Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Suite Upgrade Inventory <> Hotel Available Inventory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Suite Upgrade Inventory <> Hotel Available Inventory

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:57 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Karen, can u clarify if these properties also disallow the use of GP points to upgrade to suites as well? And full points redemption for suites.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

Thank you for your patience while we researched the hotels that are mentioned in this thread regarding the Diamond Suite Upgrade....

Thanks for your response Karen and for being such a helpful resource to this community.

I think Hyatt is a great hotel chain, and the Gold Passport program makes its the best.

While I wish there were no properties that were excluded, thanks for researching the issue. Hopefully that list wont grow.

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:05 pm

I don't think anyone would consider a junior suite (mostly just a larger room or an odd shaped room) a one bedroom room suite accomondation. How can hyatt see junior suite as a one bedroom suite accomodation?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
First year as Diamond (real happy with the program overall) and first attempt at using a Diamond upgrade certificate. Tried twice on two different calls/days to make a booking at the Hyatt Maui, both times told by Diamond CSR that there is no Suite availability even though both the website as well as the Hotel (via phone call) is willing to sell the basic Ocean view suite. Diamond CSR says that it is only available as a two bedroom and therefore not available, while the hotel is willing to sell the one bedroom (basic configuration) for the normal price of $800 per night.

What gives? Does Hyatt maintain a seperate upgrade inventory that is different from their sales inventory, or is this a one-off issue with this particular hotel?

Not a huge issue since there are lots of inexpensive alternatives in Maui this week, but disappointing nontheless.

SG
Be glad you're not staying here...we decided to check it out last week just to see if we would ever stay there...UGH! Badly needs updating...we valeted the car and literally 4 minutes later got the car and left!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
1) Hyatt Regency Kyoto
2) Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine
3) Park Hyatt Sydney
4) Park Hyatt Beaver Creek...
I do not want to be stingy here - I am after all totally satisfied with the GP program - but I find this opting out of the HR Kyoto & Paris as well as PH Sydney still sketchy. Or in fact any property which choses to opt out.

As for the HR Kyoto is does offer suites, namely the Regency Suite as does the HR Paris-M. For Kyoto there are other - as I would term it - 'suite like' rooms. So, either these could go for a entry level suite, or it should be the Regency Suite. Similar for the HR Paris-M. - they do have suites listed, aka the Regency Suite and even a higher level suite. As of such I have a hard time following the reasoning that there are no entry level suites at those properties. Seems a bit too random for my understanding - yes, we have suites (or suite like rooms) but you can't get them because we deem them being of a higher level than entry level. Would be easy for other properties to follow suite.

Similar can be said for PH Sydney. But they are known for being 'problematic' anyway

Karen, with all due respect, I am afraid but your answer is somewhat rather unsatisfactory. The explanation of what is and what is not considered an entry level suite is very vague and can be interpreted in any properties favour in order not to accept the suite upgrade.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Karen - and Hyatt - thank you. You've done it again. Further product differentiation between Hyatt and Hilton. Hilton has had promotions lately that were "participating properties" and no way to find out who they were(-n't!) until you turned up -- actually a black box until the bonus posted, or not, ex post facto.

(Come to think of it, I think I remember one like that by Hyatt - the one that had the list of participating properties all in a jumble, and properties winking in and out like Christmas lights - but that was then... )
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Karen, Can you look at this again?

1 bedroom accommodations should have a door to a bedroom that closes. In all the junior suites I've been in, all it is a larger room, perhaps "L" shaped. I don't consider that a suite, but instead a large room.

Had I used my hard earned points for an award for a suite and been given a Junior suite, you can bet I would be more than a little upset.

While this new benefit is great, I think this provision is a bit problematic.
I think that it should be sufficient if the property calls the room in question a "Suite".

Park Hyatt Zurich and Park Hyatt Tokyo have both terrific King Suites and they both have no doors while the separation of the bedroom is done in a very nice way.

Park Hyatt Vendome on the other hand should not market its Junior Suites as "Suites" - the "Suites" have the size of the "Deluxe Room" at the Park Hyatt Tokyo...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
I think that it should be sufficient if the property calls the room in question a "Suite".

Park Hyatt Zurich and Park Hyatt Tokyo have both terrific King Suites and they both have no doors while the separation of the bedroom is done in a very nice way.

Park Hyatt Vendome on the other hand should not market its Junior Suites as "Suites" - the "Suites" have the size of the "Deluxe Room" at the Park Hyatt Tokyo...
So Junior Suite is still not okay?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I probably raised the biggest stink at this property about how they define suite. I was there for 4 days for vacation after a work trip with my wife, it was off season and I had used points to bump up to a "suite" and got the same JR suite type room that they often put me in without even using the points. It took a while, but I finally just told them I wasn't happy with the room and didn't care what the called it. They marched me up to one of the much larger suites with a small balcony and asked if that was what I was looking for...

I'd like to use one of these confirmed upgrades there again in February, again a time when I doubt the real suites will actually be filled. So I might actually be agressive and call and ahead and list some specific suite numbers that I had written down.

As to HR Mad, I've long given up on them, they are not all that and I could never understand why Hyatt tolerated their marginal participation in the GP program. My worst room at the PH Vendome kicked it over the best room the HR Mad ever gave me, and beyond the room, the PH is superior in so many ways.

Originally Posted by SMK77
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
For those of us with young children who sleep at an earlier time, we look for a real suite, where you have a door/wall that isolates noise and light in the bedroom.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by neuro0
So Junior Suite is still not okay?
PHV at least calls them Suites and sells them for money under that title. I am not happy with the designation but you can look the "Suites" up on the web before you go there and decide whether you like them or not.

The Junior Suite is still twice the space of a standard room - so I am happy that there is this upgrade opportunity.

PHV wouldn't qualify for the "Park Hyatt" title if they were applying now as all the rooms are ways too small. And looking at Tokyo where real estate is really expensive, they can still manage the entry suite to be 100 sqm (compared to 48 sqm in Paris).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.