Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:28 am
FT

I track mine in a spreadsheet, but was curious how FairWindsFollowingSeas was able to see lifetime base since that key value pairs is not shown in the code (at least for me). This is a cleaned up version of the parameters:

Code:
ns.AuthProfile = {
"csrf":xxx,
"firstName":"xxx",
"lastName":"xxx",
"middleName":"xxx",
"enrollDate":"xxx",
"language":"xxx",
"lifePoints":xxx,
"points":xxx,
"prefix":"xxx",
"ytdBasePoints":xxx,
"suffix":"xxx",
"rememberMe":xxx,
"tierExpireDate":"xxx",
"ytdNights":xxx,
"ytdStays":xxx,
"username":"xxx",
"tier":"xxx",
"goldpassportId":"xxx",
"token":"xxx",
"bumpersUp":xxx,
"requalified":xxx,
"email":"xxx",
"partner":{
  "concur":xxx,
  "americanAirlines":{
    "memberNo":"xxx",
    "partnerCode":"xxx",
    "partnerName":"xxx",
    "partnerAccountNo":"xxx",
    "partnerTierCode":"xxx",
    "partnerTierName":"xxx",
    "partnerTierExpDate":"xxx",
    "lastUpdateDateTime":"xxx",
    "externalId":"xxx",
    "guid":"xxx"}},
"chaseStatus":"xxx",
"aaaNumber":xxx,
"governmentRate":"xxx",
"appMobileUsage":"xxx",
"registeredPromoCodes":[
  "xxx",
  "xxx",
  "xxx",
  "xxx",
  "xxx"],
"eligiblePromotions":[{
  "promotionName":"xxx",
  "promotionCode":"xxx",
  "promotionStartDate":"xxx",
  "promotionEndDate":"xxx",
  "registrationStartDate":"xxx",
  "registrationEndDate":"xxx",
  "requiresPartnerAccount":xxx}],
"i18nEnrollDate":"xxx",
"i18nExpireDate":"xxx",
"i18nLifePoints":"xxx",
"i18nPoints":"xxx",
"i18nStays":"xxx",
"i18nTierLabel":"xxx",
"i18nTierExpireDate":"xxx",
"i18nYtdBasePoints":"xxx",
"i18nYtdNights":"xxx",
"i18nYtdStays":"xxx",
"basePointsYTD":xxx,
"expireDate":"xxx",
"userLName":"xxx",
"stays":xxx,
"crcodes":{"preferredCR":"xxx"},
"cToken":"xxx"
};
hailstorm likes this.

Last edited by FT; Jun 3, 2021 at 11:37 am
Old Jun 30, 2021, 11:53 am
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I have a trip to Vegas next month, and will be staying 5 nights at the Vdara. This will leave me 4 nights short of Globalist, which I hope to earn before my stay at the Alila in Napa in September. Does anyone know if Hyatt allows nights credit for two rooms at the same time (like Starwood used to do)? I guess I could just spend $10k on my CC, but Chase has me limited to $8k a month, so I'd have to spend, pay, then spend again, which is a PITA. I'd rather just book 4 nights at the Excalibur while I'm there at the Vdara, and get credit for both of those.

So, my primarily question: Does Hyatt allow nights credit for 2 rooms in which you are staying concurrently?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:47 pm
FT

No. On your last day you can check into a cheaper MGM hotel like Luxor for 4 nights. The nightly rate will be low, but there is a resort fee.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:24 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FT
No. On your last day you can check into a cheaper MGM hotel like Luxor for 4 nights. The nightly rate will be low, but there is a resort fee.
Unfortunately, I'm leaving town after I check out of the Vdara. In the past, if I check into a hotel and then don't stay there each night, they check me out, so checking in on my last day would not help. Thanks for the info, though.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Not sure the best thread to ask this question on.

Going on a trip next week, and will hit Hyatt Globalist for the first time.

9 day trip, first 4 days at the Seabird Resort in Oceanside, the last 5 at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay.

I will hit Globalist when I check out of the Seabird, and will check into Hyatt later that same day.

Will I get globalist benefits that same day for the stay at the Hyatt Regency?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by auorab
Not sure the best thread to ask this question on.

Going on a trip next week, and will hit Hyatt Globalist for the first time.

9 day trip, first 4 days at the Seabird Resort in Oceanside, the last 5 at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay.

I will hit Globalist when I check out of the Seabird, and will check into Hyatt later that same day.

Will I get globalist benefits that same day for the stay at the Hyatt Regency?
Typically you'd get the points posted around 9am PT the following day, status should be upgraded as well at the same time. I am sure you can point out when checking in, that you just became globalist. You should get the benefits. Give it a try.

there was a recent post where @AustinBear got the benefits even though he'd get to Globalist only during that stay...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33417657-post3322.html
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
New to this forum, so hope this is the right thread to ask. Curious how points availability works exactly - short of a hotel being sold out, for example, how they determine if rooms become available for points. Is it something like this hotel has X of each type of room available for points, and once they booked, they are gone, is it dynamic availability like the airlines, etc.

