Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Macau REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Macau REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I stayed at both GH and MO Macau last December. Personally I found the MO to be better situated (it is nearer to the historical part of the city) and all-around a better property than the GH.

At the MO: they bring beautiful desserts to your room every night as part of their hospitality. The rooms are gorgeous and beds very comfortable. The buffet breakfast is probably the best buffet breakfast I've ever eaten (it has both Western and Chinese options). The pool area is serene, with good service, and has wonderful views.

At the GH: first of all it is situated around a bunch of new-construction hotels that all had a kind of brand-new, empty feeling to them, to me. The GH itself has this same feeling. I was upgraded to what I believe was called the Executive Suite, but it didn't have anywhere near the level of luxury that the Mandarin room had. It smelled of smoke, too. The GH lounge is nice, but the food level isn't as delicious as the Mandarin breakfast buffet. The GH pool is kind of empty and windswept, with no service when I was there. Finally, I had a really terrible massage at the spa (it actually hurt). Not to be a downer but this just wasn't one of my favorite Hyatt properties at all. I'd go with the MO in this situation if the price is similar.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Katlor
I stayed at both GH and MO Macau last December. Personally I found the MO to be better situated (it is nearer to the historical part of the city) and all-around a better property than the GH.

At the MO: they bring beautiful desserts to your room every night as part of their hospitality. The rooms are gorgeous and beds very comfortable. The buffet breakfast is probably the best buffet breakfast I've ever eaten (it has both Western and Chinese options). The pool area is serene, with good service, and has wonderful views.

At the GH: first of all it is situated around a bunch of new-construction hotels that all had a kind of brand-new, empty feeling to them, to me. The GH itself has this same feeling. I was upgraded to what I believe was called the Executive Suite, but it didn't have anywhere near the level of luxury that the Mandarin room had. It smelled of smoke, too. The GH lounge is nice, but the food level isn't as delicious as the Mandarin breakfast buffet. The GH pool is kind of empty and windswept, with no service when I was there. Finally, I had a really terrible massage at the spa (it actually hurt). Not to be a downer but this just wasn't one of my favorite Hyatt properties at all. I'd go with the MO in this situation if the price is similar.
thank you very much.

MO booked!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Any post WOH experiences at this property? Managed to get a Grand Suite at a good rate -- can I expect an upgrade to a higher category suite as Globalist?
Old May 19, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, KF Gold, Marriott Titanium
For those who have experienced both, would you pick the Grand Hyatt or Crown Tower?

In terms of sheer luxury, which is better?

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:37 am

Talking Grand Hyatt Macau - August 2017

Despite the abhorrent World of Hyatt, I have returned for the second time this year to the excellent Grand Hyatt Macau. The staff here are very competent, friendly and efficient. The staff in the Grand Club are a particular highlight.

Room:

As a Globalist I have been upgraded to the Grand Suite King with a fountain view.

View from the Suite:

Pool area:

Grand Club:

View of Macau Airport from Grand Club:

Afternoon tea in Grand Club:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Happy Hour in Grand Club:

Hot dishes Day 1: Gigot in Portuguese style / Stew Pig's Knuckle with Broccolli (rotates daily)

Hot dishes Day 2:

From the noodles station (day 1 and 2)

Desserts (day 1 and 2):

The traditional Macanese dessert (serradura) on the bottom left of the first two photos is a must try

Breakfast at Mezza9:

A la carte eggs are available - below, eggs benedict:

An item from the noodle station:

Gym:

Conclusion:

This is a very excellent hotel that is clearly well-run with extremely efficient, friendly and competent staff all round. The hard product offering is extremely strong. The only bad thing is that there are no World of Hyatt award nights on a Saturday unless you book well in advance.
River in Sight likes this.

Last edited by Singapore_Air; Dec 17, 2017 at 10:08 am
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:31 am

The above post has been updated to include:
  • Gym
  • Breakfast at main resutaurant
  • More items at happy hour and afternoon tea
  • Night view from the suite
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:15 am

Grand Hyatt Macau - November 2017

I am back at the Grand Hyatt Macau and the staff are excellent as usual and very friendly.

I thought I would post some updates relating to the Grand Club today (17 November).

Afternoon tea (Days 1 and 2):

Happy Hour (Friday):

Cheese and rotating hot items (German pork knuckle, unknown sweetcorn, fried rice with Chinese sausage)

Red and white wines:

Satay (in lieu of Korean BBQ meat as per the post above) and a la carte vermicelli with pork balls:

Note that there is no Veuve Cliquot champagne. I am told this is reserved for weekends. It will be interesting to see if the Korean BBQ meat returns tomorrow too.

Happy Hour (Saturday):

The Korean BBQ returned:

Nice gift in the Suite courtesy of the lovely Guest Experience Team:

Breakfast:

I went down to Mezza9 which is the restaurant for breakfast. However, it seemed closed. I went to the Grand Club and was informed that during non-summer seasons, Mezza9 does not open for breakfast ! A bit strange given the hotel is so consistently full. As a result, breakfast for everyone is served in the Grand Club.

A la carte eggs benedict:

Conclusion:

Another excellent visit in a welcoming environment with warm, friendly staff. Kudos to this excellent hotel.

Last edited by Singapore_Air; Dec 17, 2017 at 12:29 pm Reason: Updated
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:30 am

Background:

Despite the vile World of Hyatt, I remain very enthused by this hotel for its amenities, features and, most importantly, the staff. I was also travelling with two others and booked a cash + points.

