Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by peteropny
I know - I'm still skeptical - hope I"m wrong!!!
I'm right http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14310638-post48.html
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Nick H.

Our Q3 Promo has not been released yet. So we might as well offer you something while you wait!
I just wanted to remind everyone that September falls in the 3rd Quarter and that if you are expecting a promo to be released before the hoped for and anticpated FFN promo expected to be launched sometime in Sept., I would not hold my breath.

The FFN promo is likely the 3rd Q promo mentioned above.

In the interim, you do have those FF mileage earning promotions.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peteropny
And I am utterly confused now Thank god I don't have any (paid) Hyatt stays in the near future
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
Here are the Participating Programs
AA-American Airlines ()
2v-Amtrak
JL- Japan Airlines
NH- All Nippon Airways
QJ- Jet Airways
TA-Thai Airways
UA-United Airlines
US-US Airways
WN-Southwest Airlines
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Here are the Participating Programs
AA-American Airlines ()
2v-Amtrak
JL- Japan Airlines
NH- All Nippon Airways
QJ- Jet Airways
TA-Thai Airways
UA-United Airlines
US-US Airways
WN-Southwest Airlines
Looks like LH is participating as well

https://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/a..._mbr_src=LH30K

Lufthansa Miles & More members are invited to earn 1,000 Miles & More award miles per night with Hyatt, in addition to the 500 base miles you can earn per stay. Up to a maximum of 30,000 Miles & More award miles can be earned during the promotion period. Simply join Hyatt Gold Passport™ and stay at any Hyatt worldwide between 01 July and 01 October 2010.

Earn 1,000 Miles & More award miles per night

* Join Hyatt Gold Passport today.
* Stay at any Hyatt worldwide between 01 July and 01 October 2010.
* Provide your Hyatt Gold Passport and Miles & More membership numbers at reservation and check-in.
* Request Miles & More award miles at check-in for your eligible stay.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:13 am

Different airlines

Does anyone see an issue with signing up for the 30KAA and also TP30K2010 but with UA or one of the other participating airlines. I'm assuming since these are stackable, it shouldn't matter if the miles are going to 2 different airlines?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by acnev
Does anyone see an issue with signing up for the 30KAA and also TP30K2010 but with UA or one of the other participating airlines. I'm assuming since these are stackable, it shouldn't matter if the miles are going to 2 different airlines?
No, they'll only credit each stay to a single airline.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Since I'm a little slow, I'd like to just make sure I understand what has transpired:

1. Originally GP was going to give people 1,000 miles per night on AA retroactively to June 15 if they called in and registered for TP30K2010 or AA30K2010 (not exactly clear to me).

2. Some people actually were successful in registering for the promo for AA and have already received their miles.

3. GP has now decided that AA is not participating in this promo, and presumably, new customers can no longer register.

Since I participated in the 3k AA promo in the 2nd quarter (and have received those miles), can I sign up for the TP30K2010 promo on another airline that GP is honoring and get retroactive credit for stays between June 15 and the present on this second airline?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:32 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hey ExitRowAisle,

Yes you can sign up for the TP30K2010 promo and we can retro credit any stays that fall under the promotional dates. Feel free to PM your gp number, first and last name, and which stays you would like credited towards the promotion and we can definitely do that for you.

Have a great weekend!

Brock S
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Since I'm a little slow, I'd like to just make sure I understand what has transpired:

1. Originally GP was going to give people 1,000 miles per night on AA retroactively to June 15 if they called in and registered for TP30K2010 or AA30K2010 (not exactly clear to me).

2. Some people actually were successful in registering for the promo for AA and have already received their miles.

3. GP has now decided that AA is not participating in this promo, and presumably, new customers can no longer register.

Since I participated in the 3k AA promo in the 2nd quarter (and have received those miles), can I sign up for the TP30K2010 promo on another airline that GP is honoring and get retroactive credit for stays between June 15 and the present on this second airline?
AAdvantage members are invited to join Hyatt Gold Passport™ and earn up to 60,000 miles with Hyatt™. Earn 3,000 miles per stay for maximum of 20 stays, now through October 15, 2010

Current members can register to participate in this promotion by entering your Hyatt Gold Passport account number in the box provided.

http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=30KAA
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
AAdvantage members are invited to join Hyatt Gold Passport™ and earn up to 60,000 miles with Hyatt™. Earn 3,000 miles per stay for maximum of 20 stays, now through October 15, 2010

Current members can register to participate in this promotion by entering your Hyatt Gold Passport account number in the box provided.

http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=30KAA
That's interesting reading, but it has nothing to do with the unofficial promo that my discussion concerned.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
Originally Posted by acnev
No, you are not able to specify a different airline for each promo. If you want to stack, then you have to go with AA. The reason is Gold Passport only has the ability to have one airline specified in their system. There's no way to designate different airlines for different promos if they fall within the same time period which this does.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
This is a joke.... how many Promos are there now that include miles ?

I signed up online for a promotion and got the confirmation that says

"Thank you for registering for this promotion. You will now earn 3,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles per stay on your eligible stays at any Hyatt worldwide through October 15, 2010."

No clue which one that was but with this mail I expect these miles to post. I'm not really concerned about stacking any promos. 3K per stay plus the diamond amenity points are a good deal. End of story.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by hyattnjfan
No, you are not able to specify a different airline for each promo. If you want to stack, then you have to go with AA. The reason is Gold Passport only has the ability to have one airline specified in their system. There's no way to designate different airlines for different promos if they fall within the same time period which this does.
(bolding mine)

Perhaps you are focusing only on future stays, but the Hyatt GP presence on this forum said otherwise just 3 posts before yours.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hyattnjfan
Maybe I'm missing your point but we designate our airline for the miles during the stay (I do so at check-in and check-out, then sometimes have to call customer service to get it corrected despite my best efforts). Seems like we could do 20 stays getting the AA bonuses, then switch the airline designation and get bonuses from a second airline, too, (until Sept. 30th.). I don't see anything in the T&C's preventing this. Please correct me if I'm wrong. When I saw these promos, I made reservations for 30 Hyatt stays between now and 9/30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.