My specific item is this: Looking to book the HR resort in Maui in mid-November, which does have rooms available for $ (cheapest is an Ocean view, so I think lower categories might be sold out), but not points. Now I would definitely have to transfer some points in to make this stay work if it became available, and could do that from Chase UR, but just wondering if it even makes sense to hope for something to come up, or just focus elsewhere (I've got something booked at the Westin, but have heard better things about the HR). Might they make more rooms available for redemption...is it just based on if someone cancels? Anything else I should keep in mind?

Appreciate any insight, as I'm a newbie to Hyatt...at least post Gold Passport, so its definitely been a while.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:22 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by emcampbe
New to this forum, so hope this is the right thread to ask. Curious how points availability works exactly - short of a hotel being sold out, for example, how they determine if rooms become available for points. Is it something like this hotel has X of each type of room available for points, and once they booked, they are gone, is it dynamic availability like the airlines, etc.

My specific item is this: Looking to book the HR resort in Maui in mid-November, which does have rooms available for $ (cheapest is an Ocean view, so I think lower categories might be sold out), but not points. Now I would definitely have to transfer some points in to make this stay work if it became available, and could do that from Chase UR, but just wondering if it even makes sense to hope for something to come up, or just focus elsewhere (I've got something booked at the Westin, but have heard better things about the HR). Might they make more rooms available for redemption...is it just based on if someone cancels? Anything else I should keep in mind?

Appreciate any insight, as I'm a newbie to Hyatt...at least post Gold Passport, so its definitely been a while.
general rule is that if the lowest category is available for sale,it is available for points. There may be restrictions such as minimum stay, or not more than e.g. 2 guests per room. Unfortunately there are some hotels, allthough not many, playing games, such as Andaz Maui.

if room is availble for sale but not on points, try calling CS or use Twitter. There have been succesful reports here on FT.

if somebody cancels a point reservation, the room does not necessarily go back to inventory if e.g. the category is already oversold.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
general rule is that if the lowest category is available for sale,it is available for points. There may be restrictions such as minimum stay, or not more than e.g. 2 guests per room. Unfortunately there are some hotels, allthough not many, playing games, such as Andaz Maui.

if room is availble for sale but not on points, try calling CS or use Twitter. There have been succesful reports here on FT.

if somebody cancels a point reservation, the room does not necessarily go back to inventory if e.g. the category is already oversold.

Hope this helps.
Absolutely. Exactly what I wanted to know. In the case of HR Maui, the lowest category of room is definitely not available for sale on my dates (I forget what it is called, but Ocean View is the lowest now, and I know that's not it). Again, trying to figure out if it is worth keeping on checking...probably is in case a room does pop up.

Appreciate the quick response.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thinking of trying to get globalist this year bc will only need to "generate" at the most 7 additional nights. With the Hyatt cc, I can pay various taxes with a fee of 2-2.6%. So at worst for 5k spend, that's $130 for 2 tier nights and 5k points (or 3 tier nights if I use the 5k for a mattress run down the street). That seems worth it to me. Aren't 5k points generally worth $75-100?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Sorry that this has been covered before.

May I just confirm that stay using “category 1-4” and “category 1-7” awards are NOT considered to be qualifying nights?

I had mixed experience but it could be error, so just want to confirm my understanding is correct.

Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:25 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Sorry that this has been covered before.

May I just confirm that stay using “category 1-4” and “category 1-7” awards are NOT considered to be qualifying nights?

I had mixed experience but it could be error, so just want to confirm my understanding is correct.

Thanks
they DO qualify
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
they DO qualify
All the details located here : World of Hyatt Terms & Conditions

Tier-Qualifying Nights. A Member may earn awards based on the number of nights the Member (i) stays at a Hyatt hotel or resort; (ii) pays an Eligible Rate or redeems a Free Night Award; and (iii) associates his or her valid Program membership number with the reservation (either at the time of reservation or check-in or by requesting retroactive credit for the night in accordance with Hyatt’s procedures) during the applicable measuring period (each a “Tier-Qualifying Night”). Members may be offered opportunities to receive credit(s) for Tier-Qualifying Nights without completing a Tier-Qualifying Night, as disclosed in applicable terms and conditions. Each of these Tier-Qualifying Night credits will count fully as a Tier-Qualifying Night unless otherwise noted, but will not count when calculating Tier Qualifying Nights for a promotional offer unless otherwise noted.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Is Hyatt still expiring points after 2 years of no activity? I know a number of loyalty programs have extended expiration dates because of COVID - has Hyatt?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
I know a number of loyalty programs have extended expiration dates because of COVID - has Hyatt?
No. Hyatt is the one company determined to return to BAU.
drewguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.