Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Clearwater - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Clearwater - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, national executive elite,
I have stayed there 3 times and each time they waived the resort fee for Diamond members. The Resort fee inlcuded the Wireless internet.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:48 pm

Upgrade at a Hyatt Resort?

I am a Gold member and will be staying at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa for a meeting. I have enough points to upgrade to the club level but The group rate is less than the prevailing deluxe rack rate. Will the front desk allow upgrade?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: US PP, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Dia, ICH Plat
they don't have a club here unless it is recently installed. we were there last Apr. with the kids. did not receive upgrade as it was Spring break and they were full. Our double/double was adequate as all the rooms are equiped with full kitchen/eating bar. Had a great stay....the beach is awesome

Foy
Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jrglass
I am a Gold member and will be staying at Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa for a meeting. I have enough points to upgrade to the club level but The group rate is less than the prevailing deluxe rack rate. Will the front desk allow upgrade?

Thanks,

Jeff
jrglass - Welcome to Flyertalk and our Hyatt forum. As indicated, there is no club level at this property, therefore, your question becomes irrelevant. If there was, there is no way for you to confirm an upgrade ahead of time, but you can always ask at check-in - with some luck you might be able to upgrade then.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by derby44
I haven't seen anything posted about free internet access at this property. I don't have a laptop and they don't have a club lounge--so-- will I be able to get access as Diamond member? Thanks for your help--I'm leaving Saturday at 10:00 am--so any response is appreciated.
You can access the free wireless (for Plats & Diamonds) with any WiFi device (smartphone - iPod Touch etc). Other than that not sure what to suggest. There should be a terminal with printer near the front desk to print boarding passes.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Front desk agent offered to print my boarding pass for me when I checked out. The staff at this property is really wonderful!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
You can access the free wireless (for Plats & Diamonds) with any WiFi device (smartphone - iPod Touch etc). Other than that not sure what to suggest. There should be a terminal with printer near the front desk to print boarding passes.
I guess I'm out of luck since I don't have any "gadgets". I'm not concerned about printing boarding passes since my last night will be at the Intercontinental near the airport and I can print passes at that property. Seems like free internet only applies if you have laptop etc--which I don't. I was hoping to use internet for other purposes during this stay.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Now Jan 2011....... We wanted a beach while I was on business in the area, and had plenty of Hyatt points, so this property was just fine.

To update what others have said...... the AC is tricky to adjust, keeping it on in just one room seemed to work best.......the kitchen is wonderful with microwave/convection oven, blender, toaster, sharp knives, full size fridge/freezer (but no salt/pepper).

The XX-40 room facing the pool was a 2-room suite, as others have mentioned, king bed, with a second bathroom/soaking tub near the front door. Quite spacious, couch, comfy chair, dining table, kitchen-bar area, so there's not a feeling of being cramped-up when weather is not good.

***On the south side of the hotel, construction is happening**** Likely to be noisy and un-private. ******

Getting from room-to-beach means walking through very public areas of the hotel.....from room elevators through the convention area on 2nd floor.....then through bar/restaurant area.....then outdoor steps to sidewalk level.........so bring beach coverups (even I felt awkward strolling in speedos).

Food and drink were unremarkable hotel-quality.....but likely the best within walking distance. For us on vacation, breakfast being served until 11am meant lazy in-bed mornings on cloudy days. As a Diamond member, the $20 per person breakfast allowance and resort fee waiver were in place.

Beach across a two-lane street from hotel is wide and flat, very soft sand.....vendors set-up tent/cabanas with chairs for $20/day.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Originally Posted by derby44
I guess I'm out of luck since I don't have any "gadgets". I'm not concerned about printing boarding passes since my last night will be at the Intercontinental near the airport and I can print passes at that property. Seems like free internet only applies if you have laptop etc--which I don't. I was hoping to use internet for other purposes during this stay.

At the front desk in lobby, the check-in kiosks also serve as boarding-pass computer access and printers (on full szie 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper).
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:50 pm

Locals go to Frenchy's across the street. Not flashy but great seafood!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 11:50 am
DH

Pet Policy?

Hi, does anyone has info as this property's pet policy? Secondly, how's the Gulf water temperature is like in first week of November (is it warm enough to swim)?

Thanks,
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Have they ever opened the rumored to be soon Regency Club?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:59 pm

Is the $20 per person breakfast credit for all registered guests in the room, including children?

Has anyone done the Diamond confirmed suite upgrades here? What did you receive, since technically everything is a "suite" (not really, unless you count studios as suites, but it seems the early verbiage refered to everything as 'suites'). Currently have a standard room and would really like a 1-bedroom as we are travelling with kids.

TIA!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
updates?

Can anyone update an experience and/or the previous two postings from jayer and vinotinto????
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Recently spent 5 night in a 2 bedroom gulf front corner suite using a suite upgrade certificate. Everything went smooth, breakfast ($22 buffet) tax and tip were remove from the bill, no resort fee, the AC unit was quite and ran well.

The only issues I had is this property feels a lot more like a Hyatt Vacation Club than a resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.