Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Hyatts will upgrade Diamonds to available suites at check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hyatts will upgrade Diamonds to available suites at check-in?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Originally Posted by Loc13
So are most of these upgrades you guys got for paid stays or award nights? Or it doesn't matter? I know the Diamond certs only work on paid stays, but it seems most of you got the upgrade without using a cert, just wondering...
I have received complimentary upgrades to suites on both revenue and reward stays. And yes, these are (complimentary) upgrades without using the Diamond suite upgrade certificates.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Based on the master threads for the properties, as well as my experience, I would add the Hyatt Regency Chicago and the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay to the list of hotels that routinely upgrade Diamonds to at least junior suites, when available. My experience also supports the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place and Hyatt Regency Orange County.
Old May 13, 2010, 1:47 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - people - I've just deleted quite a few posts that were not contributory to the subject and were basically personal attacks.

KNOCK IT OFF!!!! - and this goes for other threads also.

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt
Old May 13, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Sorry for hijacking the thread. I am currently trial Diamond valid until Nov, 2010 with 4 diamond suite upgrade certificate expire 2/2011. Does anyone know if I can use those certificate after Nov, 2010 but before 2/2011 if I drop from Diamond?
Old May 13, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Loc13
So are most of these upgrades you guys got for paid stays or award nights? Or it doesn't matter? I know the Diamond certs only work on paid stays, but it seems most of you got the upgrade without using a cert, just wondering...
For mine, the GH Singapore upgrades on awards which I have gotten on two separate occasions. Both Hyatt Regencys in Chicago did it on paid stays, and both were around ~$80 rates.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
I have received complimentary upgrades to suites on both revenue and reward stays. And yes, these are (complimentary) upgrades without using the Diamond suite upgrade certificates.
Originally Posted by bschaff1
For mine, the GH Singapore upgrades on awards which I have gotten on two separate occasions. Both Hyatt Regencys in Chicago did it on paid stays, and both were around ~$80 rates.
That's great to hear. Thank you both very much! Currently trial Platinum, have 13 stays planned in the next couple months, 2 more to go before getting Diamond. Can't wait!
Old May 14, 2010, 8:38 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bschaff1
For mine, the GH Singapore upgrades on awards which I have gotten on two separate occasions.
I also have on 2 separate award stays - however, this may have changed since the reopening of the 2nd GC in the back tower.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
I have been upgraded 3 times at HR Albuquerque. This week I was upgraded to Presidential Suite. Very nice! HR Scottsdale/Gainey Ranch also does upgrades.
Old May 14, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Got upgraded to a full suite at HR Century Plaza on the penthouse level (19) the other day on a AAA rate. Past stays have been regular rooms on FFN redemptions, so it was an unexpected surprise to get a suite on a paid rate. Comp Equinox fitness & spa access ($20 for non-dia's) is a definite perk^.

Past suite upgrades w/o use of confirmable suite upgrades have occurred at Grand Champions in Indian Wells and regularly at HR Orange County. I see others regularly geting suite upgrades at HR Mission Bay, but I've yet to experience one in over 5 stays
Old May 17, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Originally Posted by vickskid76
I'm here now and the stay has been pleasant. This is my 2nd time at this property. I must admit, I didn't realize there were ice machines on every floor. I simply kept calling downstairs to get a bucket of ice...... Hands down one of the best properties in LA. Upgraded to the King Suite too........

The b'fast was complimentary as a Diamond member.
Apparently this property is starting to upgrade more diamond customers. The suites are pretty cool.

To those who haven't had the good fortune, don't be a hater, just keep trying.
Old May 17, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA,AA
Get upgraded to Suite at Fisherman's Wharf HR
Old May 17, 2010, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by FD1971

It goes without saying that upgrades will be granted based on availability at check-in...,
This is not always true. I have been upgraded before check-in to a suite before without using a certificate.
Old May 18, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I'll offer a counterpoint to the Grand Champions Indian Wells. I was given a golf course view on the third (non-RC) floor. Check in agent acted it was great upgrade. Hotel didn't seem crowded but the self-parking was full so valet was comped for the weekend.
Old May 18, 2010, 9:36 pm

Upgraded to Terrace View Suite at San Antonio Grand Hyatt
Old May 19, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Booked Executive King and was upgraded to a Highlands Suite at check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.