotel was very slow compared to past 4th of July weekends and I received no upgrade not even a lagoon or pool view. The hotel did as a FS have a loyal 4th of July following not sure how that will be this year.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Data point - I have reservations for my family for 7/2 to 7/5 this year, and I was able to utilize a diamond suite upgrade for those nights. I stayed 7/6 to 7/9 last year with Mrs. pdx_fam and we received a room upgrade and a bottle of champagne for our anniversary, but no suite upgrade on a BWB (free) stay.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Luxurylink is offering 3 nights in a Park Suite including taxes and breakfast for $1328+$40 handling fee, valid until the end of the year. Claims it's 52% off. Here's the link:

http://www.luxurylink.com/fivestar/h...id=16638&len=3
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:41 am

PH Aviara or Andaz SD?

Is there anyone who has stayed at both hotels and can recommend one over the other? I'm leaning towards the PH Aviara, as I've stayed at the PH Washington DC before and have never stayed at an Andaz property before. Thanks in advance for your recommendation[s]!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by mrbofus
Is there anyone who has stayed at both hotels and can recommend one over the other? I'm leaning towards the PH Aviara, as I've stayed at the PH Washington DC before and have never stayed at an Andaz property before. Thanks in advance for your recommendation[s]!
These two properties are like night and day in both feel and location. Both locations are great, depending on where you need/want to be, but are two totally different experiences!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:18 am
Community Director Emerita

If you plan to eat in their Italian restaurant, this Travelzoo deal might be for you.

For $89, enjoy a 4-course Italian dinner for 2 with 2 specialty cocktails at Vivace, regularly $186

Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, July 5, through Nov. 30, 2011.

Enjoy the following courses:

First course:
Caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes, burrata and basil

Second course:
Risotto al astice: lobster risotto, basil and parmesan reggiano

Third course:
Flat iron steak with emmer verde, herb mostarda, baby chard and chianti salt

Fourth course:
Fresh berries amaretto zabaglione

Complement your meal with a specialty cocktail each such as The French Ginger, with Ketel One, Grand Marnier and Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.