Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: UA MM
Avis points

Just a data point as I've seen this asked a few times.

I just did an Avis rental, did not use the Hyatt AWD (used my company's as usual) and my 500 points posted in two weeks.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I just did an Avis rental, did not use the Hyatt AWD (used my company's as usual) and my 500 points posted in two weeks.
I do not recall experiencing this in the past; but when I attempted to reserve a car through Avis with my World of Hyatt membership number, the reservation increased by $10.50 — which is quite expensive for 500 World of Hyatt points, in my opinion.

I thought rental car agencies only charged a “frequent flier fee” for frequent flier programs of airlines...?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Canarsie
.... the reservation increased by $10.50 — which is quite expensive for 500 World of Hyatt points, in my opinion.

?
seems ok to me, considering you'd get only around 50 WOH Points, if you spend 10$ at a Hyatt Hotel.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:11 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I think rental car companies charge $1.50 a day if you choose to earn miles, which seems like a ripoff because, no matter how many days you rent, they post the transaction just one time.
I do not recall experiencing this in the past; but when I attempted to reserve a car through Avis with my World of Hyatt membership number, the reservation increased by $10.50 — which is quite expensive for 500 World of Hyatt points, in my opinion.

I thought rental car agencies only charged a “frequent flier fee” for frequent flier programs of airlines...?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

They now realize they can charge a fee for everything. So why not?

Just like Vegas hotels. They now charge for parking. They realize it’s a way to make a few extra bucks.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
So I want to use 4 free nights (chase, not points), but the hotel has a minimum stay requirement on award nights (so I can't book them individually). Can Hyatt customer service accomplish this?
Have you called the WoH phone line or reached out to them on twitter? This seems like something a reasonably qualified agent to resolve pretty quick (they'll often put you on hold and call the hotel to manually resolve these types of issues).
Old May 11, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold
Have you called the WoH phone line or reached out to them on twitter? This seems like something a reasonably qualified agent to resolve pretty quick (they'll often put you on hold and call the hotel to manually resolve these types of issues).
I called once and was told "oh you can't do that unless each night is individually available." Which seemed wrong to me, but she insisted that was the case.

At this point it doesn't matter--we've opted to prioritize our flights and the French Open over our hotel, so we won't be staying at PHV unless something opens up.

But a different question: Hyatt's website says that free nights can be booked online, but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Clicking through the link by the free nights just brings up an award night search, but that search always ends with 'you don't have enough points.' No mention of the free night anywhere.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:49 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by trouble747
I called once and was told "oh you can't do that unless each night is individually available." Which seemed wrong to me, but she insisted that was the case.

At this point it doesn't matter--we've opted to prioritize our flights and the French Open over our hotel, so we won't be staying at PHV unless something opens up.

But a different question: Hyatt's website says that free nights can be booked online, but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Clicking through the link by the free nights just brings up an award night search, but that search always ends with 'you don't have enough points.' No mention of the free night anywhere.
Contact World of Hyatt Concierge right here on FT. It's generally the same crew who run the super-duper My Hyatt Concierge service. Great group of agents.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Contact World of Hyatt Concierge right here on FT. It's generally the same crew who run the super-duper My Hyatt Concierge service. Great group of agents.
How does one contact them on FT?

I found two nights on points available (one night showing as individually available, but only on points and not an award night) at the hotel again during our stay so I called again. Again I was told there was no way to book the two night stay with award nights, no way to first book with points then swap them out, and then while this was being explained even the single night disappeared from the system. This is probably something already well known but I had no idea Hyatt hotels had an additional way to avoid accepting free nights: apparently simply by requiring a minimum two night stay.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
A Hyatt representative told me today that if you check-in after midnight at a hotel, you don't get a night credit. Super.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by danger
A Hyatt representative told me today that if you check-in after midnight at a hotel, you don't get a night credit. Super.
This happened to me only once. I called the Hyatt rep later after checking out and got the night credit posted to my account.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
AFAIK hotels do a night audit. This is finished at 6am. If you check out early it's best to call the FD or use the app after 6am if possible.
Since this is a newbie thread, the reason I do this is so HK knows the room is empty and they can clean it, get it available for the next guest.
It's a way of paying it forward, so to speak. Hopefully the room will be ready for someone who wants to check-in early.

I have had the same experience as PS. If you don't get credit for the stay call Hyatt and they will fix it.

I just noticed Danger was talking about check-in after midnight. Oops

Last edited by gadberry; Jul 31, 2018 at 7:40 pm
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
In your opinion, when does it make sense to pay extra for double points rate? Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:56 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by igoncrazy
In your opinion, when does it make sense to pay extra for double points rate? Thanks!
You can buy points for as low as 1.7 cents per point during some sales. If paying the increased rate results in a lower cost per point, it may be worth considering. Think about if you have an intended use for the points. If you don't and are simply stockpiling them, remember they are subject to devaluation. Also keep in mind the current situation. I've already converted some stays booked using points to cash stays as the current rates make for a poor redemption value.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Has anyone ever taken a deep dive into the Javascript code of the members page? There is a lot of interesting information about your account buried in there that you can't see otherwise, such as your enrollment date, lifetime points (not base points, all points), number of yearly stays, and even the date and time of your last usage of the mobile app.

The most intersting thing I've seen is a list of promo codes that your account is registered for, and a list of unregistered promotions that your account is eligible. One that showed up for me is something called "L3Harris Explorist Promotion", good from March 1st 2021 to December 31st 2021. Anyone have any idea what that is?

Note: I don't work for, nor have I ever worked for, any company known as "L3Harris".
Skink and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.