Not much has changed since my last visits.

Afternoon tea in Grand Club (days 1 and 3):

Happy Hour in Grand Club (Day 1):

Happy Hour in Grand Club (Day 2, rotated dishes only shown):

Happy Hour in Grand Club (Day 2, rotated dishes only shown):

Breakfast in Grand Club:

Rotating hot, Western dishes:

Eggs benedict made-to-order:

Conclusion:

Another excellent stay in an excellent hotel. Kudos to it !
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Super detailed report! Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:01 am

Grand Hyatt Macau - November 2018

Background:

Despite the awful World of Hyatt, this hotel remains excellent so I returned for a two night stay. Now that I am an Explorist, I don't get an upgrade to a Suite automatically anymore. This post will concentrate mainly on the room and Grand Club.

1 King Bed with Club Access:
I got the room I booked.

Afternoon tea in Grand Club:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Happy Hour at Grand Club:

Day 1:

Noodle soup with pork balls:

Day 2:

Breakfast in Grand Club:

Day 1:

Wonton noodle soup:

Men's changing room:

There is a hot tub jacuzzi and steam room that I hadn't noticed before:

Conclusion:

This remains a favourite of mine and a very well-run hotel with exceptional staff, especially in the Grand Club. The overall proposition across the room, facilities and Grand Club remain extremely strong. Despite the vile World of Hyatt, I will have to return again next year.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
@Singapore_Air thanks for detailed reviews. I noticed that non-suite King has bathtub by the window and suites have it in the back of the room. Is the bathtub with window standard for all king rooms?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
@Singapore_Air thanks for detailed reviews. I noticed that non-suite King has bathtub by the window and suites have it in the back of the room. Is the bathtub with window standard for all king rooms?
I'm not that familiar with this room but if you email the general enquiries address they are pretty responsive after a day or two in my experience. Macau.Grand[at]Hyatt.com
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Got reply from hotel in 15 minutes. These are the room types that have bath/bathroom with the view, in case anyone needs that information in future:
-One King Bed Deluxe
-Two Twin Beds Deluxe
-One King Bed with Club Access
-Two Twin Beds with Club Access
-Grand Executive Suite

I will have to downgrade myself from standard suite.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:35 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Greetings all - any experiences getting to the hotel from HKG via the new bus/bridge link?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:24 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Greetings all - any experiences getting to the hotel from HKG via the new bus/bridge link?
I contacted the hotel on options, and am copy/pasting their reply. Related to the transfer via the new bridge, you need to change cars en route somewhere. That was no option for us,so we took the ferry from HK. Unfortunately, there are not many ferries a day between HKIA and Macau. turbojet only has 2 transfers, 4 in the other direction. also weird.
we took the ferry back to HKIA. advantage is you get a portion of the airport taxes refunded. 120HK$ I believe.

Greeting from Grand Hyatt Macau Concierge team!

Thank you for your email. Regarding the transportation between our hotel and Hong Kong International Airport, please find the following information for your reference.

Option 1: Hotel private limousine service

Please be advised that our Hotel provides Multi-Purpose Vehicle which can accommodate for 6 person and limited luggage for transportation arrangement. The price is MOP $4000.00 per trip per car from Hong Kong International to Grand Hyatt Macau.

For the time being, direct point to point service between Macau and Hong Kong is not yet available. Instead you will need to have a mid-point transfer at the HongKong- ZhuHai -Macau Bridge – Zhuhai Artificial Island to another limousine that will take to the final destination.

Please see the following terms and conditions applied

-MOP$ 1000 surcharge is applied from 22:00 pm to 08:00 am per trip per car

-For the cancellation within 1 day to the pick-up and for NO SHOW, full payment amount will be charged

Option 2: Ferry Service and City of Dream shuttle bus service

Regarding the Hongkong Airport to Macau’s ferry service is available at Taipa Ferry terminal ( CotaiJet company) and Macau Ferry Terminal( turbojet company) , more details schedule and price please visit Cotaijet service at http://www.cotaiwaterjet.com/index.html Or Turbojet service http://www.turbojet.com.hk/en/.

Also, City of dream provide complimentary shuttle bus service from both ferry terminal to Grand Hyatt Macau, we are pleased to introduce the shuttle schedule as City of Dream's website at : https://www.cityofdreamsmacau.com/tc/getting-here

Option 3: Shuttle Bus via the Sea Bridge

As an alternative, guest may consider taking the Shuttle Bus from Hongkong Auirport to Macau via sea bridge, passengers may take a local connecting bus (route B4 ) to arrive at the Hongkong port , guest purchase shuttle bus tickets at the hall, then exit through the Hongkong immigration to get aboard the Hongkong- Zhuhai-Macau's shuttle, the journey from Hong Kong to Macau port approximately 50 minutes.

Please note that there are complimentary shuttle bus from the Hongkong -ZHuhai-Macau Border to both Macau Ferry and Taipa Ferry Terminal. Then you may transfer the CITY OF DREAM shuttle bus from both ferry terminals to Grand Hyatt.

Furthermore, taxi is also available at the border and it will take around 25 -30 minutes and cost around MOP/HKD 150 per trip.

Kind Regards,

Concierge/Bell

Grand Hyatt Macau

Last edited by 59Impala; Jul 16, 2019 at 9:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.