Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt ends newspapers at guest room doors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt ends newspapers at guest room doors

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:29 pm

They should just make it a preference and deliver to those who want it. The only time I look at my paper is if it's Sunday. But even then I'm only looking for the ads.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
PH Istanbul still delivered it.

I usually tell the people at the reception that I don't want one. I read most of my news on the Internet nowadays.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
My preference would be if the FD would offer a choice of 500 pts or the paper delivered at check-in time. There are stays where I know I won't really use/need the paper, and others where I really enjoy reading the paper in the morning. And yes, I get a lot of my news via the internet (iPad nowdays), but I do enjoy a real paper, too.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
First come first served at the front desk or Regency Club or if the hotel
Is willing to honor a request
I thought it was cost cutting and sloppy policies however I was told
It's their green policy
How did I miss the official policy change announcement ?
Agent from Hyatt Guest Relations said policy has been in place some time
Over 30 stays so far this year and received the WSJ every time
If it is a change in policy, none of the Hyatt properties I regularly stay at have implemented it yet...
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:02 pm

Mixed results for me...

Received paper at door while at HR Reston on Sat AM (in a suite, though I don't know if it's relevant). PH DC got paper at door, too. Mixed results on other properties. Didn't get the sense of a policy change, just property application... In fact, forgot paper at HR Reston and, despite dearth of papers in lobby/near elevators/etc., was able t get dupe at Hyatt Regency Dulles, cut fresh from bundle (Thanks, Norka!)

Don't get the sense of any official policy change, just the usual SOP...
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Based on the replies here it seems like a number of hotels are deciding to do whatever they want regardless of individual guest preferences.Some doing newspapapers just as expected.
There are obviously hotels not following the option/policy of Hyatt if the agent I spoke with is accurate in the first place
So if the hotel can save $$ and deny guests their choice of paper they than have apparently have an out..........

My feelings on this is if they aren't going to take care of my preferences (and select newspapers are important to me) at least give me the option to purchase one in house........I do not want to go to Barnes and Noble to buy my paper because a hotel is too lazy or cheap to stock a reasonable supply of newspapers........ it is a time waster.

Hyatt Place seems to have the least consistency of available newspapers in my own experience
Perhaps it is best to find a hotel that will service my needs when it is most important to be up to date...........Its helpful when I am flying as if my hotel lets me down the airport is certain to solve the problem with a well stocked club lounge before boarding or a nearby newspaper stand
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
My preference would be if the FD would offer a choice of 500 pts or the paper delivered at check-in time.
I think the option right now is 75c refund if you refuse paper delivery.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
HR Perth still delivered papers to my door for the last.... 2 months!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: AA, CO, EVA, UA, Hyatt PLT, SPG
the HR O'hare still delivered the paper when I was there Jun 3-7,
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Dirt, WN, enjoy managing hubby's AA Plat, CO Gold, and Hyatt Diamond accts
HP Raleigh-Durham Airport left a WSH at my door this weekend.

Want to talk about a waste? How about the Saturday/Sunday Weekend edition of a paper delivered to you on both Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
WSJ GH NYC today (Club floor). Berlin - on the weekdays last week (suite). Hyatt Hamburg - left too early so don't know.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:39 am

This morning at the HR San Francisco - a Wall Street Journal at the door, a San Francisco Chronicle in the elevator lobby, and a New York Times and USA Today in the Regency Club.

(btw, nice hotel)
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Unless the paper is Financial Times, WSJ, NY Times, or quality local I coudn't care less. I absolutely do not want the McPaper aka USAToday.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I had paper delivered at the SF Regency this past Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and even the Sunday paper, never even touched them. I like the new policy no paper, as I now read the news on my new ipad. I think it's a good step save some trees!!!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I had paper delivered at the SF Regency this past Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and even the Sunday paper, never even touched them. I like the new policy no paper, as I now read the news on my new ipad. I think it's a good step save some trees!!!
How about we STOP using the word GREEN and say cost cutting instead...If anyone really wants to go GREEN, how about stop living in a house/hotel with A/C, car or stop using electronics. It does more damage to the world than newspaper's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.