Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Welcome Amenities at HP/SS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold

Since reaching Diamo nd in Feb, I stayed at 5 different Hyatt Place & Summerfield Suites and not one front desk clerk automatically asked me to choose my welcome amenities upon check-in. It's stupid to ask every time I check in, don't you think? I just checked out of the Summerfield at Richardson near Dallas and upon check out the front desk clerk had no idea what I was talking about. What the heck? I know by call GP they will credit it back but to me it's a waste of time. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
On HP I always get gift bag coupon and 500 pts.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:07 pm

Every time I have to call for the amenity bonus points. And it took 15 min for an agent to figure out that the AA promo miles and the amenity points could be granted at the same time.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Never got I it offered at checkin, but when I call never have a problem getting my 500 pts.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
HP recently hire lots of new FD persons lately, they still not familiar with Diamond yet, ask at check out to have it put on, I have been lucky with no problem with it.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
I find phone calls take way too much time. Even simple requests turn into long, drawn out negotiations with agents who just don't understand the policies and have to turn to a supervisor every 2 minutes. Instead, I just VERY clearly email my requests every 2 weeks or so (missing points, switching GP points to miles, etc broken down by property, date, and day) and generally, they're actioned without any issues.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:39 pm

HP/SS is very frustrating when it comes to the Diamond amenities.
I certainly hope over time, things will improve

Originally Posted by eddie1973
Since reaching Diamo nd in Feb, I stayed at 5 different Hyatt Place & Summerfield Suites and not one front desk clerk automatically asked me to choose my welcome amenities upon check-in. It's stupid to ask every time I check in, don't you think? I just checked out of the Summerfield at Richardson near Dallas and upon check out the front desk clerk had no idea what I was talking about. What the heck? I know by call GP they will credit it back but to me it's a waste of time. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
This is a really property specific issue that has been discussed a number of times here in the past. I have only used 3 different HP's during their existence, and I have always gotten my points (without a call). Several times, I have gotten an amenity as well. Please look at the program T&C's as they pertain to HP's and SS's, as they may be a bit different than FS Hyatts.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:03 am

I was asked if I want 500 points or gift bag at a HSS. I chose points. Let's see if they are gonna post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.