Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What Can I do With Platinum Membership in Hyatt Gold Passport?

Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:43 am
RNE
Original Poster

Tell me what to expect now that Chase has given me Platinum membership in Hyatt Gold Passport, without my ever having stayed in a Hyatt. What perks should I especially look for/take advantage of? (I usually stay at SPG or Hilton properties.) Besides perks, what about points? What's the best use? Can I convert them to FF miles?

While I'm at it, what do you think of the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Resort & Spa in FLL? I'm leaving on a cruise on April 25 and my statuesque missus wants a spa hotel near the docks the night before. Ever the Hilton diehard, I'm also looking at the Hilton Grande Hotel & Yacht Club.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I think the best perk is the free internet access which can save you $10-$20+ a day. Other than that, not much else except for the little benefits, such as "best available room within the booked category" which doesn't mean much, maybe a higher floor room or with a better view, but that depends on your luck at the hotel. Bonus points, priority check in (which I've yet to make use of as every single Hyatt I've stayed yet either had no one at this desk or everyone else was using it so I believe it's not at all reinforced).
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:12 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Any opinions on the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Resort & Spa vs the Hilton Grande Hotel & Yacht Club, in FLL?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:27 pm

Previously I would have said GP Plat gets you just about nothing. Now, it actually gets you free internet during your stay so I can no longer bag on Plat status so much, since you actually get something useful now. ^
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
It also gets you a lot of platinum award bennies on your way up to diamond, which you miss out on if you move up fast with stays counting double.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I would have said nothing but Internet access a month ago. But I've had two upgrades to a junior suite in December, so 2 out of 7 stays in 2 months is very good compared to 0 for 17 stays at Hilton this year.

I used to be a diehard Hilton HHONORS guy. But I've given up on trying to maintain HH Diamond, when Gold gets me most of what I need.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Tell me what to expect now that Chase has given me Platinum membership in Hyatt Gold Passport, without my ever having stayed in a Hyatt. What perks should I especially look for/take advantage of? (I usually stay at SPG or Hilton properties.) Besides perks, what about points? What's the best use? Can I convert them to FF miles?

While I'm at it, what do you think of the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Resort & Spa in FLL? I'm leaving on a cruise on April 25 and my statuesque missus wants a spa hotel near the docks the night before. Ever the Hilton diehard, I'm also looking at the Hilton Grande Hotel & Yacht Club.
Which Chase card gives you Hyatt Platinum status?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 3:29 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Which Chase card gives you Hyatt Platinum status?
Continental Airlines Presidential Plus World MasterCard. See www.presplus150.com
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:35 pm

In the past, elites (including Platinums) got a courtesy extension on the FFN awards (about 1 month, although I've seen reports of longer extensions).

Lately Hyatt has tightened up on the extensions. Lots of debate in the NBT FAQ thread (mostly about Diamonds). In the past asking nicely (and maybe a few times) did the trick.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.