Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have a reservation coming up this weekend where I will be staying 4 nights, but they are on separate reservations since 1 was an award night, 1 was booked with points and 2 are paid for. Do you think the whole trip will count as an eligible stay or will the award night/points trigger an eligible stay?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Cara332
... Do you think the whole trip will count as an eligible stay ...
Yes to this.

Can you cancel the second night and stay elsewhere - that means the remaining two nights would be eligible for the promotion.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Even better rebate for cat 1 HP or HH (30% rebate) I still don't think that's "too good to be true". 30% off is nice (no complaints!) but hardly the best deal I've ever seen.

Personally I tend to stay at cat 5s or 6s so I'm looking at more like a 4-5% rebate (which I'm also not complaining about).

I find it interesting that Hyatt likes to push their lower-end properties more than their high end ones. How about 5k pts per night for GH, PH, and Andaz? (In fairness they did have a 2x qual night at Andaz promo last year, which I unfortunately missed by a couple of days)

My question is, does a "free night award" include point redemptions, or only certificates? I have a 3-night points-only stay coming up next week -- I assume that this will be my "first stay" and everything after that will get me the bonus?
I noticed the odd "free night award" language as well and it gave me pause on whether or not points redemption awards count or not. I have a current MLife stay from the 15th - 18th in cash. Then I have a mixed free night award and points redemption stay in Seattle in March at a HP, so I am definitely hoping I can get 1500 for all 5 nights.

And this promotion is also making me re-think my stay in Portland right before Seattle. I am currently burning 100K MR points for an RI for 5 nights. Now I am wondering if it is worth it for me to instead transfer 60K UR to WOH to book a HP next door for the same 5 nights. But then of course I will have 100K in points in a program that is rapidly devaluing. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I understand this is targeted? The offer I got from Marriott was good until May 31, 2019. I decided to switch enough nights to Marriott to qualify for their 75-night level. I was already booked about 21 nights at Marriott during the promo period. I added 15 more nights over the next 4 months due to the promo. Now I need to decide whether it's worthwhile to add another 13 nights and hit their 100-night level. I'll still hit 100 nights on Hyatt before the year ends.
I guess I wasn't deemed worthwhile for the promotion. Definitely making me think I should go with Hyatt. Not like doubling the elite nights in my 5 night stay in Portland would do much to help me get any worthwhile status on Marriott.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I noticed the odd "free night award" language as well and it gave me pause on whether or not points redemption awards count or not. I have a current MLife stay from the 15th - 18th in cash. Then I have a mixed free night award and points redemption stay in Seattle in March at a HP, so I am definitely hoping I can get 1500 for all 5 nights.
If MLife is your first stay, then that should not count.

Points should count, but we'll need to see DP for someone. From what I understand, they throw the free night verbiage in there for the FN certs.

Promo should work out for me as I have an upcoming 1 night paid stay, then a number of points nights in Japan/Europe during the promo period. I'm considering breaking up one of my reservations into 2 since I have a stay that overlaps the end of the period to ensure I get my bonus for that stay.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
If MLife is your first stay, then that should not count.

Points should count, but we'll need to see DP for someone. From what I understand, they throw the free night verbiage in there for the FN certs.

Promo should work out for me as I have an upcoming 1 night paid stay, then a number of points nights in Japan/Europe during the promo period. I'm considering breaking up one of my reservations into 2 since I have a stay that overlaps the end of the period to ensure I get my bonus for that stay.
I thought the M-Life stay would be the "first stay" to trigger the promo for future stays. Shoots did I miss something in the T&C's that says M-Life doesn't count for the first stay? I thought it said participating M-Life destinations were included in the promo?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:21 am

I thought the M-Life stay would be the "first stay" to trigger the promo for future stays. Shoots did I miss something in the T&C's that says M-Life doesn't count for the first stay? I thought it said participating M-Life destinations were included in the promo?
Let me clarify. It is a first stay, but it will not earn points on that stay.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I love this promotion. My work travel has me having over 20 nights in HH/HP, which I was regretting (only options in the small cities I'll be visiting + HP in Vegas), and combined with my regency stays, I'm going to earn over 40k points from this promotion. Great as I have to plan for a friend's wedding in Milan and would love to do PH Milan. Thanks Hyatt, and thanks for rewarding me for focusing all my stays in 2019 with you!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And this promotion is also making me re-think my stay in Portland right before Seattle. I am currently burning 100K MR points for an RI for 5 nights. Now I am wondering if it is worth it for me to instead transfer 60K UR to WOH to book a HP next door for the same 5 nights. But then of course I will have 100K in points in a program that is rapidly devaluing. Anyone have any thoughts?
My thought is that the program is not rapidly devaluing.

If you think that it is, then go stay somewhere where the points have more value to you.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
My thought is that the program is not rapidly devaluing....
Probably not for those who easily get to 60 nights per year or have access to the Hyatt Credit Card.

I have neither and the move from 55 to 60 nights for re-qualifying has been the death knell for me.

Back to this promotion - I'll be looking to make a good 9000 points from this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:12 am

My thought is that the program is not rapidly devaluing.

If you think that it is, then go stay somewhere where the points have more value to you.
I think you're misunderstanding him. He's saying he'll be stuck with 100K Marriott points if he switches that stay to Hyatt for this promo and those points will be devaluing rapidly.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:36 am

Sure sounds right to me. And it meets the stated terms. But I've seen hotels balk at awarding points for stays over 30 days before, for some reason. Maybe that was back in the SPG days.

If you have a concierge, how about an email exchange with them to verify and have it in writing?
mster likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by mster
(3) Check back into the same Hyatt House March 2nd-April 21st (50 nights paid / eligible rate)
May need to split this into two stays to get under 30 day/stay.

Originally Posted by Michael Ad
But I've seen hotels balk at awarding points for stays over 30 days before, for some reason. Maybe that was back in the SPG days.
From what I've read (from some other post on FT), >30days turns into renting, with different taxes, etc.
mster and ginmqi like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
I think you're misunderstanding him. He's saying he'll be stuck with 100K Marriott points if he switches that stay to Hyatt for this promo and those points will be devaluing rapidly.
Oh I see. So transfer them. Didn't Marriott inherit the great transfer partners and rates (after the 1/3 conversion) that Starwood had? 60k Marriott can get you 25k AS miles, right? That's half a business class one-way to Asia on CX (and you can get a stopover)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do we know the point redemption award night also counts towards the current promo of earning 1000 bonus pts on each stay starting the 2nd stay?

I have a slew of Hyatt redemption nights coming up in April as their awards are not only the cheapest but also a lot cheaper than their room rates. These are 3 to 4 nights stays that I could possible split it with one non Hyatt night in the middle thus make a 3 nights become 2 stays instead of 1 stay.

The language on Free Award Night is not clear enough, to me anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.