Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
From the first post in this thread:
But what if one of the stays is an award stay and the other was a paid eligible stay, would the "pay" stay receive credit? Can one be in two places if one is award (with no credit for staying) but one being paid with credit?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:39 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by A-Game
But what if one of the stays is an award stay and the other was a paid eligible stay, would the "pay" stay receive credit? Can one be in two places if one is award (with no credit for staying) but one being paid with credit?
Hi A-Game,

You would get stay credit at whichever hotel you physically stay at, regardless of whether it is a paying stay or an awards stay.

Hope this helps.

Geoff B.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Sorry in advance for this question, I know it has been answered before, but I just couldn't find it. Can I use one of my suite upgrades to upgrade someone if I'm not staying at the property?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:23 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Sorry in advance for this question, I know it has been answered before, but I just couldn't find it. Can I use one of my suite upgrades to upgrade someone if I'm not staying at the property?
No.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
Suite upgrade

I just used one of my suite upgrades at the Manchester Hyatt in San Diego. I think they spelled it wrong...it should have be SWEET! Nice room wow....and great service too! ^^
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:04 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by gpscuba2000
I just used one of my suite upgrades at the Manchester Hyatt in San Diego. I think they spelled it wrong...it should have be SWEET! Nice room wow....and great service too! ^^
Would you mind sharing a bit more about your experience in either the official confirmed suite upgrade thread or the master review thread for the Manchester Grand Hyatt? It's very helpful for others to compare experiences and to help set expectations for what is an infrequent benefit.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
Hi Baliktad,

Absolutely.....I'll post on one of your referenced links.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Gx validity dates

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here it goes:

I stayed in the Hyatt Lisle from the 31st-May to 1st June.

The G2 bonus for this property ran through the 31st of May.

Was my stay eligible? Customer service says no and the T&C's that I found on the bonus page were unclear about this.

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:33 am

JD623 - I got the same response when I called customer service. Given that Hyatt uses the check-out date I doubt it is an eligible stay for the bonus.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:16 pm
HCA

I remember I read it in some places but can't find it now.

Do we still get Diamond arrival points (1W) at BWB stay (or award stay) if we choose points?
Otherwise we should just choose Diamond amenity in US properties.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Per the first post in this thread:

Diamond – Platinum benefits with these “improvements” 30% bonus points, upgraded room to best room including Regency/Grand Club (excluding suites), confirmed suite upgrades (4x a year on eligible paid stays subject to availability), breakfast for all registered guests in room (up to 4 – in RC/GC if available otherwise in restaurant), welcome amenity (choice of food & beverage or 1,000 points at domestic GH & HR or 500 points at HP & SS - in "Hyatt Speak" known as 1W). Recently Hyatt introduced a 2500 point bonus (DN) in "compensation" at properties that have a RC/GC but it is temporarily closed (due to occupancy, day of the week, season etc) or so full that complimentary access for Diamonds is denied - http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...ip_diamond.jsp

APPLICATION OF STATUS PERKS

What stays are status perks applicable?

Status perks are applicable to all stays – paid (all rates), award stays (points, promotional awards) and even Hotwire/Priceline – make sure your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number is attached to the reservation by calling Customer Service if the stay was not booked directly with Hyatt. The exception is the annual 4 confirmed diamond suite upgrades that are only applicable on “eligible” rate revenue stays.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:50 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
perhaps add the Q&A in post #1 to the following question that seems to get asked: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...et-points.html

--
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
perhaps add the Q&A in post #1 to the following question that seems to get asked: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...et-points.html

--
Done - along with a few other inclusions. Again, feel free to suggest inclusions for the FAQs.

Last edited by peteropny; Jun 27, 2010 at 9:30 pm
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Hi - searched but could not find an answer, but if I book a Hyatt (Hyatt Waikiki in this case) through costco.com, can I use one of my suite upgrades to upgrade?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ordogg
Hi - searched but could not find an answer, but if I book a Hyatt (Hyatt Waikiki in this case) through costco.com, can I use one of my suite upgrades to upgrade?
You should be ok to use the Diamond Suite upgrade since costco.com redirects you to hyatt.com - call up the Diamond line to try to apply the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.