Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for 3Q 2010 Summer Promo??? (Speculation Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 5:11 am

Programs: AAEXP 3+MM, Marriott Plt and Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond
More confusion. I just saw this on AA.com

You must register to get the bonus of 2,500 miles per stay:

http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=30KAA

Does this combine with this promo are we now able to get 3500 miles per stay????

I am registered for both plans.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:02 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by futureacnp
*confused*

Can we get this bonus in addition to this promo?

Can someone clarify?
Originally Posted by flyinghome
More confusion. I just saw this on AA.com

You must register to get the bonus of 2,500 miles per stay:

http://goldpassport.com/gp/en/aa/off..._mbr_src=30KAA

Does this combine with this promo are we now able to get 3500 miles per stay????

I am registered for both plans.
I don't think that AA is really part of this promotion of 1k per night up to 30 nights since I couldn't find an AA registration by modifying the registration for this promotion like you can for the other airlines. There is obviously the 30KAA promo but not a AA30K promo (unlike UA30K).

So its not stackable - and you are limited to one choice per stay points or miles with 1 airline since I really don't think that you can pick more than 1 airline with a particular stay.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:20 am

Ok - in an effort for housekeeping purposes:

please only discuss promo speculation in this thread - eg another round of FFNs?

otherwise:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...0-15-10-a.html for AA

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-30-ua30k.html for UA and other airlines
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
If you're earning 1000 AA miles per night and 2500 per stay, why wouldn't these be stackable? I'm a newbie to Hyatt promotions but you'd separately register for both of them, which one would you get if not both?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by gleff
If you're earning 1000 AA miles per night and 2500 per stay, why wouldn't these be stackable? I'm a newbie to Hyatt promotions but you'd separately register for both of them, which one would you get if not both?
I could be wrong but I don't think you can register for the 1000 AA miles per night - the signup code is XX30K for all airlines except for XX = AA doesn't work.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by peteropny
I could be wrong but I don't think you can register for the 1000 AA miles per night - the signup code is XX30K for all airlines except for XX = AA doesn't work.
Hmm...any way someone can confirm which is correct?

Either way, I've got 18 more stays to Diamond status this year that I wasn't planning on mattress running for; but if the 3rd quarter promo is the same FFN 1 for 2 stays deal, I'm going to have to. If these promos are stackable, i'd be looking at something like 72,000 AA miles, 9 FFN, 12,000 Hyatt pts (platinum extras), and diamond status through Feb 2012 for about $1,500 (and of course a bunch of hours running from hotel to hotel).

Anyone know when the 3rd quarter promo is typically announced?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:01 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Lights on anyone home at Hyatt ?

Yes this UA30K is stackable with the UA Elite 2500 promo - despite what others may post I really don't see how other airlines' XX30K promo can stack with the UA Elite one.
Without taking a cheap shot at Hyatt does it amaze anyone else that as helpful as some of the Hyatt folks try to be on or off a public forum
they can barely follow-up answers on some basic questions about a promotion within a month’s time or longer typically?
Other than stating their basic promotional offerings. Whatever happened to a 3 working/business day follow-up?
Hyatt simply fades into the sunset and you never hear from them again
I called last night and was assured that promotions are not stackable/combinable under any circumstance

When I challenged the response as a test with the very nice agent (I do not even use United as a frequent flyer program anymore incidentally) the agent replied well at least I think so
I would say this professional hospitality company with a elite/top tier help desk not only get more internal training but on the whole needs to do a lot better communicating
with a Q & A section if they have no way of training the folks that answer the phones as Diamond top tier agents. Even the nice folks that kindly assist in these forums seem to go deaf dumb and silent when asked further questions.

It’s interesting to note that when it’s seriously in Hyatt’s best interest (or at least they believe so) with its most popular promotions and they have something to gain they do and can get very specific out of thin air.
Then the legal mumbo jumbo not only spells out in clarity what is eligible but that Phantom Stays (a fictitious name coined by Flyertalkers and their own Gold Passport guests)
won’t count toward eligibility on free nights
I mean really who is leading who? I find this comical and embarrassing for Hyatt as much as I respect the program and so many of the folks that work for the company

