Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Greenville REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Greenville REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by christof
Any recent updates for Globalists? I'm visiting the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg. Thanks.
Quick update with further review to follow. I'm staying a week here. As globalist, I got no upgrade, just a standard King room. I assume there was some event booking up rooms for one of the nights, as confirmed by checking hyatt.com. Staff did spend a few minutes looking. Room seems fine, but beware the big gap under the doors (including connectors). I recommend looking for a room towards the end of a hallway if at all possible to reduce noise. Breakfast is fine, but service is spotty. Attached restaurant has fantastic staff in the evening. Probably one of the nicer experiences I have had, including a couple homemade infused liquors and a decent selection of better-than-average stuff.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Any recent updates for Globalists? I'm visiting the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg. Thanks.
Just finished up a 2 night stay using C+P. Upgraded from a base room to an Atrium Suite as Globalist without prompting. No lounge, however, breakfast in the Roost Restaurant is complimentary. You can select buffet or items off of the menu and gratuity (up to 20%) is included. At check in we received vouchers for two bottles of water which were redeemed in the gift shop. An amenity of four local craft beers and snack mix was delivered to our room with a note from the Hyatt Team that I was selected as "Gem Focus Member" for this week.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Southdown13
Just finished up a 2 night stay using C+P. Upgraded from a base room to an Atrium Suite as Globalist without prompting. No lounge, however, breakfast in the Roost Restaurant is complimentary. You can select buffet or items off of the menu and gratuity (up to 20%) is included. At check in we received vouchers for two bottles of water which were redeemed in the gift shop. An amenity of four local craft beers and snack mix was delivered to our room with a note from the Hyatt Team that I was selected as "Gem Focus Member" for this week.
Originally Posted by aschuett
Quick update with further review to follow. I'm staying a week here. As globalist, I got no upgrade, just a standard King room. I assume there was some event booking up rooms for one of the nights, as confirmed by checking hyatt.com. Staff did spend a few minutes looking. Room seems fine, but beware the big gap under the doors (including connectors). I recommend looking for a room towards the end of a hallway if at all possible to reduce noise. Breakfast is fine, but service is spotty. Attached restaurant has fantastic staff in the evening. Probably one of the nicer experiences I have had, including a couple homemade infused liquors and a decent selection of better-than-average stuff.

Thank you, both. How does parking work for Globalists? Reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp make it sound like a third party operates the garage.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Thank you, both. How does parking work for Globalists? Reviews on TripAdvisor and Yelp make it sound like a third party operates the garage.
My folio shows a $7.50 charge for self parking for each day. Our stay was C+P back in September.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:18 pm

I am usually here once or twice a year and never felt like I got particularly good treatment as a Diamond (never an upgrade, never a welcome amenity, etc). I am back now as an Explorist and I am getting treated better than I ever did as a Diamond. Upgraded to a Main st king and they brought me pimento cheese, crackers and a bucket of local beer as a gift.

I really miss being a diamond, but a bucket of beer may take a little sting out of my forced shift to Hilton (I just couldn't do 60 nights in Hyatt's footprint)
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:50 pm

Stayed here over President's Day weekend as a Globalist. Was upgraded (without asking) to a 1.5 bathroom suite that overlooked the atrium of the hotel .
Room had a wet bar, 1 mini fridge, 1 wine fridge, an ice machine, and 2 bottles of Fiji water. Room was also spacious and clean.

Parking is free for Globalists - the front desk hands you a keycard that you use in the 3rd party garage next door. Note that there is a covered walkway (keycard required at night) from the Hyatt to the garage.

Did not get the local amenity that others have mentioned, but that did not bother me. Also did not try Roost since I had breakfast plans every day, but it looked busy and nice.
The only service hiccup I had was that their room service was not great - the menu mentioned that cheesecake was always available, but there was none when I called down to order.

Overall, I think this is a good hotel, but I did not have any major service hiccups / misses and barely interacted with the hotel staff beyond check in and check out.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Rooms are updated, and are now different from OP. More modern Regency styling, though it seemed like renovations were on a budget. One drawer kept opening by itself. One side of the bed had plugs via the radio, and the other side had wall plugs, though it was largely hidden by the bedstand - looks like it got shifted over a bit over time. No problem there.

Was given the corner Main St King, which FD touted as a suite, but by Hyatt's standards, really aren't. Entrance door leads to a corridor, a door connecting to another room, bit more to the restroom and closet, a little more, and finally the rather good sized room. 65 inch LG TV, Staycast, long daybed. Hanger space was more limited, though thankfully not the ridiculously limited slanted rod style like some Centrics tend to have. Bathroom could use more hooks. Room faces Main St, and the square where Starbucks and Roost opens into. There may be some street noise, particularly from loud vehicles. Higher floors may also get street noise from the far street - not sure if it's Academy or Richardson. My AC unit makes its presence felt when it spins up and down - reminiscent of a small jet engine, thought not loud enough to disturb sleep as I could tell. Probably just an old unit needing service.

Parking garage seems to be city managed, and is now accessible through room key.
Covid updates: Roost, the restaurant, is open for breakfast. Pool should be open "next week". Valet is also available, though the parking garage is connected as described upthread.
PFDigest likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Anyone know if there is a breakfast benefit for Globalists since there is no club? Is parking still confirmed free for Globalist paying with cash/credit card? Anyone stayed both here and the nearby Place and prefer the Place for any reason?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
I was here three weeks ago and there was a breakfast buffet for globalists. At the time, I think it was only open on weekends. Rooms look to be very recently renovated. I can't think of any reason to choose the HP.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by iherebyresign
I was here three weeks ago and there was a breakfast buffet for globalists. At the time, I think it was only open on weekends. Rooms look to be very recently renovated. I can't think of any reason to choose the HP.
Thanks for your reply, opted for the Regency but have some regret. Obviously I have not yet stayed in the HP a couple blocks away to compare... check in was meh, no room upgrade at all, rooms were clean and nice but VERY small for such a large property... and breakfast service also meh. I had also called because I had heard a weird perk of this property was free parking for Globalists, and even called to confirm, but of course the truth is free parking for Globalist using POINTS, which is a duh and typical of almost any Hyatt property unless parking is very 3rd party. I guess it was fine, but honestly, I'd like to try the Place next time.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:33 pm

I stayed here earlier this year, no status. Hotel was significantly cheaper than all Marriott properties nearby.

First room I received was absurdly hot (75 degrees after air conditioner on for hours). Front desk sent maintenance, who closed the blinds and called it "fixed". I complained to the front desk, agent moved me to a new room, it was far more comfortable. Happy with the on-site restaurant, pretty good food. Rooms have huge TVs and a chaise which was nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.