Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Customer Service Problems at Gold Passport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

My Fellow Travelers

Has anyone out there been having trouble with Hyatt GP. I have been put on hold for long periods of time and there is this issue with poor customer service and "smarmy" agents and managers. Moreover, they can't seem to get promotions right. Why spend my time, money and resources with Hyatt. Is being a DIAMOND GIRL that important anymore? In my opinion it is not and after this year I am likely to say HASTA to Hyatt!

Starwood I am such a fan! Keep up the good work and the stellar customer service. I will never give up my plat. status. I have noticed how well you treat your customers and Tristan is a good advocate for Platinum members along with the LURKER, of course.

Cheers!
Old May 25, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I never had any problems with hyatt customer service,but i might have been lucky. I think there are always good agent and bad ones and I usally dont base my descison if I am going to stay at a certain hotel chain based on there telephone reps. It my main focus is the service at the hotel I am staying at.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by UBTRAVELING
My Fellow Travelers

Has anyone out there been having trouble with Hyatt GP. I have been put on hold for long periods of time and there is this issue with poor customer service and "smarmy" agents and managers. Moreover, they can't seem to get promotions right. Why spend my time, money and resources with Hyatt. Is being a DIAMOND GIRL that important anymore? In my opinion it is not and after this year I am likely to say HASTA to Hyatt!

Starwood I am such a fan! Keep up the good work and the stellar customer service. I will never give up my plat. status. I have noticed how well you treat your customers and Tristan is a good advocate for Platinum members along with the LURKER, of course.

Cheers!
Never had an issue with Hyatt GP, have fun with SPG, wondering if you can promise you will not stay at a Hyatt ever again in your life?
Old May 25, 2010, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The problem is that there aren't any "Diamond" agents around. All the calls are routed to the same "cross trained" (not) agents that handle reservations etc.

Wonder why the Hyatt wants to give out an "illusion" about the Diamond line when the agents are the same that take all calls?
Old May 25, 2010, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

So true. Its all smoke and mirrors. The entire program has become so utterly useless in my mind. Thanks for the post. Wish they would get the message and get some good agents again. There was a time when they had some but those days are long since gone and so far away.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:03 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Platinum Liaison as SPG is equally woeful, even with dedicated agents. Hyatt can be hit and miss, but once you accept it, life is much easier
Old May 25, 2010, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

No need to accept the bad service with hyatt. I will go else where. Why should we just settle. Its a sad state when after countless calls and attempts to speak to managers the results are the same--shoddy. So with that in mind, don't want to participate in any more of their promotions...
Old May 25, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
On the contrary

On the contrary to the OP and others, I've received timely and favorable resolution to any problems I've had with Hyatt. Hyatt in my view excels in customer service and has certainly won my loyalty.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
We must be exceptionally spoilt in Asia, never have a problem. I do try to get one of three very good operators that base themselves in Australia. This month they have slotted me into the best rooms I have ever had, without using a suite upgrade, at the Park Hyatt and the Grand Hyatts. Further more they were able to get me a base rate substantially lower than the website

Sometimes, you have to pick your mark...

I was talking to a wiry nervous type at the Park, thought to myself, I bet this character can get me a couple of FFN at the Vendome, wound him up, said it was impossible, and within 4 hours he came back with 2 nights. Ended up extending the stay to 4 nights using awards and it's in peak summer.

It is a game, and you have to play it, otherwise you will be treated no different to the hordes they see coming and going everyday.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Its a game of BS here in the states. Maybe we can outsource the GP Division here in the states and we can tap into the friendly customer service you described there in Asia. Afterall, what do we have to lose.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Smile

I couldn't be happier with the customer service I've received from Hyatt and their promotions lately have blown the other chains away. I guess it's hit or miss like other companies but I've only had hits with the hotel staff and phone agents. Hyatt takes care of their loyal customers.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

I am happy you have had a good experience with Hyatt...As for their promotions and point earning potential and value I will stick with SPG.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:17 pm

Its a game of BS here in the states. Maybe we can outsource the GP Division here in the states and we can tap into the friendly customer service you described there in Asia. Afterall, what do we have to lose.
You have been on FT for five years and spent more time today posting complaints about Hyatt GP then you have spent on FT in all of those 5 years. I would have thought that in those years we would have heard more about your great experiences with SPG. But the only one I could find was where you got a number of SPG points for bad service at the pool.

Sorry that you did not get what you wanted to achieve in your call to GP CS, but the GP program is still the best program running hands down! Those of us that have been around a while know that at times it takes a few extra phone calls to get what we are due, or what we are trying to achieve done. But at the end of the day their promotions can't be beat. So enjoy your 3 stays for a free weekend night and good luck.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA,AA
I am happy you have had a good experience with Hyatt...As for their promotions and point earning potential and value I will stick with SPG.
I am sorry you have bad CS with Hyatt, care to tell us what happen with your stays or points?

I am happy with Hyatt and will keep booking my stay with Hyatt
Old May 25, 2010, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Well glad you can count and thank you for your words of wisdom BBB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.