At the end of the day what does it take for someone in Omaha and in a timely manner to shoot an email over to Chicago or just pick up the phone for an official response that clears up confusion and goes a long way to making greatly satisfied customers of Hyatt and its Gold Passport program
Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I would guess the real answer in this case is, no, wasn't meant to be stackable, but that's hard on our IT staff to implement, so go ahead and try, you might get everything

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Without taking a cheap shot at Hyatt does it amaze anyone else that as helpful as some of the Hyatt folks try to be on or off a public forum
they can barely follow-up answers on some basic questions about a promotion within a month’s time or longer typically?
Other than stating their basic promotional offerings. Whatever happened to a 3 working/business day follow-up?
Hyatt simply fades into the sunset and you never hear from them again
I called last night and was assured that promotions are not stackable/combinable under any circumstance

When I challenged the response as a test with the very nice agent (I do not even use United as a frequent flyer program anymore incidentally) the agent replied well at least I think so
I would say this professional hospitality company with a elite/top tier help desk not only get more internal training but on the whole needs to do a lot better communicating
with a Q & A section if they have no way of training the folks that answer the phones as Diamond top tier agents. Even the nice folks that kindly assist in these forums seem to go deaf dumb and silent when asked further questions.

It’s interesting to note that when it’s seriously in Hyatt’s best interest (or at least they believe so) with its most popular promotions and they have something to gain they do and can get very specific out of thin air.
Then the legal mumbo jumbo not only spells out in clarity what is eligible but that Phantom Stays (a fictitious name coined by Flyertalkers and their own Gold Passport guests)
won’t count toward eligibility on free nights
I mean really who is leading who? I find this comical and embarrassing for Hyatt as much as I respect the program and so many of the folks that work for the company

At the end of the day what does it take for someone in Omaha and in a timely manner to shoot an email over to Chicago or just pick up the phone for an official response that clears up confusion and goes a long way to making greatly satisfied customers of Hyatt and its Gold Passport program
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:05 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 4aks
I would guess the real answer in this case is, no, wasn't meant to be stackable, but that's hard on our IT staff to implement, so go ahead and try, you might get everything
Thanks for the thoughts
I personally have nothing to stack/double dip/gain here as I am not earning Mileage Plus miles
Others may gain here though.I was simply making an overview when Hyatt is faced with questions from their customers in general
The Hyatt Check Certificates may be a classic case in point here of never ending questions.Certainly no one in Omaha nor the hotels is fully on the same page
Sorry to get off topic
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
You need to call in for the American 1K miles per the Hyatt Gold Concierge (the link is in this thread).
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by futureacnp
*confused*

Can we get this bonus in addition to this promo?

Can someone clarify?
I see no reason why you can't. I signed up for both.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:32 pm

The GP concierge posted this this morning:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14304949-post385.html

'According to our GP management, it is possible to enroll in both 30KAA and
TP30K2010.

Happy Travels,

Nick H."
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by mirobatka

TP30K2010.
I know - I'm still skeptical - hope I"m wrong!!!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
This has been relocated to this topic.

From June 15, 2010 through September 30, 2010 (yes this night does count) our Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn 1,000 bonus miles per NIGHT (in addition to the 500 miles they can earn per stay) for a maximum of 30 nights! (WN members will earn 1 bonus credit on top of their 0.5 credits per stay)

Both existing and NEW Gold Passport members can register to participate in the promotion. Remember it is only valid for guests who choose miles for the stay and pay and Eligible rate. If you need clarification on this feel free to ask. Simply ask to enroll in TP30K2010 (using your preferred program).

Here are the Participating Programs
AA-American Airlines ()
2v-Amtrak
JL- Japan Airlines
NH- All Nippon Airways
QJ- Jet Airways
TA-Thai Airways
UA-United Airlines
US-US Airways
WN-Southwest Airlines

Happy Flying Everyone!!!

Nick H.

Our Q3 Promo has not been released yet. So we might as well offer you something while you wait!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP: 2.0MM
30KAA & TP30K2010 both posted to my account

Originally Posted by mirobatka

TP30K2010.

Happy Travels,

Nick H."
I can confirm that you will get credited for both promos: 30KAA & TP30K2010

Take a look at my account history and let me know if I've got it right:

I registered for TP30K2010 yesterday. When I checked my account today, I noticed that I received an additional 1000 bonus miles for each of my previous stays, going back to June 18th.

Also note that the 30KAA promo only posted 2000 bonus miles, instead of 2500. Not sure what's going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.