Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 2MM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
Anyone have more recent (since the October posts above) reviews for Andaz Wall Street? Thanks!
Old May 27, 2017, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by feeb1
Anyone have more recent (since the October posts above) reviews for Andaz Wall Street? Thanks!
I'm no longer staying at this property.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:31 pm

What kind of reviews are you looking for? Everything's the same. I had a stay in late Feb. No changes, good or bad.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Hyatt nobody here - worth staying here for a short no frills one night stay?

Currently booked at the Conrad but Andaz is around 35% cheaper. Or same price for Andaz suite.

I just need a comfy bed and nice shower...
Old May 27, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
What kind of reviews are you looking for? Everything's the same. I had a stay in late Feb. No changes, good or bad.
Since the October reviews were pretty bad, but said there was a new GM, I was wondering if there had been any improvement.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I was there a couple of weeks ago, and maybe a couple of months before that. Weekends both times. On the weekends, the prices are sane, even low in comparison to most stuff in NYC. Also, we've found more and more interesting stuff to do in the area, and the subway connections are abundant to go elsewhere. The breakfast, which was very good three or so years ago but then went on a total dive, probably hit bottom some time last year, and has now inched upwards to "okay".

I mean, the thing about all the Andazes is that the bathroom set ups are goofy. I suppose you could be in some stage of life where they are cool, and other stages of life where they are unbearable. Mostly it's goofy.

At many low weekend prices, we'll be back again, and enjoy the weekend and the vibe (adjusted for price). At mid-week prices I'd feel scalped, but then again at those prices somebody else would probably be paying for it.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:30 pm

I haven't noticed any improvements. I've stayed there a bunch of times in the last two years, and the service is pretty much the same. Nothing special, definitely nothing above and beyond for globalists. No suite upgrade, but upgrades to the large rooms. Breakfast is also the same - order a la carte or buffet. I think the breakfast is pretty bad. It's on par with the quality of breakfasts at HP/HH, definitely not Andaz quality. I'd save your stomach for something better if you're in the city/visiting NYC.

Oh, and the hallways still smell like weed all the time.
Old May 29, 2017, 8:37 pm

Thanks for the updates!
Old May 30, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey

Oh, and the hallways still smell like weed all the time.
Oh myyy.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
This property has such a terrible reputation that I've moved my upcoming reservation to IHG this July. Even the free breakfast is not enough for me to endure a mediocre stay here.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:50 pm

this property happen to be one of the cheapest Saturday option that I can find in NYC (~price will be Fairfield inn level). Coming from JFK via LIRR. What would be the closest subway station ? will it be safe to walk around at night from hotel to subway station?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anchor79
Coming from JFK via LIRR. What would be the closest subway station ?
Wall Street.

Originally Posted by anchor79
will it be safe to walk around at night from hotel to subway station?
Yes of course.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:02 am

Extremely safe. Don't worry. Will you have a lot of luggage? I actually don't recommend the LIRR. That's an extra cost/extra train and if you don't mind a few minutes extra, you can take the airtrain to Howard Beach to the A train and get off at Fulton and walk 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can take the airtrain to Jamaica Station, hop on the J train to Broad street. The j train is a few minutes longer so I recommend the A train route.

This is versus airtrain to LIRR to subway. You'll be avoiding an extra train. The LIRR is not cheap and you're only saving a few minutes so it's not really worth it.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Transit Options JFK to NYC

Taxi

Yellow Cab To/From JFK and any location in Manhattan is a FLAT RATE FARE:
  • Onscreen rate is ‘Rate #02 – JFK Airport.’
  • This is a flat fare of $52 plus tolls, the 50-cent MTA State Surcharge, the 30-cent Improvement Surcharge, and $4.50 rush hour surcharge (4 PM to 8 PM weekdays, excluding legal holidays).
  • Passenger is responsible for paying all tolls.
  • Please tip your driver for safety and good service.

UBER Estimates

http://uberestimate.com/fare/9vaexkiw/

UBERPool : $35 flat rate (possibly shared ride)
UBERX : $50-$70 (car seat +$10)(budget sedan up to 4)
UBERBLACK : $110-$145 (luxury sedan up to 4)
UBERXL : $80-$110 (budget SUV up to 6)
UBERSUV : $135-$180 (luxury SUV up to 6)

Mass Transit

TRAINS

The Airtrain JFK fee is $5 to enter/exit when entering or leaving the terminals. This option involves alot of schlepping/transferring and in general "dealing" (tickets, figuring out where to go, waiting etc). Not overly difficult, but could be stressful with luggage, kids, or if not familiar/tired after a long travel day.

Two options from the Airtrain :

a) LIRR to Penn Station (34st/7ave) NYC - $10.25 peak / $7.50 off peak ($16/$14 if you buy onboard the train). Nicer, larger trains than the subway. Total cost to Penn Station : $15.25 peak/$12.50 off peak. Travel time to Penn Station :~ 35 minutes

From Penn Station you would need to take a ~15-20 min subway ride on the red line down to Wall St which would add $2.75 in subway fare making the total cost to Andaz $18 and Total Travel time ~55 minutes.

b) Subway (A/J/E/Z) $2.75 fare. Total cost to Andaz: $7.75. Total Travel time: ~ 65 min

Taking the A train will get you reasonably close to the Andaz downtown at Fulton St but there are many stops along the way.

BUS

Another option is to bypass Airtrain completely (less schlepping) and take the NY Airporter Bus which picks up outside all baggage claims. $18 one way/ $34 rd trip. Drop off at Grand Central (4/5), Bryant Park, Penn Station (2), and Port Authority (A/C) usually in that order - keep in mind it can take a long time to get across town - it's a busy area. Obviously timing can vary wildly depending on traffic etc, but they state avg travel time to midtown Manhattan: ~ 90 min.

From there, additional subway fare downtown (~15-20 min) with a variety of options. Total cost to Andaz $20.75. Total Travel Time really varies : ~ 1 hr 45 min.

IMO the bus is the easiest and more comfortable. You don't really need to deal with anything until you get to the city. The downside is the variability in travel time. None of the mass transit options are great, but I choose this option 99% of the time I don't book a car service.

-----------

Attached is a subway map of the area with the Andaz marked. Add $1 metro card fee for all subway fares if you don't already have one.
Attached Images  

Last edited by gunksny; Jun 18, 2017 at 7:44 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Basically any public transit option from JFK to Andaz WS sucks. The A train is better than LIRR, b/c you don't have to deal with the nightmare that is Penn Station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.