Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Which Hyatts will upgrade Diamonds to available suites at check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hyatts will upgrade Diamonds to available suites at check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Hyatt St. Louis...I just checked in tonight and am in a very nice junior suite...I have been upgraded to a suite or an arch view room (so close you feel like you can reach out your window and touch it).
If you stay in St. Louis, you need to give this place a try...the remodel is really really nice!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:40 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Orange County^
To be more precise: Hyatt Regency Orange County, Garden Grove, CA. Very nearly 100% of my stays here have been upgraded to suites, including this past New Year's Eve when they were completely sold out (Talia at the FD worked to secure me a "family" suite when my preferred Conference Suite and other categories were not available). Definitely ^ !

NOT to be confused with the Hyatt Regency Irvine (also in OC), which is one stingy property when it comes to upgrades. They also routinely add gratuities to the "free" breakfast (the HR/OC does not).
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Although the OP intentions are brilliant, I fear that too many isolated experiences will simply result in very high expectations that might cause some trouble down the road...Park Hyatt Vendome and Highlands Inn Carmel are not places where I would automatically expect a suite upgrade.

Hyatt Regency Warsaw usually upgrades Diamond members to Club Deluxe rooms. Suite upgrades are not at all the norm. Club Deluxe rooms are close to 50 sqm. , so could be classified as a junior suite in many other metro areas...

Hyatt Regency Orange County has a very good track record of upgrading Diamnd members to suites, that has been confirmed by many posts here already.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:40 am

Wrote me in the same column as holtju2 (post #9) & FD1971 (post # 18)

I am confident that it’s most important to know which type of room/suites are offered (remember: FD can’t create a room for us), if our demand is realistic AND how we approach FD (some call it negotiation skills).

HR Warsaw:

Originally Posted by nissan motor
… suite upgrades when I was a Platinum. Now, as a Diamond, I get what they call "studio rooms" (smaller than suites but also nice).
Originally Posted by FD1971
… usually upgrades Diamond members to Club Deluxe rooms. Suite upgrades are not at all the norm. Club Deluxe rooms are close to 50 sqm. , so could be classified as a junior suite in many other metro areas...
According to hotels room description, they offer standard rooms (queen), Deluxe rooms (king/twin), three different categories of Club Rooms [Queen (= Standard Room on RC floor), View King/Twin (38 m²) & Deluxe King/Twin (46 m²)] & four different categories of Suites [King (56 m²), Executive (68 m²), Diplomatic (120 m²) & Presidential (160 m²)].

Without reading this thread, I know that if available at time of check in, a Club Deluxe King room it the type of accommodation I could expect.

HR Orange County

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Orange County^
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
… Very nearly 100% of my stays here have been upgraded to suites, including this past New Year's Eve when they were completely sold out (Talia at the FD worked to secure me a "family" suite when my preferred Conference Suite and other categories were not available). Definitely ^ !
Originally Posted by FD1971
… a very good track record of upgrading Diamond members to suites, that has been confirmed by many posts here already.
According to hotels room description, they offer standard rooms (Guestroom/King/Queen) & different type of suites. There is no surprise that diamond members will receive a standard suite (King/Queen), otherwise they would not be upgraded. As someone who slept there, I see a huge difference between Atrium (floor matters too) and so called City View Suites. The latter I prefer, but don’t know if these are standard or Conference suites.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper

HR Warsaw:According to hotels room description, they offer standard rooms (queen), Deluxe rooms (king/twin), three different categories of Club Rooms [Queen (= Standard Room on RC floor), View King/Twin (38 m²) & Deluxe King/Twin (46 m²)] & four different categories of Suites [King (56 m²), Executive (68 m²), Diplomatic (120 m²) & Presidential (160 m²)].

Without reading this thread, I know that if available at time of check in, a Club Deluxe King room it the type of accommodation I could expect.
According to the website, yes, there are no so-called studio rooms. However, I am right now on the sixth floor in a "large studio-room" (according to the front desk agent).
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
HR Mission Bay San Diego - 3 for 3 last year by asking at check-in - 1 marina suite (barking seals and seagulls may wake you up earlier than you'd like), 1 RC suite, 1 corner suite. Corner suites were sold out on 1st 2 stays.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:25 pm

Programs: United 1K - AA EXP - Avis CC - Hertz Plat - Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat
I just got upgrade to a jr suite at the regency north Dallas. Just a regular room with a connecting room with a Murphy bed.

I asked nicely if they had any open suites and sure enough.

Sitting in the bar eating, drinking and watching the rose bowl. Go Texas!!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Park Hyatt Paris Vendome

Last summer, we had a two night paid stay followed by a three night rewards stay in a suite (27.000 points per night). The paid nights were booked thru AMEX Centurion.

I was told in advance that the suite upgrade is the Junior Suite. Fine. But when we checked in, even tho we told them there were two separate reservations, the desk agent basically told us that since we were booked by AMEX Centurion, they were upgrading our regular room to an Executive Suite. Very special.

On the third day, we came back from sightseeing and were asked to come to the front desk. When I got there they said that our upgrade was because of AMEX - implying that that part of the trip was now over. They then said the construction and renovation in the lobby would start the following morning and they took the liberty of moving us to a higher floor since it would be quieter. I asked if the higher floor was also an Executive Suite and was told no. I realized what they were attempting to do and asked what the hours of construction would be and it was basically from 10 AM to 4 PM. I told them we would probably be out of the hotel during those hours so we were happy to stay where we were.

They took it with the same class they do everything. They said, no problem and we got to spend the entire time in the big suite.

My sense is that a Diamond who books thru AMEX will in fact get a suite of some type. When I look back each year to see if I got my money's worth from the card, things like this always make me say yes.

And if any of you have not been there, drop everything and get moving!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397

My sense is that a Diamond who books thru AMEX will in fact get a suite of some type. When I look back each year to see if I got my money's worth from the card, things like this always make me say yes.
Does this happen for Diamonds on any Amex? Or just Amex Cent/Plat?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by bmw303
Does this happen for Diamonds on any Amex? Or just Amex Cent/Plat?
AMEX FHR which is only for Centurion & Platinum (real - not co-branded) only.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach 12/24/09 - upgraded to suite without use of Diamond Certificate
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Over many years: 1x Palacio Duhau. Everytime at Highlands Inn (thought it was de rigueur until I read this board). Capitol Hill many times. ~5x Pier Sixty-Six. 2x Chesapeake Resort (recently but w/o e-certs). 3x Sacramento. 2x Grand Champions. 2x Islandia. 2x Monterey. 2x Atlanta. 1x Vancouver. 1x HR Chicago. 1x Tamaya. 1x Albuquerque. 1x Riverwalk. 1x Reston. 1x Rosemont. 1x Crystal City. 3x SFO. 1x CDG. 1x MCO. (And at former Hyatts: Waikoloa, Lake Las Vegas, San Jose, LAX, ATL.)

These just happened, without instruments. I don't (think to) ask. I do often ask God or the hotel gods, "Why, now, when there's just me?" But I don't shake my fist at them...

1x HR Santa Clara...

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 9, 2010 at 10:04 pm
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I've stayed at the Hyatt at the Bellevue in Philadelpia twice so far and both times was given a suite. The first time a Bellevue Suite (really nice) and the next was a regular suite I think.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:05 pm
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Upgraded to Suites in

Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
Grand Hyatt Bali
Park Hyatt Beijing
Hyatt Coral Gables
Grand Hyatt Santiago
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:45 pm

This is nice...gives me an idea of which Hyatts to favor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.