Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Amenity/Points on Award Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Amenity/Points on Award Stay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage - Platinum
Diamond Welcome Amenity + DIamond Trial bonus points

I'm on a diamond trial and the acknowledgement email states that I get 1000 points on each of my first 6 eligible nights (up to 6 nights). Does anyone know if this would be on top of the 1000 points welcome amenity if I choose that upon check-in at a Hyatt?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by susmaryosep
I'm on a diamond trial and the acknowledgement email states that I get 1000 points on each of my first 6 eligible nights (up to 6 nights). Does anyone know if this would be on top of the 1000 points welcome amenity if I choose that upon check-in at a Hyatt?

Thanks!

In addition to. It will be listed as a diamond amenity bonus if you look at the "View Details" section of the booking once the points post.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm staying at the Hyatt Churchill in London on an award stay (2 nights, check out 3rd October 2014). When I checked in, I was informed that I must take the food amenity and points were not available to me because 'I did not register on my profile that I want the points amenity.' That's a new one for me! Can anyone else confirm that this is correct: you need to register in advance whether you want points or food amenity. Maybe this is something new for award stays? I cannot even find a place in my profile on the Hyatt website to register this. Thanks for your input!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I'm staying at the Hyatt Churchill in London on an award stay (2 nights, check out 3rd October 2014). When I checked in, I was informed that I must take the food amenity and points were not available to me because 'I did not register on my profile that I want the points amenity.' That's a new one for me! Can anyone else confirm that this is correct: you need to register in advance whether you want points or food amenity. Maybe this is something new for award stays? I cannot even find a place in my profile on the Hyatt website to register this. Thanks for your input!
What registration

Seriously, just contact CS afterwards and you should get 1,500 points since the 1,000 did not post.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:20 pm
D93

With the new "Guest of Honor" diamond booking option. Who gets the 1,000 point amenity, the diamond who booked it, or the "Guest of Honor"?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Probably nobody will..... The e-mail mentiones the in-hotel benefits are to be had by the goh.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
From the wording ("special welcome amenity"), it seems like they will not offer the pt option for the Diamond amenity on these stays.

Rather makes sense; if you're gifting a stay to someone and want it to be special, giving the guest a welcome amenity would seem more appropriate than giving the account holder 1000 pts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.