Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which properties would you recommend for using Suite Upgrade Certificates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

This is basically a two approach question:

1.) Which hotels have great suites that are eligible for certificate use?

...and, on a different approach...

2.) Since the use of upgrade certificates is only applicable to paid Hyatt rates, are there any lower cost properties (say, for arguments sake, under $150 a night) that have valuable upgrades? I.e., which hotel(s) provide the best bang for your buck on upgrade certs?

I'm aware that just because a suite type is eligible doesn not mean that it will be available during the time of a reserved stay. Also, if you could cite a domestic (U.S.) and international example for each question, that'd be great!

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:36 pm

I will try to use upgrade at the new Hong Kong Hyatt. on a week of fireworks display.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: status-less.
We were quite satisfied with the suite upgrades received from Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay (rate < $150/nt, they put us in a Chesapeake Suite) and the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay (again, < $150/nt, put us in the far end Nava Del Rey Casita Suite right next to the restaurant & pool). The latter isn't a particularly fancy overall property but it was the nice, big, quiet suite we wanted at the time.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: Conti Plat/1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
My favorite places that I have used the upgrades are at the Park Hyatt Seoul and Andaz WeHo.

I am also looking forward to using them in Hong Kong.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:02 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

In terms of the top of the line places: Park Hyatts in Tokyo, Paris, Milan, and Chicago, among the ones I've been to. Contrary to the above poster, I don't think the suites in at the PH Seoul are as good a deal and I cannot imagine blowing a certificate on any Andaz -- but then I haven't seen the suite in West Hollywood as it wasn't available when we had our DO there.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:40 pm

There are some hotels, for sure, where the suites sell for many times the price of the regular rooms - in Shanghai, for instance, the Park Hyatt's Park Suite often goes for around three times the price of the regular rooms, and is over twice the size. Good use. In London, a single room at the Andaz can often be had for around $150 at weekends - and the certificate will upgrade that four categories to a suite that goes for $400 or so.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
PH Shanghai ^
Regular rooms go for <3000CNY/night while the gorgeous park suite is usually >8000CNY/night!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:54 pm
Community Director Emerita

This is a great resource thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you for the link - and on that note I'm going to lock this thread since otherwise we'll have 2 discussions going - note that on the other thread please try to limit "chit chat" otherwise it will cease to be useful.

Thanks!!

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.