Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What if a Glob doesn't eat eggs? Would the person just get $9 for beverages at breakfast?

In the past, some Hyatts where one orders from the menu have allowed me to substitute breakfast potatoes or hash browns for the eggs in a bacon and eggs plate or allowed me to select two or three side dishes (such as potatoes (or an English muffin), bacon, and fresh fruit) in place of a main course for breakfast.
I’ll find out tomorrow when I checkout. So far each day it’s been slightly different billing - very confusing.

Hotel was very rushed to reopen. Lots of issues. Not ready for prime time at all - and lost internet and phone for 12 hours. Manager and assistant manager were nice and know there are lots of issues.

Random thoughts after a week here:
- great location for me due to proximity to subways and nice walking paths along the river.
- breakfast good but confusing (hopefully solved now)
- rooms have lots of broken parts: light switches don’t always work, automatic blinds are finicky, phones don’t call anywhere or lose power instantly, sinks are very slow to turn off / stop dripping, windows may not be sealed, elevator buttons take many pushes to get working, scales in room is nice but looks like batteries were not replaced so may not work, heaters are weak.
- 17th floor has some rooms under a mechanical area so there is a very loud banging / vibration that can last for hours. Moved to 10th floor and much better now.
- floors are squeaky or lose In the rooms.
- in room fridge is nice but Temps way too high to keep food good. It’s closer to 50-60 degrees and in our original room was warmer than air temp. Maintenance cannot fix them easily as they are bolted down.
- Suites have no dividing wall that could have been added so easily (a 2 room suite of 600-700 feet would be amazing). Penny wise pound foolish I guess.

Hotel has promise but not there yet. Prices are low which is nice. Would give it a few months at a minimum before returning.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:04 pm

Upon check out the breakfast charges were removed. Seems like the hotel got a lot of feedback and at the last day breakfast the very nice server said they only bill you if you order more than $33 per person now. Very fair.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Just wrapped up a two night stay.

As a Glob, was proactively blocked into the Centric Suite the morning of check in.

Breakfast billing was slightly inconsistent: first morning the check had the entire amount, and second morning the entrée and coffee were removed and only the extra charge for substitute was on the check. Nonetheless, both were automatically taken off at check out without having to ask.

We also definitely went over the $33 on at least one occasion (entrée + coffee + juice). But that didn't seem to be an issue either.

Overall good experience, no complaints.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:59 pm

Well even with promises from the manager and director of guest services (over email) the hotel has yet to provide the promised points for the service failures, room issues, and internet being down for over 12 hours. They've stopped communicating as well. Disappointing but not surprised at all.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by olouie
Well even with promises from the manager and director of guest services (over email) the hotel has yet to provide the promised points for the service failures, room issues, and internet being down for over 12 hours. They've stopped communicating as well. Disappointing but not surprised at all.
Flame them on TA.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Shows what kind of management is in charge of this hotel.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:23 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Welcome new management same as the old management
Kacee likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

When all else fails and the hotel drops the ball Hyatt Consumer Affairs is there to pick up
the broken pieces so you can recover & move on
Hyatt and Hilton are the two best when recovering from a disappointing stay and I frequently
take that into serious consideration when staying in a property
I haven’t stayed before.When a hotel leaves me contacting Hyatt there is little chance I will ever return
Thankfully that’s rare most full service Hyatt properties don’t let it come to that
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
When all else fails and the hotel drops the ball Hyatt Consumer Affairs is there to pick up
the broken pieces so you can recover & move on
Hyatt and Hilton are the two best when recovering from a disappointing stay and I frequently
take that into serious consideration when staying in a property
I haven’t stayed before.When a hotel leaves me contacting Hyatt there is little chance I will ever return
Thankfully that’s rare most full service Hyatt properties don’t let it come to that
A lot more now are gambling they can get away with it. Like this property and GH Incheon.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:15 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Considering using a TSU here. There are 2 standard suites. Any recommendations for the Centric or Centric Premier Suite? Never stayed here so do not know what the suite names were under the Andaz brand. Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Considering using a TSU here. There are 2 standard suites. Any recommendations for the Centric or Centric Premier Suite? Never stayed here so do not know what the suite names were under the Andaz brand. Thanks.
The Centric Suite is not a true suite, as the living space is not separate from the bedroom. The Premier Suite looks much nicer. Note that it prices as a "Premier Suite" for award redemption so wonder if they're going to treat it as a Standard suite for upgrade purposes.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Centric Suite is not a true suite, as the living space is not separate from the bedroom. The Premier Suite looks much nicer. Note that it prices as a "Premier Suite" for award redemption so wonder if they're going to treat it as a Standard suite for upgrade purposes.
As someone mentioned upthread, the description for the Premier Suite incorrectly mentions that it is a standard suite, but it's actually considered a premium suite (thus ineligible for TSU).

We stayed at the centric suite last month. While it is true that there is no door between the sleeping and living area, it's sizable enough by NYC standards.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:09 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, they are both mentioned as standard suites.
The have the same rooms on a "high floor", which are considered Premium Suites as per the webpage.

let me see what my MYC gets me and I'll report back.

Last edited by 59Impala; Apr 11, 2022 at 1:34 am
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:37 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by jona970318
As someone mentioned upthread, the description for the Premier Suite incorrectly mentions that it is a standard suite, but it's actually considered a premium suite (thus ineligible for TSU).

We stayed at the centric suite last month. While it is true that there is no door between the sleeping and living area, it's sizable enough by NYC standards.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Yes, they are both mentioned as standard suites.
The have the same rooms on a "high floor", which are considered Premium Suites as per the webpage.

let me see what my MYC gets me and I'll report back.
MHC confirmed me in the Centric Suite. This is the one they are allowed to use with TSU. MHC is checking with the hotel, if they would grant me the Centric Premier Suite as an LTG. Will report back.

Don't like that the descriptions on the Hyatt website are so unclear. I would like to see an improvement here from Hyatt, on the other hand, they may intentially leave it a bit ambigious....
It is the first time I am seeing "high floor suites" being a different category. We knew this was happening with the "standard room" and "standard room high floor" at other hotels, so that "upgrades" can be granted upon check-in...

Last edited by 59Impala; Apr 11, 2022 at 7:13 am
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I am there for Easter in the Centric Suite using a TSU. Will report back.
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.