Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Do we know the point redemption award night also counts towards the current promo of earning 1000 bonus pts on each stay starting the 2nd stay?

I have a slew of Hyatt redemption nights coming up in April as their awards are not only the cheapest but also a lot cheaper than their room rates. These are 3 to 4 nights stays that I could possible split it with one non Hyatt night in the middle thus make a 3 nights become 2 stays instead of 1 stay.

The language on Free Award Night is not clear enough, to me anyway.
It did last year on a similar promo.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:12 am

gfibj

Last edited by beltway; Apr 6, 2024 at 7:28 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

It did last year on a similar promo.
Originally Posted by mster
The promotion terms are exceptionally clear: "For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay."
Thank you both for the assurance. It gives me incentive to split the nights. I can insert a non Hyatt night at a hotel nearby.

Given it is in Japan, (or even at other places) we can leave our bags with Hyatt at check out and pick up the bags when we return for our next stay.

Last time Park Hyatt actually delivered our bags to Hyatt Regency when we left Tokyo for Osaka for several days. Hyatt Regency made me sign a receipt upon check in.

Other chains do the same. Westin Palace in Milan kept our bags for 4 days when we split to Prague and then returned to the hotel after the trip. The Concierge did make me sign a release on responsibility though.

Originally Posted by beltway
I have an upcoming trip where the first night is booked using a Chase cert, followed by 3 nights on a points award. Haven't checked the Hyatt T&C, but I'm guessing that as with other hotel chains, this all gets merged into a single stay -> no bonus under the current promo.
I am afraid so. Can you find another property nearby to split your stay? Else you would not earn until your 2nd stay. But you have a total of 4 nights... Could potentially split into 3 stays... if you dont mind the moving.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The promotion terms are exceptionally clear: "For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay."
So if you do 10 nights on an ineligible rate, and then tack on an eligible night at the end, all 11 nights become eligible?

That seems pretty generous, if you have access to cheap ineligible rates.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. Try reading the terms again ^
It clearly says that an eligible night is a night where at least one night of your stay is on a paid eligible rate or booked with points. That would imply that on an 11-night stay, if at least one night of that stay is eligible, all 11 nights are eligible.

Which part of the terms are you referring to?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I checked out out of a 5 day Hyatt Regency stay on 2/16 and was surprised to see I got 5k points for the promotion. I didn't want to post it here for fear of losing it, but it seems they did an IT sweep and I lost the 5k given to me on that promotion. Still tho, will make a ton of points on this promotion and all of my remaining stays during the promotional period (except for 7 days in Tokyo) are at Hyatt Places
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Just checked my account for Hyatt place stay. Booked a 4 night stay with 4th night free (hotel promo). My account only shows 3 nights as eligble elite nights but they gave me 4500 points for the q1 hyatt place/house bonus.

shouldn't I get 4 elite nights? Plus I thought it was 1500 per stay so should be only be 1500 instead of 4500 bonus?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by KL808

shouldn't I get 4 elite nights? Plus I thought it was 1500 per stay so should be only be 1500 instead of 4500 bonus?
Firstly, this promotion provides 1500 points per eligible night at a HP.

Generally with a n'th night free rate, the n'th night is not considered 'eligible' and hence does not credit as an 'elite' night. If you feel it should have credited, then reach out to WoH and ask - after a review, they may decide to allocate another elite night, another 1500 points or both ... or they might not.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:27 pm

I can confirm that I received 1500 points per night for my most recent Hyatt House stay (2nd stay during the promo period).

This was an excellent promo for me ^
Old May 2, 2019, 9:34 pm

For the new "500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New" promo - most new hotels aren't participating - only 9 properties are actually on the list: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ew-hotels.html.

This seems like an extremely odd move from Hyatt that will generate a lot of guest confusion.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:35 pm

I can confirm that I received 1500 points per night for my most recent Hyatt House stay (2nd stay during the promo period).

This was an excellent promo for me ^
nice! I’ll be staying at Hyatt house from May 6 - 15 (promo end) then will be moving the rest of my stay to Marriott for the current double point promo
Old May 13, 2019, 12:28 pm

Any recommendations if you have a stay overlapping May 15th, the promo ending date. Thanks.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hockeymom2219
Any recommendations if you have a stay overlapping May 15th, the promo ending date. Thanks.
Split it into two stays and ask the hotel not to merge them? I don't know if that will work.

I actually am interested interested in the answer as well, as I have a 10-night trip to India straddling the new year and I want to try to game it so that I end the year with exactly a multiple of 10 qual nights (60, 70, or 80) so I don't waste any.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That isn't going to work. You'll need to have different names on two reservations or change hotels for one night.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:17 pm

T&C's are in this post with the relevant one copied here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30782141-post4.html

7. I have a stay with a check-in date within the promotion period but a checkout date outside of the promotion period. Will I earn Bonus Points for my nights during the promotion period?

Yes, eligible nights stayed within the promotion period will be eligible to earn Bonus Points.
Hockeymom2219 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.