Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Paris: Hotel Madeleine vs HR Paris Etoile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Quick question....I could book either a standard room at the Hyatt Hotel Madeleine for 29k a night or a regency executive suite at the HR Paris Etoile for 30k a night for an upcoming trip for my wife and I. Any thoughts on which direction we should go? Larger room or better location?? We are Globalists if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Last edited by NJTeacher; May 3, 2022 at 6:51 pm
Old May 3, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Have only stayed at the HR between the two, but the Madeleine is in a more central/tourist-friendly location....I only stay at the HR for business expense purposes
Old May 3, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The HR was my go to property until I got my apartment.
Old May 3, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Quick question....I could book either a standard room at the Hyatt Hotel Madeleine for 29k a night or a regency executive suite at the HR Paris Etoile for 30k a night for an upcoming trip for my wife and I. Any thoughts on which direction we should go? Larger room or better location?? We are Globalists if that makes any difference. Thanks!
We recently spent a week in Paris and split our time between the Park Hyatt and Regency. We decided if we went back, we would stay at the Regency Etoile again. We found the location fine. We bought transit passes and it seemed easier to go from the Regency to some of the outer attractions (like Versailles and La Grande Arche). It was still walkable to the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower. The view of the tower was fantastic, and we appreciated having the club for drinks and snacks.
luvFclass likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Etoile does have nice views of the Eiffel Tower from many rooms. But the suites are nothing special IIRC.

It is also relevant whether this is your 20th trip to Paris or your 1st. In the latter scenario, location matters much more than room size.
NJTeacher and GUWonder like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've used all the properties Hyatt has in Paris. They've all worked out for me. But unless the lounge access is important, I'd choose the Madeleine over Etoile.

1st time trip to Paris? Then I'd suggest going with the more tourist-central location of the Madeleine.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I have also stayed at all the Hyatt properties in Paris (not the airport). HR Etoile is the one I stayed at most often because it's much cheaper than the others and I like Eiffel Tower view.

I did not find location of Madeleine to be that central to tourist sights. Park Hyatt and Hotel du Louvre have better locations. I would select HdL over Madeleine at the same category. Breakfast at Madeleine and HdL will both be much better than at HR Etoile.
NJTeacher, GUWonder and PETERPNYC like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:42 pm

It‘s maybe a stupid reason, but if you are collecting brands for WoH‘s Brand Explorer, the HYATT Madeleine belongs to a rare brand, at least for people outside of the US or India.
NJTeacher and PETERPNYC like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Not stupid, that is one of the reasons why I am leaning that way!
thbe and luvFclass like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Not stupid, that is one of the reasons why I am leaning that way!
Where did you end up staying, and how was your experience?
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

I actually have ended up staying at each (at different times) since my initial post. They were both good, but I think if I had to pick I might just save the points and go with the HR. The Madeleine was in a great location but we were given the smallest room I have ever been booked in (as a Globalist). That being said, it may have just been a one off but it turned us off to the property. Meanwhile, the HR is much further and in a less touristic area, we enjoyed a larger more modern room with a great view of the Eiffel Tower and with quick access to the metro could get everywhere in the city very quickly. Again, if this was my first trip I guess I would pick the Madeleine based on its location, but on return stays I'll save the points.
Kacee, JoeWoodstock and CIT85 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.