Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

TheBigWelcomeBack (BWB)-3/26-6/30/10 Earn-4/1-8/31/10 Redeem (FFN or 5k for 2 stays)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which did you pick.....Free Nights or Bonus Points
Free Nights
81.97%
Bonus Points
18.03%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

TheBigWelcomeBack (BWB)-3/26-6/30/10 Earn-4/1-8/31/10 Redeem (FFN or 5k for 2 stays)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thank you for another generous promotion!!! But I'm a bit disappointed with 8/31 end of redemption since I have 3-4 nights that I need in Sept - oh well
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Sounds good!^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Another nice Hyatt promotion. ^^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by mnmag
Sounds good!^
bye, bye HH... now off to reorg business plan to ensure a Hyatt in every meeting location we select!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by shangsing
Currently staying at Hyatt and checking out 26th March. Will that be regarded as a stay?
In the past it is the check-out date that counts, not the check-in date. So your stay should qualify for your first credit.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
I went from SPG Plat last year to 0 stay year-to-date.

^^ Hyatt!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! Didn't expect that.
GP you are making it very difficult for me to keep a back up program status.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:04 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
An add for the FAQ

Originally Posted by peteropny
Ok - I just posted "our" Flyertalk version of the FAQs - please read as this should answer most of the questions that you may have. Thanks!!!!
I posted a question near the end of the now locked discussion thread... and I don't see it in the FAQ. I think maybe it should be added, as it will inevitably come up:

If a stay occurs during the promotion period but before the member registers, will it count retroactively?

I'm assuming yes, but someone may want to verify this.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:27 pm

My whole family and many friends are now Hyatt lovers. ^ to Hyatt once again.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:30 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Making Changes

Going online to change all of my SPG stays booked for April to Hyatt stays. I'm with the others in saying that it might be difficult to maintain SPG Platinum if Hyatt keeps this up.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Two thumbs up to Hyatt for this great promotion!

Now, is someone going to run a detailed analysis on whether it is better to select points or FFN?

Let the fight for FFN @ PH Vendome and PH Tokyo begin!

I, for one, hope that Hyatt doesn't allow people to pre-book FFN stays this time until they actually earn them. I have no problem with people who switch from points to FFN. But those who do not have any pts and 0 FFN should not take away some of those precious quota until they earn it.

Last edited by gijoe24jp; Mar 22, 2010 at 10:43 pm
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Somebody should tell Costco to stock up on the certs.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by el_jefe
Going online to change all of my SPG stays booked for April to Hyatt stays. I'm with the others in saying that it might be difficult to maintain SPG Platinum if Hyatt keeps this up.
What saved it for me with SPG last year was their Free Weekend Night promo, a somewhat weaker imitation of FFN. And I have heard that they were not even happy with the results so I wouldn't expect a return of a similar promo from them. It certainly seems to be working for Hyatt! ^
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
While I don't think FT is without a certain sense of entitlement, I do think the whole extension thing was badly handled.
So I guess you were in the 1% that the extension did not help? There is always some one that is not happy with a free gift!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Thank you for another generous promotion!!!
+1. I am also very happy with seeing such a great promo so soon on the heels of the last. Kudos to Hyatt, they are taking no prisoners in their fierce competition with all the other chains. ^
But I'm a bit disappointed with 8/31 end of redemption since I have 3-4 nights that I need in Sept - oh well
Imagine that... you might actually have to spend points for a free stay!?!!! Oh, the humanity, what is this world coming too??!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.