Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Shenzhen REVIEW - MASTER THEAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Shenzhen REVIEW - MASTER THEAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Transport to GH from HKIA

Hello All

I am booked next week at GH Shenzhen. Couple of questions:

1) I arrive in HKG at 6 am and need to get to the hotel quickly as I have a meeting around 10 am. Can anyone point me to a reliable limo pick-up service at HKIA ? I contacted the hotel and they said they could arrange pickup for 2000CNY - which seems excessive. I saw a few listed in the airport website but none of them have English websites for me to get information.

2)How long does it typically take to drive from HKIA to the hotel on a weekday early morning?

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:32 pm

Grand Hyatt Shenzhen - June 2017

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Shenzhen for about 10 hours in June, arriving late at night.

Check in:

At check-in at the sky lobby, I was not given a Suite room as a Globalist. However, my colleague who has no status with Hyatt was given a Grand Suite. I challenged and asked why a Globalist was not getting at least a Grand Suite when there were many Suites still being sold. Eventually I got a Grand Suite.

Vile behaviour.

I reported this to the Grand Club the next day who fobbed me off by telling me that they would counsel the lobby staff. Useless.

Grand Suite:

Apologies the pictures are dark as I arrived at around 11PM.

Grand Club seating:

Grand Club breakfast:

Overall:

A decent overnight stay despite the vile Globalist welcome. But that's probably symptomatic of the awful World Of Hyatt program.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So the hotel no longer offers breakfast in the downstairs dining room for Globalists?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Thanks for all the responses. I'll try the Shangri-La option.
To provide an update on this some 18 months later:

I've been taking advantage of the Shangri-La 'hack' several times in the past couple of years and it works like a charm every time. Now that the HSR between HK and Futian has opened, I'll be using that moving forward. Interestingly there's a Shangri-La just next door to Futian Station as well -- so can still use this 'hack' moving forward to avoid long taxi lines at the station.
Central90210 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:24 am
Uli

Going to Shenzhen each month, and on an unlimited budget, I can tell you the GH is still the best option to stay. They have the best staff in SZ.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Uli
Going to Shenzhen each month, and on an unlimited budget, I can tell you the GH is still the best option to stay. They have the best staff in SZ.
But you have to admit- the service is getting worse and worse.

The breakfast buffet is worse than before. Used to have better bread selections, Japanese breakfast option is less, dim sum variety is getting less.

Within last 18 months, really has degraded it services.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:06 am

Had my second stay recently and have to agree that the service have become worse than before. That being said, this remains a solid option in Shenzhen, particularly at these rates.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:37 pm
Uli

Originally Posted by krispykrme

The breakfast buffet is worse than before. Used to have better bread selections, Japanese breakfast option is less, dim sum variety is getting less.

Hard to say. I am in the GH SZ right now, still in a big suite which is fully paid for, and I see everyone doing a perfect job to make my stay great. I have shortly been at the club floor today to meet somebody -- the food options there have surely been downgraded (before they offered some selections from their specialty restaurants), that is correct. But anything you pay for, you get it. This already makes a difference in China sometimes. And, if they know you, you will get things you have never seen before.
Example: I once ordered a "Bloody Mary" and they did not have tomato juice, at the "Penthouse Bar". So they made it. Roasting cherry tomatoes in the open kitchen, getting juice of it, cooling it, then having it infused by szechuan-peppered wodka. Unbelievable! And each time I go there thay have that stuff ready. How to match that?
Western guests have issues with room service orders at night sometimes due to non-English-speakers at the phone. In GH SZ I can just ask for a "bottle of red wine" and I will get the same as last time, as they know it. This is top-notch hospitality.
And frankly, I do not care if they cut some "free" stuff from their lounge: I pay for a big suite, so in the last five years it was never possible for them to upgrade me but they always delivered more than what I paid for.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:42 pm
Uli

By the way, I never have breakfast
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Uli
Hard to say. I am in the GH SZ right now, still in a big suite which is fully paid for, and I see everyone doing a perfect job to make my stay great. I have shortly been at the club floor today to meet somebody -- the food options there have surely been downgraded (before they offered some selections from their specialty restaurants), that is correct. But anything you pay for, you get it. This already makes a difference in China sometimes. And, if they know you, you will get things you have never seen before.
Example: I once ordered a "Bloody Mary" and they did not have tomato juice, at the "Penthouse Bar". So they made it. Roasting cherry tomatoes in the open kitchen, getting juice of it, cooling it, then having it infused by szechuan-peppered wodka. Unbelievable! And each time I go there thay have that stuff ready. How to match that?
Western guests have issues with room service orders at night sometimes due to non-English-speakers at the phone. In GH SZ I can just ask for a "bottle of red wine" and I will get the same as last time, as they know it. This is top-notch hospitality.
And frankly, I do not care if they cut some "free" stuff from their lounge: I pay for a big suite, so in the last five years it was never possible for them to upgrade me but they always delivered more than what I paid for.
Actually lounge isn't bad. The actual buffet on 32 is getting bad. This is what I am complaining.

My company rates includes breakfast.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:30 pm
Uli

Actually lounge isn't bad. The actual buffet on 32 is getting bad. This is what I am complaining.

My company rates includes breakfast.
OK, sorry to hear that. I have been to the floor 32 breakfast.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
How is the evening reception at this hotel?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by klakhav
How is the evening reception at this hotel?
I assume you mean in the lounge? When I was there several days ago there was a good variety of appetizers & desserts offered. It wasn't crowded at all which made it a nice place to relax.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:10 am

In terms of decor it is one of the nicest Grand Hyatt lounges anywhere -- the spread is also not bad.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
In terms of decor it is one of the nicest Grand Hyatt lounges anywhere -- the spread is also not bad.
How does the lounge compare to the GH in HKG? is it worth a payment difference of 350 RMB + 15%?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.