Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

SHANGHAI: Grand Hyatt vs Park Hyatt vs Bund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHANGHAI: Grand Hyatt vs Park Hyatt vs Bund

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RedSun
Marriott recently dropped RC Pudong reward rate from 70,000 to 60,000. But since it is RC, Marriott members do not get any benefits like free breakfast or lounge access. With GH at 15,000 and PH at 20,000, you also get all the WOH benefits. So value-wise, there is no comparison. Maybe you can get lucky to get good rate at RC some days....

Ritz Carlton card get an annual free night up to 50,000 points. Not enough to stay at RC Pudong. This is sad. IMO, RC Pudong is not worth 60,000 points. The rack price would have to be about $580 to be worth the points.
The RC Pudong has its own (i.e. not connected with Marriott Rewards) card. I'm not sure what the current price point is, and it might not work well for business travelers (i.e. hard to expense), but it used to be a pretty good deal.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:45 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by moondog
The RC Pudong has its own (i.e. not connected with Marriott Rewards) card. I'm not sure what the current price point is, and it might not work well for business travelers (i.e. hard to expense), but it used to be a pretty good deal.
You mean RC Pudong reward card? This must be special since it is tired to the specific hotel. I can't think of any such card like this. How would that overlap with Marriott Rewards?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:06 am

You mean RC Pudong reward card? This must be special since it is tired to the specific hotel. I can't think of any such card like this. How would that overlap with Marriott Rewards?
Many hotels in Asia have their own cards. My all time favorite was the Marriott Beijing Gold card because it was only around Y2000 back in the day, and included six nights (granted, at six different hotels). I believe that card still exists, but the benefits have been watered down quite a bit.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:42 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Many hotels in Asia have their own cards. My all time favorite was the Marriott Beijing Gold card because it was only around Y2000 back in the day, and included six nights (granted, at six different hotels). I believe that card still exists, but the benefits have been watered down quite a bit.
Interesting. I know there are a lot of promotion programs originally copied from the West. But they have gone a lot further.
Good to know. It seems they are mainly local programs.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:53 am

Interesting. I know there are a lot of promotion programs originally copied from the West. But they have gone a lot further.
Good to know. It seems they are mainly local programs.
Yes, and most of them are not heavily promoted. Perhaps I will start a new thread in Travelbuzz in order to discuss these hotel/city specific cards.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Yes, and most of them are not heavily promoted. Perhaps I will start a new thread in Travelbuzz in order to discuss these hotel/city specific cards.
These cards are mostly dining related though, same as Club at the Hyatt. Or is there yet another membership style?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stephem
Heading thru Shanghai in November en route to Siem Reap taking advantage of the new Delta SEA-PVG flight. My kids have never been to Shanghai so I think we'll lay over there for the weekend. My last few stays were a while back, I think the GH was the last stay. I liked the views and all, but wondering if based on being there as tourists this time that maybe we try the Andaz. Does that make sense?
I guess it really depends what you like and what you want to do.

Hyatt on the Bund as well as Grand Hyatt both have a nice lounge. Park Hyatt has nothing (but the rooms are nice) and Andaz isn't anything exciting either except they have a small drinks hour in the evening.

Tough call, price might be a factor too!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
These cards are mostly dining related though, same as Club at the Hyatt. Or is there yet another membership style?
Some of them now only provide dining benefits, but many still include room nights. I must admit that I am not up to date on specific cards because I only buy cards when I need them, and this typically entails contacting the hotel directly.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I now prefer the Sukhothai. Will post a separate review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.