Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Four Seasons Aviara to become Park Hyatt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Aviara to become Park Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Our stay continues to go well. We have 3 more days to go. The hotel is very empty - occupancy has got to be in the 20% range or thereabouts. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. today me, my wife and our kids were the only people at the pool besides one other couple with a child. It got a little busier after that, but its dead slow here generally.

The pool people were a little more attentive yesterday and today. And they are certainly nice (have been from day 1 - as distinguished from motivated, that is).

I culled a little more information from a few staff discussions. 85% of the staff of appx. 500 are staying on; 85% of the management team is leaving and being replaced by Hyatt management, though certain managers are staying - including some of the restaurant managers and the pertinent chefs. The staff are "really happy" with Hyatt because Hyatt has "done them right" on just about everything. A few people told me this. For example, Hyatt made sure everyone vested into all the benefit plans with their seniority based on their Four Seasons start date, versus resetting everyone. The people I have spoken with state that Hyatt has been extremely fair in almost every little regard such as this.

Little things are happening. Painting is going on. The suits are still all around. Checks at the pool bar must be written out manually by hand. I guess computer systems are being crossed over.

I'll continue to post more if I hear more interesting things.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by thesilb
Our stay continues to go well. We have 3 more days to go. The hotel is very empty - occupancy has got to be in the 20% range or thereabouts. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. today me, my wife and our kids were the only people at the pool besides one other couple with a child. It got a little busier after that, but its dead slow here generally.

The pool people were a little more attentive yesterday and today. And they are certainly nice (have been from day 1 - as distinguished from motivated, that is).

I culled a little more information from a few staff discussions. 85% of the staff of appx. 500 are staying on; 85% of the management team is leaving and being replaced by Hyatt management, though certain managers are staying - including some of the restaurant managers and the pertinent chefs. The staff are "really happy" with Hyatt because Hyatt has "done them right" on just about everything. A few people told me this. For example, Hyatt made sure everyone vested into all the benefit plans with their seniority based on their Four Seasons start date, versus resetting everyone. The people I have spoken with state that Hyatt has been extremely fair in almost every little regard such as this.

Little things are happening. Painting is going on. The suits are still all around. Checks at the pool bar must be written out manually by hand. I guess computer systems are being crossed over.

I'll continue to post more if I hear more interesting things.
Thanks for the information...I'm hoping all these kinks get worked out by the time we stay there over NYE...it sounds like they're on the right path!^

Keep the updates coming!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Well, T-Minus 28 hours and counting.

Things are really moving now. On floor 1 tonight, Hyatt people are swarming around starting to convert the rooms. The guests have all been moved off floor, looks like. Carts full of brand new robes, in-room advertising cards, etc. People are excited. "Who's doing room inspections?", they shout. Everything branded Four Seasons, and there is a lot of it, assumedly will be crossed in the next 28 hours or so. Things on sale: Lamont's gift shop had FS branded merchandise at escalating discounts through the week. Last call was 75% off; only a few FS hats and some golf balls remain. Spa has everything branded 50% off. Out with the old, and in with the new.

The resort has been at 22-28% occupancy this week and went to 37% last evening for father's day weekend. Its slow here, but a little brisker than over the past week. There were some new faces at the pool today. More helpful than over the past days. Really no service issues here over the past 4 days or so. Maybe they read this and have us spotted. The new GM seems like a nice guy. He's been in the restaurant every morning. My littlest girl is in a phase and eats almost nothing but watermelon. He had some nice comments. The Seattle Hyatts IMO have always run like clockwork. This place probably will, too.

Reflecting on our stay, we'll be back. Its a terrific property for people like us: we live in California, love resorts, and have small kids. We go to Kauai (or sometime Maui) Hyatts 4-6 times a year, but often are looking for that something perfect that's a little closer and easier. This is that property.

People here seem pretty happy and excited about the cross over. I'm sure that others will soon be posting reviews of this place "as" a real Park Hyatt; we got a little bit of a preview and from that preview, I'm expecting that the Hyatt crowd is going to give this place a thumbs up.

Special thanks to Hyatt for working out our "week at the Four Seasons"! OK, over and out.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Great reports, thesilb. I'm glad to hear that overall the stay was satisfying, that the Hyatt team is making its mark, and that we will see you in the neighborhood again.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I was going to stay on Monday night, but decided I better wait a few weeks. Keep up the updates. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Try to book using BWB for July 4th weekend, it was not available.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karung99
Try to book using BWB for July 4th weekend, it was not available.
It is very busy on that weekend. No Park Room available.@:-)

Please note: There will be a special fireworks event at Park Hyatt Aviara on July 4th open to registered hotel guests and guests with confirmed dining reservations. Reservations arriving on 7/4 or guests returning to the resort may experience delays at security checkpoints.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Currently booked for July 7-10, all on BWB. Eagerly awaiting word from anyone arriving before that about what to expect (now that it is officially a Hyatt).
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dashark
Currently booked for July 7-10, all on BWB. Eagerly awaiting word from anyone arriving before that about what to expect (now that it is officially a Hyatt).
I booked July 2-5 using BWB at the end of last month. Hopefully will get some more reviews before then but I'll try and give a quick review when I'm there.

I am looking forward to it though, and yes we will be there with kids and going to Legoland.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:33 pm

Hey. Guys. I am going to stay at Aviara this July. How easy is it to get around the area? Is Taxi easy to get? I am thinking about going to La Costa and the shopping mall near by. I do not want to rent a car though. TIA
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Setven567
Hey. Guys. I am going to stay at Aviara this July. How easy is it to get around the area? Is Taxi easy to get? I am thinking about going to La Costa and the shopping mall near by. I do not want to rent a car though. TIA
This property is in my neighborhood. I really can't imagine wanting to do things off property without a rental car. Taxis are few and far between. Yes, it is possible to call one. Yes, I suppose if you only want to go a couple places it could be done with a taxi. But in my personal opinion, it would be frustrating.

Perhaps you should call the property and ask if they provide any car service themselves. The places you want to go are within 5 miles of the hotel, and perhaps they can provided the necessary transport. I know that La Costa Hotel & Spa has a fleet of limos for their guests.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:44 pm

Thank you for speedy reply. I think a rental car maybe a good idea.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:54 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Now that this property is now Hyatt - please continue discussions at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...er-thread.html - I'll lock this thread.

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.