FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   What is a "Regency Club" anyway? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1025332-what-regency-club-anyway.html)

kebosabi Dec 8, 2009 7:46 pm

What is a "Regency Club" anyway?

Sorry to be noob....mainly a Priority Clubs guy.

Anyhoo, I have the Platinum Extras Certificate saying a "Regency Club" upgrade.

What is that? Is it a special room/suite or a lounge? If latter, what's so special about this lounge?

236Dakota Dec 8, 2009 8:04 pm

Some hotels have Regency Clubs. What you'll get varies greatly. If they have one you may be placed on a special floor, or just have access to the club on the club floor. On the top end you'll get a great buffet breakfast, refreshments all day, computers to use, hors d'œuvres in the afternoon/evening that in some places will almost be a meal, deserts and a champaign night cap (The Hyatt in Melbourne, Australia would meet this description). In other places it might go down hill from here, i.e. you would have to pay for your drinks and what they offer might not be the best, like some velveta cheese and crackers.

Read the Flyertalk reviews.

It would be very useful to have a thread on which hotels have clubs and what the quality is but it would have to be updated constantly becuase this is always changing.

I hope this helps. I sure others may have better information to offer.

peteropny Dec 8, 2009 8:13 pm

236Dakota is right - I'll just add that at International properties, alcoholic drinks in the lounge are "free" while they are charged domestically (except for the Hawaii & Grand Cypress Orlando properties).

If someone is willing to take it on - we can try a thread again of which property has clubs / their hours / and quality. I'm not personally willing to spearhead this since it constantly changes (opening / closing more than quality) so its really hard to keep it accurate - we did try it once several years ago. My usual advice for people who find a club important is to contact the hotel and ask specifically if there is a club and the hours during the dates in question. Of course people are welcome to post club hours / quality in the property's review thread.

236Dakota Dec 8, 2009 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 12951641)
People are welcome to post club hours / quality in the property's review thread.

Good idea for thread! I'll start...

BoulderHyattHopper Dec 12, 2009 8:16 pm

Hyatt Grand Cypress...

The Hyatt GP's RC has been closed for a while (we were there in November and it was closed!) It reopend on 12-5. We head there on Saturday, so we will give you a recap!!! bhh

frogss29 Dec 12, 2009 8:20 pm

The Grand Hyatt Atlanta has free drinks.
It is a small room though
Nice breakfast
Great staff
Cookies etc all day
Not sure about the evening offerings because we weren't there for that.