Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington, DC, Area FFN Mattress Runners

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by srodr
Must be Ming...he is awesome. But I can't imagine staying at a different hotel just because he's on vacation!
We live near VA Beach, so we decided to do the Chesapeake and Richmond HP's instead. Much closer to home.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by yaromac
Bethesda had a ~$100 AAA rate so I decided to bite for variety (it's about $80 after you use the Costco certs). I have to say, rather run down, tired/damp smelling rooms, slow, slow, slow elevators, overrun by high school kids (probably the time of year) and breakfast is a cart in the lobby! Was assigned a room opposite the elevator/next to the ice machines, even though I am Diamond, and it says in the requests "quiet room please". No upgrade of any kind. Dulles is still my favorite - I wouldn't come back here. Also $10 to park.
Thanks for the heads up on Bethesda. We were considering this one for a future stay. Not anymore. I agree that Dulles is a favorite. As a matter of fact, we are heading up to Dulles again this weekend. We will be at Dulles Saturday night and HSS Sunday night.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Travel_Queen
We live near VA Beach, so we decided to do the Chesapeake and Richmond HP's instead. Much closer to home.
Those hotels are almost twice as much as Dulles last I check, if you can find cheaper rates, then $100 a night, let me know
Old May 24, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Hyatt Dulles Memorial Day Weekend

Rooms available on AAA rate with breakfast for $59.25 + tax.
Old May 25, 2010, 1:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Great rates for the holiday weekend coming up! Staying in town this year and looking forward to the 4-night run.

Friday - Hyatt Place Dulles East ($48 LTO)
Saturday - Hyatt IAD ($59 AAA)
Sunday - Hyatt Place Dulles East ($49 LTO)
Monday - Hyatt Fair Lakes ($67 AAA)

Out of those, I think only the Hyatt IAD rate is still available. Anyone else running some Hyatts this weekend?
Old May 25, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by avja
Rooms available on AAA rate with breakfast for $59.25 + tax.
Darn, I'll be out of town again and miss out...
Old May 25, 2010, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
Those hotels are almost twice as much as Dulles last I check, if you can find cheaper rates, then $100 a night, let me know
Here are the going rates for this weekend:

Raleigh North HP - $79 AAA rate on Friday, 5/28
Raleigh RDU HP- $89 AAA rate on 5/28
HP Richmond HP Innsbrook - $87 AAA rate on 5/28
HP Chesapeake - $101 AAA rate on 5/28

RDU is closer than Dulles for us and they actually have 2 HPs near the airport. You can often find decent rates near the HP Richmond airport on weekends, too. Last weekend the rates were $87.

I drive an SUV, so I have to take gas into account when I'm doing these MRs. It costs me a full tank of gas ($50) roundtrip to do a Dulles run plus the cost of the hotels. I found a rate of $93 last weekend at Chesapeake HP and $63 at RDU. With gas, it was cheaper to do this than to drive the extra 66 miles (RT) to Dulles.

I can split out 2 stays at Greenbrier over 2 weekends for $202 ($162 with the Hyatt certs) and $0 for gas vs. $63/nt at Dulles plus $50 in gas and 4 hours driving time. It comes out to roughly the same thing, just no wear and tear on my truck and no gas for option 1.

I hope this helps.
Old May 26, 2010, 7:05 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Great rates for the holiday weekend coming up! Staying in town this year and looking forward to the 4-night run.

Out of those, I think only the Hyatt IAD rate is still available. Anyone else running some Hyatts this weekend?
Looks exactly like my IAD Hyatt run this weekend.
Old May 27, 2010, 1:43 pm

If I use the costco certs as payment, can i handle it at check in? I won't be around the next morning to check out.
Old May 27, 2010, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Am considering a IAD matressrun this weekend
need 15 stays to diamond from my platinum.
Is it worth it?
- to upgrade to diamond from plat that is.
Old May 27, 2010, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
Am considering a IAD matressrun this weekend
need 15 stays to diamond from my platinum.
Is it worth it?
- to upgrade to diamond from plat that is.
Sure.
Old May 27, 2010, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by AAflyguy
If I use the costco certs as payment, can i handle it at check in? I won't be around the next morning to check out.
It depends entirely on the hotel. Some may accept them at check-in, others may not. You may want to check with the individual property just in case. We haven't tried to use the certs at check-in simply because we always stay for breakfast. But we may look into doing this so we can use the kiosk.

If you are able to do it beforehand, please let us know which property it is.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:41 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Travel_Queen
It depends entirely on the hotel. Some may accept them at check-in, others may not. You may want to check with the individual property just in case. We haven't tried to use the certs at check-in simply because we always stay for breakfast. But we may look into doing this so we can use the kiosk.

If you are able to do it beforehand, please let us know which property it is.
I have never had any problem having the cert credited at checkin. HR Dulles, HP Fremont, HP Dublin, HR Waikiki, HP lakeland. (Sure that doesn't help you much.) In fact, I usually give the checkin agent the cert with my ID and don't give them a CC before they credit the cert.
Old May 27, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs

Does LTO mean Limited Time Offer? Is this something that is typically offered a few times a year or was this a one-shot wonder offer?
Old May 28, 2010, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
I have never had any problem having the cert credited at checkin. HR Dulles, HP Fremont, HP Dublin, HR Waikiki, HP lakeland. (Sure that doesn't help you much.) In fact, I usually give the checkin agent the cert with my ID and don't give them a CC before they credit the cert.
That is good to know. However, I have read here on FT that some locations would not allow these at check-in, possibly in an effort to discourage MRs where guests do not actually occupy the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.